Pre-Med's 1st Grow - DWC - Multi-Strain Journal - Spring 2016

Good morning! It's transplant time for this lady.

420-magazine-mobile470690787.jpg

She'll be getting a temporary bigger home and receive a dose of fungal inoculant to stimulate a symbiotic relationship between the roots and fungi. This should help the roots grow bigger, better, stronger and absorb water and nutrients more efficiently.

420-magazine-mobile2047924074.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1436426095.jpg

Ta-da! Welcome home young lady :)

420-magazine-mobile1370131614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's training day in the veg room! I tried to capture at least 2 angles for each plant so you hopefully get a better view of how they're looking. I think this bunch looks better than my 1st run already.

420-magazine-mobile468919766.jpg

420-magazine-mobile866196910.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1243262875.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1833583410.jpg

420-magazine-mobile568179706.jpg

420-magazine-mobile744896572.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1663468607.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1104315649.jpg

Jah Kush

420-magazine-mobile1053211321.jpg

Re-Veg Clone: she got a clean up yesterday. All of the undergrowth was mismatched and weird. It also seems that she topped herself lol. She produced two main branches all on her own

420-magazine-mobile712294170.jpg

Clone Chamber: most are a week old so they should be developing roots nicely by now!

420-magazine-mobile878300270.jpg

Harvest Questions?

I think it's finally time for the chop on my first batch of ladies. I was wondering what tips everybody has for pre-harvest? I've heard people put them in the dark, give ice water, reduce humidity, etc but I'm not sure what's bs and what is helpful. Thanks!

Harvest Questions?

I think it's finally time for the chop on my first batch of ladies. I was wondering what tips everybody has for pre-harvest? I've heard people put them in the dark, give ice water, reduce humidity, etc but I'm not sure what's bs and what is helpful. Thanks!

What we like to do is 48 hours before harvest we pluck off every fan leaf that you can see the base of. I mean everything other than sugar leaves. Then we put them in darkness for 48 hours. Doing this they get super frosty and resin up quite a bit. I don't know if that's what it is supposed to do but that's what ours do.

Since you got your 420 scope, what do the trichomes look like? I assume mostly cloudy with some amber heads? Out of curiosity, how close did they come to the breeders suggested flowering times?

Your new girls are looking good as well and best of luck on the clones as they look healthy. :thumb:

Since I'm doing DWC should I empty out some of the res to dry them out during the dark period? And yes, they've got a nice mixture of cloudy/amber going on! The 420 scope is awesome, thanks for the recommendation :thanks: I stopped by the clone bar the other day to pick up some bud and he told me they usually take about 60 days. Today is 66 days since flip so they are pretty much right on schedule.

Since I'm doing DWC should I empty out some of the res to dry them out during the dark period? And yes, they've got a nice mixture of cloudy/amber going on! The 420 scope is awesome, thanks for the recommendation :thanks: I stopped by the clone bar the other day to pick up some bud and he told me they usually take about 60 days. Today is 66 days since flip so they are pretty much right on schedule.
Right on bud! I have no idea about the DWC question since our first and only dwc is still in veg. What I would think is I would use the last 48 hours in dark as the flush period. You have been flushing for a week or so, so I don't know. I'll follow along and hope someone can answer that has more experience in that. :thumb:

After 48 hours of darkness, Esme Serafina and Ariadne were ready for harvest. I washed them using the 3 bucket method. 1st bucket filled with 1 c lemon juice 1 c baking soda 2&3 buckets filled with plain water.

A pic of Esme
420-magazine-mobile935767671.jpg

The other two were not so great and didn't even get pics taken of lol. I'm glad I still have Lolita to harvest. She sure looks good!

420-magazine-mobile1282011318.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1776334211.jpg

Two weeks from flip and they're taking off

420-magazine-mobile1767822556.jpg

420-magazine-mobile538583205.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1743450741.jpg

In other news, the Jah Kush clones are doing well in 12/12 but they still haven't shown their sex.

420-magazine-mobile1351311341.jpg

I really hope this is a female because the main plant looks so beautiful in the veg room so let's take a look in there.

420-magazine-mobile390050926.jpg

It was too hard to get a pic of everything so here's a pic of the plants hiding in the corner

420-magazine-mobile1984425693.jpg

I also want to thank Canna for helping me germinate my seeds using aloe and h2o2. I was only able to get my hands on the peroxide but it worked nonetheless. I actually read a research report on the effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide on pea germination---> in summary, it's scientifically proven to aid with germination!

I germinated 2 Blueberry Kush Autos for my grandpa who also planted 3 of my clones last week and has been taking care of 4 Jah Kush plants since May. I germinated the following for my grows: 1 LSD Fem, 1 Acapulco Gold Fem, 1 Colombian Gold Fem, 1 White Widow Fem, and 2 CBD Critical Cure all of which sprouted within 36 hours and were planted last night. Today they are already reaching for the light and displaying their cotyledons.

That's all folks! Hope you enjoyed this update

I also want to thank Canna for helping me germinate my seeds using aloe and h2o2. I was only able to get my hands on the peroxide but it worked nonetheless. I actually read a research report on the effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide on pea germination---> in summary, it's scientifically proven to aid with germination!
I may have missed an explanation of this, but could you give me a quick run down or point me somewhere for more info? I am suddenly having a really bad time germinating seeds.

Also, why did you decide to wash after harvest? I thought that was an outdoor grow kinda thing?

Most importantly, CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST HARVEST!!!! :slide:

I was also wondering if I should continue logging my current/future grows in this journal or wrap it up after this 1st harvest and start another journal? Thoughts? :smokin:
I personally would prefer a new journal as really long journals get cumbersome quickly IMO. I also think a new person is more likely to try and follow your journal if its smaller. No one wants to try and jump in on page 126 of a journal. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom