Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

Bummer on the res. I've dumped a few.

Have you thought about just a few plants in soil. Small enough that they can be carried, rolled to a bathtub for flushing. No mess Watering is easy - the flush can be a pain.

Either way, looking forward to the finish of this one and nothing but good vibes flowing in hopes of more good smoke from your world.

:nicethread::peace::rollit:

Edit: Also, just a small correction on something said earlier:

When pH goes up in Hydro, it means there is LESS nutes. The plants are drinking more nutes than water. Nutes LOWER the pH.

disaster strikes again. today i dumped my entire res on my downstairs neighbor. i had to pull out all the carpeting except what was under the tent. i ruined their ceiling, a computer, and a bunch of her artwork. i feel terrible, they are good people.

my lame excuse was that i had a 55 gal fish tank break. i told them that the fish were dead and that there was no chance of a repeat since it was broken and i was going to toss it.

I have two weeks left before my target harvest date. I was thinking if pulling them tonight, but i have rethought it and have decided to finish them out properly.

Then I'm done growing until I have a better living situation. I am just too absent minded to be trusted with all of the water. . . I have spilled it too many times and am running out of excuses.

I have a friend who grows this strain, and he can hook me up with the same quality I have become accustomed too.

two weeks and this journal is done, and I am done. it's been educational. so glad to have met so many good people here. I'll still enjoy reading and chatting here, so i'll still stop in and chat, but i'm seriously done now.

What a shame Wheelo :smokin::smokin:
If your like me, I space allot of things too! But you are right in finishing up...it's been a long grow....would hate to chop early. don't know what else to say. Your poor neighbors below would like it I'm sure. When ya movin? :grinjoint:

damn,, that sucks... good thing your neighbors seem pretty cool though..

,,, so when you movin?

I'm sorry bro, and I know how bad you must feel about things, including the damage to your neighbor's things.

I agree with the other comments to just go lo-tech until your circumstances allow different.

I suggest passive hydro in hempy buckets. Simple as can be, yet you can experiment with them to your heart's delight ;).

you sound discouraged bro, and I understand, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water, maybe just change your game to better suit your circumstances

keep your chin up my friend, lots of peeps would miss you and your journals

If you later change your mind and decide to try again, you might consider a DWC with a reservoir that is wider/longer than it is tall - it's hard to knock them over, and as the roots grow directly into the reservoir, there are no pumps moving the solution out of it; and if it is set up at least a few inches above floor level (on a stable platform!), an 85-cent piece of hose being used as a good old-fashioned siphon device negates the need for a pump - or a potentially leaky valve - to drain it. Might not be a bad reason to try a run with fewer plants & longer vegetative times.

Man WOF - so sorry to hear about your rez.

I was going to suggest soil as well but Papa beat me to it.

condolences

thanks guys, your all great people and good friends.

I am discouraged for sure, mostly because my neighbors are really nice people and my mistakes cost them more than they cost me, and I feel like an asshole every time I have to apologize and make up a lie, which lately has been all too frequent.

You guys are probably right, i do love it, and a small garden may be in my future, but I am near the end of my biggest harvest ever, with my biggest light and biggest sq. footage. So, hopefully, I'll get at least a lb. if I don't fuck it up too much more. They aren't looking as good as I wish at the moment.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but i trimmed up the bottoms that were not showing good flowers and fucked up the canopy by removing some branches that were supporting the weight of colas. many have flopped over now and I can't get to them to stand them back up as pretty as before. this will hurt yield some.

my f'd up fans will hurt yield.

just gonna finish this out, and sit on it. no soup for beggars this round. sorry folks. I am up for a much needed vacation from this. I want to be able to have people over to my house again. I am gonna take it all down and put it away. then if I start again just do a couple plants like the old days. but that will be a long time off, or when I get my own house.

I have been looking to buy a house for a while now. This is a high priority for me and I hope to be able to buy one within a year or two from now. I think I have a nice job lined up soon with a very nice salary, so saving up for a cheap house in a working class neighborhood should be easy and quick, fix it up, buy another, rent it out, buy another, and another, then I never have to work again. lol, been a hypothetical plan of mine for years and years, but I have really been wanting to actually get the money and do it for the past year or two.

anyways, I'm starting to ramble.
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm sure you'll all get along fine without my high aspirations and disappointing finishes. And I'll still visit your journals to get my fix in. ;)

If I had a basement, I'd start back up in a heartbeat. In a millisecond, and probably get bigger and more sophisticated. I am trying, trust me, the housing market around here is one of the best if you can buy a handyman special and do the work yourself, which I most definitely can.

btw, a little more info,

the reason I dumped my res is because I turned up the pvc elbow on the aero to top off the res, and forgot to turn it back down again. then I left. so 15 min on 15 off, filled the tube, then dumped it on the floor every 15 minutes till it was empty. my neighbors called me and i rushed home just in time to do nothing. . . shop vac up my tent and the rug, got about 10 gal, the res still had 5 gal in it, and 5 was stuck in the aero tube, so I probably dumped about 30 gal on their office (the room under my grow room). I had to cut out the rug in that room everywhere but where the tent is, and the hardwood floors buckled, so I'll have to refinish them.

It wasn't the EnG at all, and i didn't break anything or knock anything over, just an airhead mistake one makes when working on another plane of consciousness. One I have made more than once now, and one I do not wish to repeat again.

Kind of like locking the barn door after your horse already ran off, but for the sake of future foals (and their downstairs neighbors), I've got two words:

Pond liner.

Hi Wheelo Your idea about fixer uppers is a good one. When I was younger, I did two of them and doubled my money on each. Nows the time to do it with prices low. You should do well! Do a few of them and you should have your house before you know it. :bravo:

I've seen houses go for $2000 or less. They needed a LOT of work and were in crappy neighborhoods. But occasionally you'd see five or more on one block for sale/auction at the same time so if you could invest the time and money into fixing them up and didn't mind the potentially long wait to find good tenants, you could end up with a reasonably decent "mini-neighborhood."

From some of the videos that I've seen, you could probably pick up half of Detroit in this way.

I'm sure that the other half would thank you. Things are kind of rough in spots there and other urban locations right now.

buy another, and another, then I never have to work again
Rrrinnng! "Hey, this Wheelo the landlord? Yeah, how you doing? Well, you got to get over here and do something with this toilet, it's f...........kd up!"

Yeah, and I was asked by all the tenants why none of them are allowed to peek into the basements? And what's that guy that backs the large van up to the basement doors every couple of months doing? When asked, he said he was delivering coal, but I thought all these houses heated with natural gas. I smell a skunk I mean a rat!

I have been looking to buy a house for a while now. This is a high priority for me and I hope to be able to buy one within a year or two from now. I think I have a nice job lined up soon with a very nice salary, so saving up for a cheap house in a working class neighborhood should be easy and quick, fix it up, buy another, rent it out, buy another, and another, then I never have to work again. lol, been a hypothetical plan of mine for years and years, but I have really been wanting to actually get the money and do it for the past year or two.

:goodluck: you have the skills and the market is pretty good.

my first house (well my current one is my first one..lol) is a 2-family..
man there were a few months of unemployment, that having tenants pay the bulk of my mortgage saved my a$$.. if money is tight, a duplex is helpful,, and living at the building makes it easier to keep tenants inline.. :)

Rrrinnng! "Hey, this Wheelo the landlord? Yeah, how you doing? Well, you got to get over here and do something with this toilet, it's f...........kd up!"

dealing with tenants is not that fun,, but you are handy, so should be ok,, (got to fix the tenants shower today..lol)

Yeah, and I was asked by all the tenants why none of them are allowed to peek into the basements? And what's that guy that backs the large van up to the basement doors every couple of months doing? When asked, he said he was delivering coal, but I thought all these houses heated with natural gas. I smell a skunk I mean a rat!

funny stuff :rofl:

I'll still hang around, growing has gotten into my blood, and I learn new stuff all the time from you guys.

right now I am growing tomatoes, cucumber, some assorted melons and some corn, and some strawberries. all outside in the ground under the sun. its so easy and fun, almost a no brainer, I wish we could grow pot that way. . .

yeah my mom owns a few apartments, which are carrying her since she lost her job due to health problems. I have been managing them for her since I was a teenager, so I have that aspect down pretty good, but three words PROPA, "property management company". If and when it becomes too much of a hassle to deal with tenants or if you own too many places to handle on your own, you can always hire a property management company that will keep you properties full, collect the rent, fix the problems, and send you a check every month after they take out their cut, usually around 15%. If you own the building outright (like I plan to, no mortgage) then it is still pretty profitable even after paying someone else to manage them for you.

I would however manage them myself, at least to start, because I can, and I would want the money or myself until i had a decent portfolio built up and money rolling in.

btw, sorry about the lack of pics lately, been working 6 days a week at my job trying to save money for a house, and then in my off time, I've been remodeling my moms bathroom for her. blew out a connecting wall to a small office, tore it all down to studs, even tore out the floor, did all the plumbing from scratch, all the electrical from scratch, and doubled the sized of her master bathroom. . . under the gun to get it finished because she has some guests coming to stay with her on july 2nd, and as of right now she has no toilet, bathtub, or shower. and we just got the floor down. . . but it should start flying from here as we are getting down to just laying tiles, and doing the finish work. hopefully I can get her shower installed and toilet and sink all by tomorrow. fortunately I have a good friend helping who is very handy, and will work for pizza, weed, and beer. lol.

btw tor, around here, you can buy a fixer-upper duplex in a neighborhood that is poor and semi-trashy, but not look over your shoulder dangerous for about 10 grand. something with a solid shell that you can gut to studs and redo the entire house for about another 10 grand. that's about 20 altogether, and you can rent each out for about $450-500 each. . . so if you can do it all without borrowing any money, it can generate a positive income stream in about 2 years.

btw, i'm too nervous to try it, but $20,000 around here is like 5 lbs of MJ. lol, talk about tempting. . . too bad I have such a black thumb. . . and no way of even dumping that much at one time without trying something super sketchy.

We were a couple of payments away from paying our house off, but all the foreclosures at low prices made it too tempting to not get back in debt, so we bought a second house about a block away from ours.

Being completely ignorant about tenant/landlord issues and management, we use a property management company to handle things. We rent the house for $1500 and their cut is $100.

I just don't have the time or knowledge to deal with it, and I'm glad we decided to go with that option. They handle everything, including very thoroughly screening prospective tenants, and make direct deposits into a bank account.

It's been completely transparent to us except for the bank deposits, and that's how I wanted it.

I did tell the management company to call me first with any tenant complaints because living a block away, I can walk over there and take care of quick easy stuff like the tripped breaker I flipped back on a week ago. I don't need them charging me to send someone out for stuff like that.

nice SS, very nice.

the old adage is so true that it takes money to make money. 1500 a month rent would mean a really nice place around here. so after your mortgage and p.m.c.'s cut and taxes and all the other things, do you have a nice profit? you can pm me or just not say if you don't want to.

I have a friend who owns 5 houses now, 2 singles 3 doubles. He bought each one for under 20 thou, and lives in one of the singles. Rents are between 600-750 a unit. very nice profit as long as they are full. he never has them all full though, so in his case i would probably do what you did and hire someone. he has a mortgage too, so that eats profits up big time. . .

I am going to try and save and work in cash as opposed to debt. I hate debt, and I hate the credit culture we are all but forced to live in. . . you load 16 tonnes, what do you get? another day older and deeper in debt, st. peter don't ya call me cause I can't come, I owe my soul to the company store.

I have avoided "square" type jobs in the past, and instead chose to stay in academia and just work part time jobs to pay the bills and live check to check. But i am tired of that, so if I can go get a job and make $50 grand or more, I would be able to save fast (if I lived the same lifestyle as I do now), and acquire places quickly. . . only downside is i might have to quit smoking for a while if I decide to do that.

Cost of living is high here, so 1500 a month only gets you an average 3-bedroom home in a decent, but not ritzy neighborhood.

We bought the second house primarily looking at it as retirement money after I quit working in about 10 years, so out of that 1500, only about 200 is monthly profit.

I hate debt also, and I was *really* excited about paying our house off and getting out of it. We were planning a big party when we made the last mortgage payment. I didn't like taking out another loan to buy the second house, but we felt that we had to strike while the iron was hot, and we got a really good deal on the house. It was priced low and didn't need much fixing up at all, so we went for it.

I only like to only spend what I got also, but a few years ago we had to burn through my retirement fund to stay afloat, so we went for it.

Ideally, I'd like to be out of debt, and grow, catch or shoot most of our food, but that's gonna have to wait a bit.

I like living in the moment and not worrying about the future, but there is a balance between that and being responsible, and I think we made the right decision.

Cost of living is high here, so 1500 a month only gets you an average 3-bedroom home in a decent, but not ritzy neighborhood.

We bought the second house primarily looking at it as retirement money after I quit working in about 10 years, so out of that 1500, only about 200 is monthly profit.

I hate debt also, and I was *really* excited about paying our house off and getting out of it. We were planning a big party when we made the last mortgage payment. I didn't like taking out another loan to buy the second house, but we felt that we had to strike while the iron was hot, and we got a really good deal on the house. It was priced low and didn't need much fixing up at all, so we went for it.

I only like to only spend what I got also, but a few years ago we had to burn through my retirement fund to stay afloat, so we went for it.

Ideally, I'd like to be out of debt, and grow, catch or shoot most of our food, but that's gonna have to wait a bit.

I like living in the moment and not worrying about the future, but there is a balance between that and being responsible, and I think we made the right decision.

Hi Sun Very, very wise move my friend.:bravo: Especially since you had to spend the retirement fund. Kind of wish I was back in cali sometimes.
I shop the restate business on line sometimes and I can't believe the low prices there.

If you are lucky, you might rent a not too good 1 bedroom condo here for $1500. Maybe! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom