Pre-Med's 1st Grow - DWC - Multi-Strain Journal - Spring 2016

I may have missed an explanation of this, but could you give me a quick run down or point me somewhere for more info? I am suddenly having a really bad time germinating seeds.

Also, why did you decide to wash after harvest? I thought that was an outdoor grow kinda thing?

Most importantly, CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST HARVEST!!!! :slide:

I'm not sure where the discussion is on the germination techniques that explains their science but basically the h2o2 acts as a germination rate catalyst. This is because h2o2 is known to induce chemical changes along metabolic pathways. When added to seed water, it stimulates the hormones that cause germination so you're more likely to have success! I always put my seeds in paper towels the day after they've been soaking in a glass of water. IMO, the evaporation from the towel gives off just enough water to crack the shell and send that taproot searching.

I decided to wash after harvest because there have been many personal reports of increased potency, taste, resin, etc. Personally, I washed because I wanted to make sure I was getting rid of WPM remnants (my biggest struggle this grow) and I want my plants to dry nice and evenly. I noticed they got very fluffy and brighter after bud washing! It was so relaxing seeing my buds get squeaky clean.

Thank you very much! I'm excited to test out this first batch and give a smoke report! It's going to be a lot of fun continuing to learn from this community with my future grows/journals :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So you soak the seed in water with H202 before the napkin? Did I understand that correctly?

Yup! I made a solution using 16oz tap water + 3/4 tsp H2O2. I soaked up them for 20 hours and they were sunk so I took them out and soaked the towel with the same water from the cup then wrapped the seed in it folding it over and over accordion style if that makes sense. I'm sure you could fold it however you want I just wanted to maximize space. I place them on a paper plate and make a dome using another plate to keep the humidity up. Keep it in a warm location to promote germ. My kitchen cabinets have recessed lighting so I placed it under one of those for light heat haha get it? Lol I'm getting punny and redundant I'm sure so I'll end there. Oh wait yeah keep them their until the taproot is like 1/4" long

Look forward to hearing how Esme tastes and her effects,
So the 420 scope is that much easier to use ?

I work with microscopes regularly when I'm in the lab (btw, I'm a Behavioral Neuroendocrinology research fellow) and the loupe was basically a piece of s&@$ compared to that. The 420 scope actually focuses and adjusts like a microscope which makes me feel much more at ease when looking at these precious angels

High premed! How's it going. I like your explanation on the h202. Well said!!!

Everything is going well over here! Not much to update today since the plants are just doing their own thing. Tomorrow I will be putting the other three plants in complete darkness for 48 hours then they will be chopped! I'll take the newly flowering plants out so I can give the tent a deep clean from this first cycle then I'll put them back in plus 4 plants being moved from the veg room. I have to up pot like 8 clones tomorrow so that should be a lot of work too lol

I feel so relieved now that there are 8 plants in the flowering tent .

420-magazine-mobile633339276.jpg

I'm also looking into an (a pollo horti culture) 4x4 tent for my veg room. Anybody have good reviews of this brand? I'm currently using gor rilla in the flower room but it's like $135 more expensive than the other tent and I don't have much equipment or heat issues anyway.

P. S. I will be updating with the veg room later. The seedlings are so cute!

Veg Room Update

As promised, here is the update in the veg room. I thought I would be transplanting a lot more plants today but that was also when I thought I'd make it to the store for more plant sauces. Blehh hopefully tomorrow or at least before my new tent arrives on Thursday! Thanks for the rec ColoradoKid. I think the tent will be a valuable contribution to my garden and practically pay for itself in no time. Anywho here are some pics to gaze at

Group shot: this will be easier when I have them consolidated nicely in the tent
420-magazine-mobile696369618.jpg

4 day old seedlings
420-magazine-mobile671967943.jpg

Some clones
420-magazine-mobile1386536756.jpg

Jah Kush - she's getting bushy!
420-magazine-mobile1453113714.jpg

BSR Re-Veg Clone - accidentally broke her second shoot while super cropping the other day. No worries because I cut again at 45° and dipped in root gel + fungal inoculate. Her clone seems to be keeping up nicely
420-magazine-mobile1251383932.jpg

These two got transplanted today because their roots were sticking out of the cup. I put them in coco loco with 1 tbsp pro mix granular mycorrhizae sprinkled around the root zone. They should probably be named soon as well.

420-magazine-mobile1464927855.jpg

420-magazine-mobile246757669.jpg

These plants are just begging to be transplanted but they'll have to wait for now. Hold on tight beauties, you're in for some fun!
420-magazine-mobile845094293.jpg

That's all for today! It's time to smoke one when my babe gets home soon :)

I've been letting my inner chef out today by making some cannabis goodies! . I started by decarbing all of my weed for 60 mins at 240°F. I had to do a few batches to get it toasted evenly.

In this pot, I have 1.5 cups coconut oil and ~20g (not including stems/branches) sweet leaf trim

420-magazine-mobile414779651.jpg

Here I have a glycerin tincture with about 8 g bud and 1.25 cups glycerin

420-magazine-mobile1327447570.jpg

I think I'll make some alcohol tincture with this stuff

420-magazine-mobile285335932.jpg

Have a great day everybody!

Hey there! We have the 4x4 from the manufacturer you speak of. It's a great tent! The only drawback is, we put a scrog in ours that was for 4 plants. It was hard to reach the back plants with the Scrog in the way. It's a good sturdy tent though.

I also was busy in the kitchen the past few days. I decarbed 2 gm of flowers in 8 T. Coconut oil for 36 hrs. Then made a mmj hand lotion with that, bees wax, and grape seed oil.

Also made some 10:1 Cco capsules that I finished today. 248 of those took a while to fill. Lol!!

I am digging this new tent so far! The only qualm I had was putting it together. I found it to be less intuitive and weirdly designed compared to the gorilla. I have been contemplating a Scrog but decided against for the same reasons. Maybe you guys can make it something worth trying though!

Mmm I wanna hang out in your kitchen today lol

I am digging this new tent so far! The only qualm I had was putting it together. I found it to be less intuitive and weirdly designed compared to the gorilla. I have been contemplating a Scrog but decided against for the same reasons. Maybe you guys can make it something worth trying though!

Mmm I wanna hang out in your kitchen today lol

Right now our 4x4 is being used for breeding. Then we will probably use it for a grafting project with several different mother plants.

I am more than happy to share these recipes. Just let me know what you would like. Or, come on over, there is a seat at the Florida ("island" on the counter we call it Florida cuz it's more of a Peninsula). Or you can jump in and help too. We work well as teams in our kitchen.

Oooh that should be a fun project! I would definitely be interested in learning how to do something like that in the future. For now I'm just trying to get my growing technique down. And yes I would love any recipes you can share!

Back
Top Bottom