Pre-Med's 1st Grow - DWC - Multi-Strain Journal - Spring 2016

Quick updates!

The ladies in the flower tent are entering day 50 of flowering! They're getting so close to harvest and smelling beautifully :) I refilled their buckets and reset pH to 5.9 in each.

The ladies in the veg room are growing strong and received a nute feed last night. I used 3/4 tsp/gal G/M/B, 3/4 tsp/gal CaliMagic and 1/2 tsp/gal ArmorSi - pH 6.0.

I will post photo updates tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Veg Room Updates - June 25 ~50 days

They've been undergoing a bit of super cropping lately to at least maintain same height in each main. This has really caused a surge in lower growth and developed some nice knuckles at the bend side. I wish I took measurements of stalk diameter because it also seems to have gotten thicker. I'm hoping to take clones from the lower growth soon.

420-magazine-mobile1757539881.jpg

420-magazine-mobile179010038.jpg

420-magazine-mobile716089013.jpg

420-magazine-mobile26076088.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1906248789.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1494185086.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1158674092.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1844917497.jpg

Jah Kush - 40 days - 9 since topped
420-magazine-mobile281703416.jpg

Clones - 5 days
420-magazine-mobile2041191279.jpg

If you look closely, there's a clone that sadly looks dead already. Most are hanging on or not wilting at all so let's hope they stick around! I also placed a seed for germination using the paper towel method last night. The strain is unknown because I got it while smoking a bowl with a friend who didn't even notice the seed was packed in there lol

Haven't posted an update in a while and now I'm going to post quite a long one. Please bare with me, this should be good! :)

Flower Room - 61 days since flip

I bought a 60x loupe and to be quite honest, it sucks a**. I can't really see if the trichs are clear or cloudy or Amber so I need some recommendations on a scope.

Group Shot
420-magazine-mobile1776363301.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1540800857.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1393026141.jpg

420-magazine-mobile327996873.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1333787628.jpg

420-magazine-mobile437202579.jpg

420-magazine-mobile394078039.jpg

3 ladies are being flushed with water and 1.5tsp/gal Vegan Special Sauce pH ~5.9

3 ladies are being flushed with water only pH~5.9

8 days since flip for these two ladies

420-magazine-mobile222347503.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1723065435.jpg

Nutes are same as plants in veg room. I need to transition to bloom nutes since pre flowers are beginning to pop up all over

-----------------------------------------------

Veg Room

There are a lot of things happening over here! We've got 6 plants undergoing super cropping and LST. They've also produced about 18 clones for me this far. There's 8 scattered around the 6 main plants and they're about 10 days old (born 6/25). Then there's another 10 in the clone chamber. Two are from the Jah Kush seed and will go into the flower tent on Friday since they will be a week old. I want to make sure this plant is female y'all! I'm also testing out 4 clones using the cloning gel + pro mix pur powder--a mycorrhizae root inoculate. Apparently the mycorrhizae will form a symbiotic relationship with the roots and help supply nutrients and defend pathogens.

420-magazine-mobile1393875838.jpg

420-magazine-mobile240777329.jpg

420-magazine-mobile782695817.jpg

420-magazine-mobile712623027.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1672749706.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1140992294.jpg

420-magazine-mobile318975368.jpg

420-magazine-mobile629680050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile364140125.jpg

Nute Schedule

3/4 tsp/gal FloraSeries G/M/B

3/4 tsp/gal FloraBlend

3/4 tsp/gal CaliMagic

1/2 tsp/gal ArmorSi

pH ~6.0

-----------------------------------------------

My grandpa/investment partner graciously offered to purchase some seeds on the 4th (must have smoked some good shit haha) so we can really stock our medicine cabinet! We got 7 Colombian Gold Feminised, 5 Acapulco Gold Feminised, 3 CBD Critical Cure Fem. I ordered from our sponsor, Seedsman and they gave me 9 free seeds with my order. I know 5 are white widow fem, and the rest are blueberry Kush auto fem , LSD fem, and amnesia auto. I'm very excited to get these started! I will probably let him handle the autos since he has enough space for them in his outdoor garden and doesn't care for cloning or training plants.

Good evening premed! Sorry I haven't been around lately. But to start off with your scope problem. We have a 420 scope and love it. It is adjustable from 60-100x and has a focus knob and light.

I haven't looked through your recent posts and will in the morning. But it appears you you defoliate quite a bit. Yes defoliating is necessary but unless it is blocking lower sites I tend to leave it. Have to remember leaves hold nutrients and food for them. Just my 2 cents on that.

For your DWC you say you are flushing. From what I know you really don't have to flush hydro. The last 48 hours before harvest is all you need so I am assuming the chop is coming this weekend?

I'll make a better attempt and making the rounds, have been slacking lately. Take it easy bud. :passitleft: :thumb:

Hi Nis,

Thank you for stopping by and putting in your 2 cents!

I am going to look into that 420 lens since mine has not been doing well. Yeah I will admit I got carried away with defoliation but I've definitely been more strict on which leaves to cut on my 2nd batch lol.

I started the flush because I'm not really sure where the plants are in their cycle but by my calculations and the estimates from the clone bar I picked them up from, they should be done by the end of this weekend or so. I don't mind flushing early if not since this batch has been especially hard in general. I think the special sauce, a microbial tea, has a low dose of NPK so that will hopefully assist in any deficiency and is supposed to help the plant restore itself to a healthy condition.

Again, thanks for joining me in my garden!

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by our journal. I'm glad to see you have a boat load of free seeds to grow. That's always a great score! Is your reveg growing leaves upside down? That's pretty cool!! Good to see you around again!! :passitleft:

Anytime! You guys have one of the best gardens out there :)

I think it will be a lot of fun to see the autos in action since I've never experience that. The reveg is just a little stinker isn't she haha? I noticed that she has some normal looking nodes growing from a now protruding lower shoot. I'm hoping she will start building normal nodes from the main stalk soon enough.

Thanks for coming over!

What an update lol, nice to see you back! Plants looking nice as well, that re veg is looking very bushy too! I did a re veg for my buddy and I thought it was so cool watching a plant go from nothing but a stem with a tiny bud back to growing leaves. These plants continue to amaze me everyday, it's crazy what nature can do that's forsure.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm not sure how long to keep the lower branches on the re-veg but I'm guessing I should wait until she starts growing normally above lol. It really is amazing to see a living organism growing right in front of us and enduring all of the stress we put on them so they can be magnificent ladies. I'm contemplating re-vegging two of the plants that are about to be harvested. They were a bit of a dud this cycle and I'm not sure if that has to do with my noob-ness or if their genetics were poor.

Hey premed! Just found your journal and read through your recent journey -- you got a lot going on, wow! I'm subbed 'cause I want to see how your first harvest ends up and what the second and third gen of all your clones are going to look like. I don't have the room for a separate veg and flower area, so I can only do things sequentially! Great setup you've got going!!! All the best vibes from half way around the globe!

Anytime! You guys have one of the best gardens out there :)

I think it will be a lot of fun to see the autos in action since I've never experience that. The reveg is just a little stinker isn't she haha? I noticed that she has some normal looking nodes growing from a now protruding lower shoot. I'm hoping she will start building normal nodes from the main stalk soon enough.

Thanks for coming over!

We also have a reveg in the garden. She's a purple kush Clone we tookthe day we harvested. She's a grower!! I have a feeling she's going to be a monster. She will be vegging until we have room in flower. That will be at least a month. It's so fun watching the girls blossom into ladies!!

I don't know if I've given.you these charts yet, but I think you should have a look at them and compare them to your plants. It appears you have some sort of deficiency, maybe even mites. Please Compare these to your plants and if you have questions, please ask us. We are here to help, and we want everyone to succeed.

1aa6ac76169962ac7937c1944c49ed33.jpg

b9eb0f1f2dd619adf77e0c39b3955504.jpg

30290efff94eff9c94d3bc77efc4a48a.jpg

I hope these help, and like I said, please come to one of us, we will help you get it squared away. Have a great day bud!

Morning Pre Med. You have large setup going on. Some dried leaf set on bottom of plant look to be bug damage but pix are not clear enough for me to be sure. Here is what you should look for on leafs. You might need to zoom in to see white spots (stippling)

6423c994b0e9ca7aad85194348220e46.jpg

d4515920bf03ca65aecf1d1fdbf80513.jpg

After leaf is toast it will dry out and look like a few sets I see in your pix. It's hard to keep something going smooth for 100 days with out any issues. Moreover, you are rocking a large grow. Successful growers express OCD like symptoms because the girls take ALL YOUR TIME, all the time. Turn your back on your tent for a few days and you do not know what you'll find when you come back. Over watered, too hot, wrong nutes, or not noticing changes in plant health carries unfavorable consequence to your yield. Unsuccessful grows turn people off to growing because they can't isolat a root cause of their failure.

You will harvest your current grow and kill it with your clone's but it's a bit if work. Canna and her husband do this all day long and are quite successful as are lots of people here. We also take pride when we see new growers turn it around and kill it.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hi all,

I really appreciate all of the valuable information that has been contributed just recently. I assume everybody is discussing plants in the flower room as having some problems, correct? I've been struggling with various issues this entire run it seems like. One minute RH is too high, then it's too low, then there's a nute/pH problem, etc. Kinda just waiting for this first harvest to be over and done with so I can wipe my hands clean and pay all my attention to the babies. From what I gather, I believe I was running into a nitrogen/sulfur deficiency and I've also been combating WPM.

Hey premed! Just found your journal and read through your recent journey -- you got a lot going on, wow! I'm subbed 'cause I want to see how your first harvest ends up and what the second and third gen of all your clones are going to look like. I don't have the room for a separate veg and flower area, so I can only do things sequentially! Great setup you've got going!!! All the best vibes from half way around the globe!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my garden! We're starting to get really busy in here. I didn't think I had enough room for two areas either but I re-purposed some parts of the house and voila!

Glad you could join us across the pond :welcome:

Hey Premed - that 60x scope - ebay for @$10 ?
"What an extremely difficult to use piece of crap" is what i thought about mine until i spent a bit of time with it. It does take a bit to "dial" it in but i find it works great with a little practice. Looking great bud - a little less defoliation next time perhaps :thumb:

Lol I got so fed up with it I decided to purchase the 420 scope from the retailer with 2-day shipping lol. should be here on sunday it's got 60x-100x mag so I can really see them up close and personal!

Back
Top Bottom