Psst, Hey guys

I was randomly telling a new friend about my ol' grow journal here on 420 magazine, and honestly it brought a few tears to my eyes. This place was my home for many a long night for a good few years. Then, life took over and I dropped away. When you're a daily, heavily active poster, a few days away is enough to make you feel guilty for not being around, and compound that with my tendency to procrastinate, and I ended up just disappearing on everyone I met . I loved you all, and I'm sorry if I disappointed any of you that may still be around.

I'm going to go poke around, I probably will never again do a journal, especially not to the level of obsession I previously did. Covid killed many businesses, and although my garden lives on, it's very much smaller and more personal than it was back in the day.

Anyway, rambling. See you all around.

Newbie with a grow Journal of the month! I think we just had members of the month back in my day.

I'll have to review those links, been years since that sig was created. I think my journals are still there but the "help" links might be a bit dated now. :)

Tonight's harvest. A Canuk Cookies my ol' co-grower Jay popped at his place a few years ago and gave me clones of.

IMG_20230619_220644_01.jpg

IMG_20230619_222722_01.jpg

Next gen of the cookies on the left, first time in a 10 gallon fabric pot rather than our usual 5 like the cheeze auto on the right.

We always done 5 gallon pots, and it took us an embarrassing amount of time to think that we need to increase the size of the pot at some point if we want to veg them out larger before flip.

Nothing like the ol' days.

Your journals still there for sure. Skimmed one - lolz the timer and light - been there! Our first 3 grows (4th main one we’re used 5G - fabric fiest time. Airpots since. But we’re cramming 7 per 4x4 area in flower. Because, dunno!

But been doings stuff with solos recently trying to learn a little more.

What a lovely tub of bud! Is that a commercial kitchen cutlery wash tub, the grey one?

Nick

Oh man, that first grow... rollercoaster. I to this day say that if it wasn't for 420mag and Mr. ShiggityFlips, i'd have killed our first grow and given up I bet. Every success we had was thanks to the fine folks here and the hours and days of research I did.

Good eye on the wash tub. I tend to cut 'em off the stem a bit earlier and finish the early pre-cure in them instead, where I can monitor the speed of the dry a bit more than just hanging.

Those bins, sock/underwear/bra drying racks with dozens of clips, and a battery powered fluid transfer pump for a watering can changed my world.

Oh, and fabric pots. Will never go back to plastic.

the pic sucks, it's much more colorful and frosty than my camera phone showed.

Welcome home @arteekay :welcome: I'm sure alot of names may have changed but hopefully the vibes are the same! It would me nice if you managed to catch up with the siblings (members) you was close to here.
Nice to meet you bro, I'm going to have a nose at what you was up to in your prime here 2016..
A discussion we've been talking about recently is lighting and at a guess you would have been hids back then? If so did you make the change to led?
✌🏽

I was randomly telling a new friend about my ol' grow journal here on 420 magazine, and honestly it brought a few tears to my eyes. This place was my home for many a long night for a good few years. Then, life took over and I dropped away. When you're a daily, heavily active poster, a few days away is enough to make you feel guilty for not being around, and compound that with my tendency to procrastinate, and I ended up just disappearing on everyone I met . I loved you all, and I'm sorry if I disappointed any of you that may still be around.

I'm going to go poke around, I probably will never again do a journal, especially not to the level of obsession I previously did. Covid killed many businesses, and although my garden lives on, it's very much smaller and more personal than it was back in the day.

welcome back :welcome: :circle-of-love:

Newbie with a grow Journal of the month! I think we just had members of the month back in my day.

I'll have to review those links, been years since that sig was created. I think my journals are still there but the "help" links might be a bit dated now. :)

Tonight's harvest. A Canuk Cookies my ol' co-grower Jay popped at his place a few years ago and gave me clones of.

IMG_20230619_220644_01.jpg

IMG_20230619_222722_01.jpg

Next gen of the cookies on the left, first time in a 10 gallon fabric pot rather than our usual 5 like the cheeze auto on the right.

We always done 5 gallon pots, and it took us an embarrassing amount of time to think that we need to increase the size of the pot at some point if we want to veg them out larger before flip.

Nothing like the ol' days.
Welcome Back ! Bro, have you ever tried SIP's (Sub Irrigation Planters) ? A 5 gal. SIP Bucket will get you a pound or more every time.
I do it constantly with these buckets. It's a real game changer.
354.JPG

Welcome back to 420 Magazine @arteekay

Do you have any images you would like to share?
Are you currently growing anything?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome back old friend; it is very good to see you again!

So nice to see you again my friend. :ciao: :high-five:
Always good to have another grower prowling around. :thumb:
Hope everything goes well for you.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I stand corrected a old school blurple LED guy that was a suprise and come nice results 👌🏽

Yeah, I was terrified of HIDs burning my house down, so went straight to LEDs. There's no burple left these days, all full spectrum, but they got us started if nothing else.

Hey Artee, nice to see you back to touch base! Good to see you!

Thanks StoeOtter, appreciated. That's quite the list of awards in your profile. Congrats!!

Welcome back to 420 Magazine @arteekay

Do you have any images you would like to share?
Are you currently growing anything?

... <snipped>

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Tokin Roll, great name! I've currently got a Canuk Cookies photo and a cheese auto. Legalization, and the pandemic, really killed the business side. :)

I've posted a couple pics elsewhere the other day, can't find 'em at the moment, but nothing worth digging to find. Personal only.

Welcome back. I love to see an active site like we have here. The more the merrier.

Thanks (we all want2fish i believe). it's incredible to have stepped away for like half a decade, and still see this site and its wonderful community still going strong. A real credit to all.

Welcome back old friend; it is very good to see you again!

Emilya! Amazing!!! It's great to see you still here and active. Any idea what happened with SweetSue? I see she's no longer around, and she practically lived here.

I've got a ton of catching up to do, but I'm committed to doing so.

Welcome back to the @420 Magazine family @arteekay CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome::party::theband::cheer: :circle-of-love::420:

Thanks cap. Much appreciated. It's great to see how much has changed around here, but it's still the exact same 420mag I knew and loved.

Welcome back to 420 Mag Artee :)

Thank you Carmen, I've got some big cleanup to do on my follow list, and I'll be sure to add you and all here. So many journals to catch up on.

So nice to see you again my friend. :ciao: :high-five:
Always good to have another grower prowling around. :thumb:
Hope everything goes well for you.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Hey Bill! How's everything? Anything new in the last 6 years or so? :) :)

Take care all, thanks for the warm re-welcome!

Welcome back! I totally get the guilt compounding feeling.. I’ve done it myself to multiple groups especially in my past life of video gaming.

The folks welcoming you back and calling you friend are some of the people I respect the most on this site so I am extremely intrigued to dig into your journals.

Yeah, I was terrified of HIDs burning my house down, so went straight to LEDs. There's no burple left these days, all full spectrum, but they got us started if nothing else.

Thanks StoeOtter, appreciated. That's quite the list of awards in your profile. Congrats!!

Tokin Roll, great name! I've currently got a Canuk Cookies photo and a cheese auto. Legalization, and the pandemic, really killed the business side. :)

I've posted a couple pics elsewhere the other day, can't find 'em at the moment, but nothing worth digging to find. Personal only.

Thanks (we all want2fish i believe). it's incredible to have stepped away for like half a decade, and still see this site and its wonderful community still going strong. A real credit to all.

Emilya! Amazing!!! It's great to see you still here and active. Any idea what happened with SweetSue? I see she's no longer around, and she practically lived here.

I've got a ton of catching up to do, but I'm committed to doing so.

Thanks cap. Much appreciated. It's great to see how much has changed around here, but it's still the exact same 420mag I knew and loved.

Thank you Carmen, I've got some big cleanup to do on my follow list, and I'll be sure to add you and all here. So many journals to catch up on.

Hey Bill! How's everything? Anything new in the last 6 years or so? :) :)

Take care all, thanks for the warm re-welcome!
Did you see this?
That happened. :oops:

Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom