Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

Hey Radogast sorry i'm late :)

Plants are looking good,i'm subbed up and caught up :)

:peace: VG :peace:

I'm all caught up on yours - a mere entertaining read.
I'm hoping for a boring little journal with mothers and clones and bud at the end :)

Radogast

P.s. the girls bounced right back after their defoliate, looking like nothing much happened :)

Thanks Sweetleef :thanks::green_heart::Namaste:

I probably should have read some of this before I started cutting. Headed over there now :reading420magazine::yummy:

I just finished this article and great info. I use to just lst and tuck the leaves. My last grow I was so nervous to removing leaves, I was thinking that I would stress the plant out. Now after reading that great article I have now worries.

great set up! :thumb: welcome to 420, feel free to stop by my journal to see something different!

method, for a better yield,

great page 1 details, rado:high-five:
:thanks:

Sir Trichomes,

I've seen a few of your comments on Light Addicts epic fluxing "short tutorial" at least the first 76 pages.

This is my first grow with the bare minimum of education and planning. I was planning on zero intervention in shadow and foliage. After reading I like the concept of a single, nominally equal layer of branches feeding a single, nominally equal canopy of buds. Arriving at this conclusion after 5 nodes of growth, I recently decided to top them and try to grow a fan of branches for a somewhat even canopy of buds.

Last night I started calculating possible branch positions for each plant.

I have been doing a bend and release of each side branch of any length. When the branches start getting too resistant or I feel the roots are ready, I plan to move to 5 gallon contractor buckets and start writing them into position.

I don't like the idea of weaving plants into scrog trellis, but will do a scrog for canopy support of the branches are too weak.

Still flying by the seat of my pants here. ANY AND ALL POSITIVE SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.

For example: I purchased bio-bloom and bio-grow but have only fed twice with bio-grow.
I'd appreciate advice on what else to use. Especially for bud development and taste.

Co2 setup seems like an issue with my current airflow. I feel I would need to build another room to add CO2.
I'm running 440 cfm from out of the room through my lights and I deliberately left the room leaky.
By the time I sealed the room and added outside fresh air intake, I might as well frame up a new flowing room.

Harvest and cure.
I'm planning on picking a smaller bud and using the magicflight vaporizer to decide when to harvest. Repeat every 2-3 days until sure.
First trim and hang dry seems straightforward. Refrigerator cure in glass jars seems doable.

I don't have a clear picture of finger hash, or when the leaves are worth saving as "quality" shake.

Cloning: Can't I just snip, dip in rooting gel, and stick them in a jar on the windowsill?

Radogast! thanks for your reply! :welcome:

Glad to help, not sure where to start, here is my c02 share & a couple links to help with your clone question & ventilation question. I find it easier (for me) to help out members just like yourself, by asking you to post, your next question in my journal, thru the link below. I wish I could keep up w multiple journals, but I can't. Just jump into my thread and say someting related to what you read on the previous page, this way you can comment "I'm clueless" is a fine comment, THEN, ask ONE specific question, in my thread, at a time. This way you will get answers from myself & the many visitors that I get. I'll see you there very soon, I'll be awaiting a comment, then your question. give it a try! im not saying don't post here, you can do whatever you like here, i just cant come back here every day/hour to help. i am glad to help you, lets try it that way, u decide if this will get you more help. you'll meet great members, and they will come here , to your journal, when u build some rapport. just my 2 cents, good luck , hope to c u:high-five:

So what you need to do is to feed the CO2 only at the same time you water them, this is the best moment for absorption. Assuming they water themselves (timers and pumps) then set up the CO2 in the same fashion. If you water them manually the feed CO2 immediately after you're done watering and for a few minutes only (15-25 probably).

CAN you feed the CO2 continuously? yes of course, the plants will love it, but remember that the roots need oxygen so you cannot displace that much oxygen or it could be counterproductive. Also, there has to be an air exchange, ideally 4x the volume/hour. So you do NEED an exhaust and either an active or passive intake. Otherwise humidity is going to rise all the way.
I ran the tent for 1 night without the exhaust fan because I didn't have time to install it and humidity rose to 99%, there was condensation on all the walls and ceiling, luckily it was just the one night and after installation of the fan everything went back to where it should be.

If you feel that feeding CO2 continuously will be better and you'll have better yields (I don't use CO2 so I wouldn't know) then don't waste it by running the exhaust at the same time. use timers to alternate their operation, i.e. fan for one hour, CO2 for one hour, fan for one hour, so on and so forth.

Hope this helps,

Good luck and happy growing!!

click for clones

click for ventilation

:circle-of-love: stop by soon! i'll be there:thumb:

Day 34 since seeds sprouted. The taller plants have green & yellow leaves.

20140422_222313-1.jpg

At 34 days and 12 inches tall, Rhiannon and the other 4 taller girls all show a similar pattern of leaf yellowing on the larger fan leaves.

20140422_222326-1.jpg

Coast shows similar leaf color.

20140422_222332-1.jpg

The canopy of the taller girls was about 12" inches below the 600w hps, so I raised the light 4 inches.

Around 14 days I gave my first nutes and the fan leaves immediately yellowed.
At 26 days I gave second nutes, lower fan leaves were yellowed and removed.
Now at 34 days, I am seeing this yellow fringe on most of the fan leaves.

The two shorter girls, at 9 inches instead of 12 inches are full green.
I raised the light 4 inches but I suspect this is more an issue they they bigger plants are hungry for nutes.
Unless someone has a better idea, I will water with nutes tomorrow.

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::circle-of-love:

Finally caught up with your journal. Those ladies look great! The last pic looks like a nitro deficiency. Don't quote me, but from what I have learned and seen, thats what is looks like.

Or maybe chlorosis. Here are a few pics of struggling plants.
chlorosis-marijuana-nutrient_deficiencies.jpg
Weed-nitrogen-deficiency.jpg

Hey Rado,

What kind of nutes and what ratio are you using? Let's start to narrow this down.

:Namaste:

I have used Biobizz Bio-Grow twice.
Once at 2/3 strength (.7 ml per liter) at 21 days. Girls were not pleased, all fan leaves went full yellow.
Watered with water then
Once at full strength around 28 days-same day as repotting. Therehis they liked better.
Watered with water.
Now at 33 days.

I have Biobizz Bio-bloom on the shelf and was planning to do both this round.

Have you checked the pH & run off? Before adding anything, rule out Lockout. If Lockout is confirmed, do a straight water flush & let the plant dry out. If there is no Lockout, I would feed just with your Veg Nutes & follow the recommended dosage & monitor closely.

:peace:

When i started with my nutes i went in with a way low dosage 1ml per L the reccomended dose was 7ml per L,and didn't start feeding till about 3 or 4 weeks into veg,i built it up,i didn't even reach max veg nutes,when i started with the bloom nutes i went right in at max strength and they seem to love it ! the way i see it it's much easier to add more nutes than it is to take them out just saying :)

:peace: VG :peace:

I also started mine with 1/4 of the recommended levels. Seams like they are doing fine. No burns, and the roots are white. Like you said Virgingrower. Its a lot easier to add nutes then take them away.

Back
Top Bottom