Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

Think I had a similar issue arise my side I just harvested. This does make sense. The only thing I can think of (for my setup) is more frequent res changes and not using any pH down to start with. When I do it this way it drifts up into mid sixes then comes down. The rate of this is all depending on size of the plants, temps, transpiration etc. I think Now that I've gone longer veg time, denser root systems larger plants in general a 10 day res swap needs to come back to 7 days and I need to make sure to keep topped off with fresh RO water or ppm could go to high. (Also helps cool it off a bit)

Good growing :)

thanks broski, i am on a 7 day res change now too. Unfortunately i think i have some root issues, although i haven't looked at them so i'm not sure what they look like, but i think i have some bad bacteria in there. . . my hydro guy tells me if you use beneficials and aren't immaculate clean then can turn to bad guys. i haven't tried to fact check that yet, but I am not immaculate. I like the idea of H2O2, but we'll see soon as I am going to run it in my res any time I am not running beneficials so that they cant turn on me if it's possible. next flush I am going to run 6 liters of 3% in 50 gal.

I am getting frustrated with myself and hydro. why can't I get healthy fan leaves past week 4 in flower? Maybe my root systems are too small to uptake fast enough to keep up and they cannibalize the fans for food? I'm applying the nutes wrong? It was happening in the wheel, it happens every time for me.

I wish someone wise could just say something simple to me that would instantly solve whatever it is I am doing wrong easy as pie, and i had all the right answers to all of my problems and my shit was green to the end. big fat fucking colas. stinky sticky icky gooey smelly skunky tasty fat donkey dick colas.

Do I have to grow for 10 years before I get good?

Not just you man. I'm still drying mine out, but I've been leaning towards your assessment for quite a bit. Shit just doesn't smell or taste like "normal" landrace bud.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sf.

your plants were beautiful though. it must be said too that mine was not sensi, so that would hurt potency. maybe yours will be stronger without the seeds. but yeah, I think my exact words were "smells like someone puked all over a dead skunk" or something like that. lol.

I've read that a lot about LR2. I've also read that the original LR was the better choice for a breeding parent. But IDK personally.

With your limited gene-pool it might not be a bad idea to do a straight-up seed run in which you crossed things every way that you could. It'd make for a jumbled set of seeds but you might end up liking the ultimate results of those seeds more. Probably wouldn't enjoy the actual business of picking seeds out of each and every bud you smoke though lol. But long-term... Yeah.

yeah, I used a hybrid for my parent and did that with the other hybrids. unfortunately lw pollen count meant low seed count. I am not using any lowryder genes directly though. only hybrids of hybrids now.

Ahh, brings me back to the old mexi-brick weed days, more seeds than stash. just gives me a headache now. . . I would do the work for the seeds, but only if feminized and of good stock.

Bah, you just break the bud up on some cardboard, tilt it a few degrees, and the seeds run right off.

No, I don't miss those days, but people are so spoiled now.

sinsewhata? lol

been there, done that. I think on it nostalgically, but it was a PITA at the time. lol. I didn't know shit back then.

wow i just had a flash back of the old days. good old cardboard.lol

Lol. me too.

Album covers worked in a pinch, but plain cardboard has the perfect coefficient of friction for the deed.

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on LR and LR2, but apparently demand is still high because the seed banks have trouble keeping stock.

Want another, "Oh man I'm old moment...."

What's an Album?
What's a cassette tape?
What's a eight-track cartridge?
What's a reel-to-reel?

Man how things change.

:bong:

Sf.

Was taking three generations of women to dinner one day last year (don't ask, lol) and said, "There's that joint."

I heard bits and pieces of, "That's not a prison," "There are too many bars in this town," and "Well stop and pick it up," at the same time.

Sorry cardboard??????????????? You do mean a shoebox lid and a ZigZag Pack??????? Am I the wrong age????????????????????????????????? 10$ LIDS?????

Guess I'm a senior citizen. 5 Finger Lid's 'RITE' ??????

BTW If ya still looking for a spray ??? Try Nitrozime ????????/ Just a thought.. It's a good 'Greener up' Stuff. So they say. GL

was taking three generations of women to dinner one day last year (don't ask, lol) and said, "there's that joint."

i heard bits and pieces of, "that's not a prison," "there are too many bars in this town," and "well stop and pick it up," at the same time.

:rofl:

A lid is an Oz so five fingers sounds right. But a 10$ lid was only available in the 60's and 70's at least that's what my dad told me. Hell I was born then they were 60$ in the 80's when I found this wonderful herb:thumb:

Till the 35$ Columbian gold called stickless Thai. LOL Hey Wheel, I did a trip with
LR-crossed-Moscow. Man stuff rocked. I remember 38" plants and 1 1/2 Oz's per. Some that LRer got me wanting to do a seed trip, but after the last disaster at my pad. Rouge pollen can be a Mfer. Alittle goes a long way, Ruined half my flowering room. But that's my stupid fault. I lost afew plants to it. Just doing a drive bye.

A lid is an Oz so five fingers sounds right. But a 10$ lid was only available in the 60's and 70's at least that's what my dad told me. Hell I was born then they were 60$ in the 80's when I found this wonderful herb:thumb:

Take my word for it......he told you the truth.......sure miss those days.
Now we spend a fortune just to grow it right!:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Take my word for it......he told you the truth.......sure miss those days.
Now we spend a fortune just to grow it right!:smokin::smokin::smokin:

I totally believed him. Hell he was one of the largest outdoor growers back then:)I wish I could find his old aerial photos;) The damn war on drugs has pushed everyone inside now. But all the crap that kills people or makes them rob and kill is available in any city on alot of corners what a success that is.

thanks broski, i am on a 7 day res change now too. Unfortunately i think i have some root issues, although i haven't looked at them so i'm not sure what they look like, but i think i have some bad bacteria in there. . . my hydro guy tells me if you use beneficials and aren't immaculate clean then can turn to bad guys. i haven't tried to fact check that yet, but I am not immaculate. I like the idea of H2O2, but we'll see soon as I am going to run it in my res any time I am not running beneficials so that they cant turn on me if it's possible. next flush I am going to run 6 liters of 3% in 50 gal.

I am getting frustrated with myself and hydro. why can't I get healthy fan leaves past week 4 in flower? Maybe my root systems are too small to uptake fast enough to keep up and they cannibalize the fans for food? I'm applying the nutes wrong? It was happening in the wheel, it happens every time for me.

I wish someone wise could just say something simple to me that would instantly solve whatever it is I am doing wrong easy as pie, and i had all the right answers to all of my problems and my shit was green to the end. big fat fucking colas. stinky sticky icky gooey smelly skunky tasty fat donkey dick colas.

Do I have to grow for 10 years before I get good?

Try different nutes and stick with the basic regimes. Stay away from most of the addititves until you have the basic set down like GH Flora series 2 part or Pure Blend Pro- Botnicaire... Good luck bro

Try different nutes and stick with the basic regimes. Stay away from most of the addititves until you have the basic set down like GH Flora series 2 part or Pure Blend Pro- Botnicaire... Good luck bro

thanks for the advice B.

I did flush with the 6 liters and then upped the nutes from 1.4 EC to about 1.7 EC. they look like they like it so far, but i have a lot of fan damage again. . . always happens about the same time (starts week 4 and gets worse week 5). I dunno, looks like deficiency to me but i feel a bit lost because i obviously don't know how to fix it.

I think I'll take your advice for my next run and go very basic. maybe the GH because it is so popular and I have never tried any GH base nutes yet. I am almost out of Connoisseur so its good timing to change. Those bottles lasted me a long long time, i wonder if they get stale?

Also I think I am going to be adding H2O2 regularly. And adding it to my flush. I always seem to have rot problems and I think it will help. Just one ime i would like to finish with a massive ball of pure white. . . I'm also using a 1.5% solution to rinse my mouth out after every time I smoke. That should reduce my chances of Mouth, heart, and lung disease some. Every bit helps B and when my mouth foams I know its working, lol.

I'll take some pics to show you the fans, I had to trim them up a bit and let some light penetrate to green.

A floiar application of greenstay at 5ml per gallon in the first 3-4 weeks of flower really helps the green carry into final half of bloom. I used it in soil with great results. Never really needed it with GWS but looks like BW may need so.

thanks for the advice B.

I did flush with the 6 liters and then upped the nutes from 1.4 EC to about 1.7 EC. they look like they like it so far, but i have a lot of fan damage again. . . always happens about the same time (starts week 4 and gets worse week 5). I dunno, looks like deficiency to me but i feel a bit lost because i obviously don't know how to fix it.

I think I'll take your advice for my next run and go very basic. maybe the GH because it is so popular and I have never tried any GH base nutes yet. I am almost out of Connoisseur so its good timing to change. Those bottles lasted me a long long time, i wonder if they get stale?

Also I think I am going to be adding H2O2 regularly. And adding it to my flush. I always seem to have rot problems and I think it will help. Just one ime i would like to finish with a massive ball of pure white. . . I'm also using a 1.5% solution to rinse my mouth out after every time I smoke. That should reduce my chances of Mouth, heart, and lung disease some. Every bit helps B and when my mouth foams I know its working, lol.

I'll take some pics to show you the fans, I had to trim them up a bit and let some light penetrate to green.

Keep an eye on my grow i just switched to GH Maxi Dry nutes. its real cost effective $13 for a 2.2lb bag and you only use 1tsp per gal max. no mixing 3 parts any more. the maxi at 1tsp per gal is the Lucas Formula. and you could do you whole grow with just the MaxiBloom. my plants so far are loving it mixed with H2O2 and silica. never had plants so happy. i will never grow without silica anymore. its truly amazing. its actually position all the leaves so it could take all the light. i seen a huge difference when i feed them it. no more tying up branches they will be fat and huge to support fat buds.

A floiar application of greenstay at 5ml per gallon in the first 3-4 weeks of flower really helps the green carry into final half of bloom. I used it in soil with great results. Never really needed it with GWS but looks like BW may need so.

Ive used that for a long time in fact i use to use the whole super natural brand line. word of advice stay away from super boost its shit and ive had really bad results from it, and so have many of my friends. bud blaster works great. one thing i dont like about their terra nutes is they dont put any cal, mag and all that good stuff. the terra veg dose great IMO nice 20-20-20 NPK. But to be honest ive had better results with GH then that brand. I still use Bud Blaster though and green stay is great also. ive only used it in the soil and not floiar

yeah, butch mentioned the greenstay to me earlier, im glad you both like it too. . . I will get some when I can afford it but I am guessing that I am too late for this harvest. I have to be careful about foliars in flower as it is usually 60-70% humid in that tent or more. I never have any mold problems, knock on wood, but I also don't want to tempt it. . . but if it could keep my fans green i think that would be a huge help for me to get bigger yields.

Back
Top Bottom