Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

so SS, after all is said and done you are paying your management company about 1/3 of your monthly profit. For me, if I was small time and only had one or two places, I would want that extra money, and wouldn't mind doing the extra work. . . then again as long as the place is in the black, you're doing pretty good, and it would be nice to have someone else do all the ground work for a small piece of the pie.

but, I would have done the same thing as you if I was in your situation. . . and most rich people do the same thing. . . spend a thousand to make 1,200. Donald Trump never spends his own money, he just uses his enormous wealth to leverage borrowing power and gets investors and banks to lend him money to make even more money.

the reason I want to deal in cash is because if I bought a place outright and fixed it, even if I payed a management company, and after all the taxes and insurance and etc, a modest $20,000 investment in a duplex would net me 700-800 a month. . . then I figure i would need a few before I would be able to become a gentleman of leisure. lol.

after all is said and done you are paying your management company about 1/3 of your monthly profit.
I believe the profit in his deal comes at the end, when RE prices rise again. 2 or 3 hundred a month is not worth headaches nor the overhead debt assumption. To have a positive cash-flow property, and not an Alley-Gator deal is cool. ie: Berkshire-Hathaway don't pay dividends, but it is desired stock ;)

As PG points out, we went into this purchase looking at it as an investment in our *future* financial security, not as a way to generate profit quickly.

Actually, as long as the rent covers the mortgage payment, we're happy. We rented the house initially for 1650, but when our first tenant's lease was up and they moved, we had to drop it to 1500 to be competitive because the market had dropped a bit further.

Now that I think about it, our profit is only $175, because we hired our own gardener for the rental at $50 per month since we didn't like the work being done by the one provided by the management company. They charged an extra $25 for that service.

I wouldn't mind having that extra $100 a month, but at the moment, also as PG pointed out, it's just not worth it.

In any case, I'm not ready to retire and become a gentleman of leisure quite yet. I like what I do, I've been blessed with the ability to do it well, and I have a few more good years to contribute to society.

I wasn't always this nice ;)

As PG points out, we went into this purchase looking at it as an investment in our *future* financial security, not as a way to generate profit quickly.

Actually, as long as the rent covers the mortgage payment, we're happy. We rented the house initially for 1650, but when our first tenant's lease was up and they moved, we had to drop it to 1500 to be competitive because the market had dropped a bit further.

Now that I think about it, our profit is only $175, because we hired our own gardener for the rental at $50 per month since we didn't like the work being done by the one provided by the management company. They charged an extra $25 for that service.

I wouldn't mind having that extra $100 a month, but at the moment, also as PG pointed out, it's just not worth it.

In any case, I'm not ready to retire and become a gentleman of leisure quite yet. I like what I do, I've been blessed with the ability to do it well, and I have a few more good years to contribute to society.

I wasn't always this nice ;)

Your profit is actually $1675/month. You have to include your mortgage payments in there because that money isn't exactly going down a rathole - it's being "saved"...

Mortgage, in the early years, is interest. Payments; not investment.
Taxes and insurance are unambiguous costs.
The line defining asset from liability is dotted.
Banks are plush rat-holes. Credit can be a curse.

Mortgage, in the early years, is interest. Payments; not investment.

Can make extra payments monthly, bi-monthly, twice per year and specify that it is to be applied to the principal, can't you? But still... You're correct, lol.

Taxes and insurance are unambiguous costs.

In many locales, tax on rental property is significantly higher than tax on that which the owner resides.

The line defining asset from liability is dotted.

And hazy at times.

hey guys. . . my internet has been down for a few days. . . at a friends house right now, but gotta jet because it's a 4'th party. . .

been working my ass off on my moms bathroom remodel to, so i've been really tight on time.

everything is cool, finishing out this cycle and shutting down the op for a while. will take some harvest pics for sure.

Happy 4th everybody. Be Safe and Have Fun!

Please post the results and picts of the grow after you staighten all out with Mom's bathroom. I am very curious about 1g per watt and what u wound up with. I am growing now with 3400wts but am not exactly up for starting a journal unless I named it "Live from the Department of Corrections" as this grow has been quite costly replacing all the cops stole from me (I mean seized) yeah right!

Happy 4th of July Wheel and to all my 420Mag Family

Were a the damn pic's???????????????// Let me scroll back..... BRB

Sorry I sped read abit. Res problems and hydro discussed. Sorry you got or I hope had problems with the hydro. I'm new to hydro. But you can't go wrong with a waterfarm or ecogrower drip rings. I did afew trips with them. GH flora fert's, vitagrow ph fixer uppers. 6.5 -6.0 and its good to go with straight 3 part ferts. I use alittle sweeter called nectar also. Thats all. Change every week. That DWC stuff, I never got into yet, but they use a large res on alot of them. So they wood help with any PH drift you have. Alot of people get tooooo deep into. My little rockwool thing was nothing to even take a pic of, but. It grew fine, aside from afew burnt leaves, and a leggy ass plant, I call it a success. Smoke was ok seeing all the stress I put it thru, but the setup wasn't for me at this moment. In the future????????? Keep it green hope the Bathroom worked good............

I hope all is OK my friend and we all wish you a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY WEEK.
Nobody deserves it more than you my friend. I am always impressed with your journals, grows, and ability to articulate complex growing methods and information so that even I understand it.
+Rep
5 stars

Hi bro - looking great.

This is how I think of that:

pH goes up - they're drinking more nutes than water
pH goes down - they're drinking more water than nutes

ppm and pH go same direction - some kind of issue.

:peace:

EDIT: or if my pH plummets to 4 or shoots off the scale to 12 then I know I have soup in the res.

Thanks papa green I have been mind boggled on this a bit my self.new to hydro and of course over feeding and ph has been dropping but ppm is steady.been just adding more omni water.Was realy worried but see i am going in the right direction.Man there is sure some nice equipment on this thread.Nice.:peacetwo:

Hi Sun Very, very wise move my friend.:bravo: Especially since you had to spend the retirement fund. Kind of wish I was back in cali sometimes.
I shop the restate business on line sometimes and I can't believe the low prices there.

If you are lucky, you might rent a not too good 1 bedroom condo here for $1500. Maybe! :smokin:

Ow trust me its not low.Banks may make it sound like it is then they jack the interest rates up.And if you do find a good deal Ive seen them find excuses not to sell.Like if its by an airport they same some bs like they cant do it because of zome but what there realy doing is scamming on the price drop for homes to there benefit And holding on to the best ones for the market to go back up.Its bs 1500 will get you an ok rental in a subdivision.A condo well depends my cousin has condo in valejo and its twice that.:peacetwo:

gonna start the harvest this weekend. . . I'll take some pics while I do, but I have to go to a friends house to post right now so I don't know when I can get back on.

pics soon.

Hope you have a great harvest, bro!

Ow trust me its not low.Banks may make it sound like it is then they jack the interest rates up.And if you do find a good deal Ive seen them find excuses not to sell.Like if its by an airport they same some bs like they cant do it because of zome but what there realy doing is scamming on the price drop for homes to there benefit And holding on to the best ones for the market to go back up.Its bs 1500 will get you an ok rental in a subdivision.A condo well depends my cousin has condo in valejo and its twice that.:peacetwo:

Wow!:smokin: In Vallejo? I lived in Napa for years and Vallejo was a cheap area. No more! Yikes!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom