Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

Thanks for the tip Cannabis1,

I was just just over at your grow room setup and noticed is skipped ahead a few pages and missed all the drama with your lights and fans a couple of weeks back. Sorry I wasn't the there to offer you support.

You have a mighty ambitious setup with hydro and co2 but I am convinced you still be able to get out all dialed in during veg. If not VEG LONGER- ha.
you've got the space to grow some wide and wonderfull weeds.

Thanks for the tip Cannabis1,

I was just just over at your grow room setup and noticed is skipped ahead a few pages and missed all the drama with your lights and fans a couple of weeks back. Sorry I wasn't the there to offer you support.

You have a mighty ambitious setup with hydro and co2 but I am convinced you still be able to get out all dialed in during veg. If not VEG LONGER- ha.
you've got the space to grow some wide and wonderfull weeds.

I figured if im going to grow some buds, I might as well try and get that atmosphere supercharged! I have pretty much got evereything dialed in now. Just need my CO2 controller to regulate the ppm. Then all I have to worry about is this feedback into the cable lines. RRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH..... Just when I got comfortable.....i get a huge scare. But i guess better now then when the ladies are huge and I can't move them!

Yeah, Be careful & please don't call the Cable Company, they may not take to kindly of your setup messing up their Cable!

:thumb:

They showed up at my house on monday. Said they were getting feedback into the lines and they traced it back to my house. He did some reading around the yard and said it was definitely inside the house. a technician will be sent to check all our cable lines. Go to my thread for the full story.

Welcome Light Addict.

Your magnificent thread on fluxing hasn't fully taken hold - but it did convince me to top (and accidentally fim some of) the future mothers of medicine. I'm hoping to get a nice goblet shape and some good sized happy buds in what would otherwise have been small cola plus popcorn, quick to flower little plants.

Thanks for the inspiration. I know you've inspired many others here at 420 magazine.

Denise and I spent some quality time with 14 gauge electrical wire I stripped from Romex cable.
I pushed her and tugged her and bent wires around.

I was exploring the idea of training branches into an imaginary disk midway up the trunk.

Preliminary conclusions (an oxymoron, I know)
I think the 14 gauge is adequate to hold branches down but too light to hold them up if needed.
I'm going to try 12 gauge and see how that compares.

This is too much trouble to do before the final pot size.

I need to attach the bottoms of the wires more firmly to the pot.

Next step:
I punched holes about 1 inch apart around the rim of a 5 gallon utility bucket. I'm going to wire those up with 12 and 14 gauge and bend them into various positions. If all goes well, I'll pick another girl and spread her limbs in a 5 gallon bucket.

20140425_002133-1.jpg

Radogast

I have an idea for ya. You should get another potting container that is the same size as above. Put your wire with one end on the plant, run the wire between the bottoms of the containers, and up the other side to either another branch or just attach it to the pot. I think that makes sense

Hey Radogast, I'm subbed and all caught up. I'm ready for the fireworks to begin, oooooh, aaaaaaah. You're looking good. You should be pleased with the results you'll get with lst and tying. I'm going to sit over here in the corner and just watch for awhile and see what I can learn. Happy growing my friend.

Repotting Day

Repotting from 1/2 Gallon to 5 Gallon Pots.
20140427_145456-1.jpg
20140427_151841-1.jpg

Drilled Drain Holes - Worked pretty good

I could not find potting soil since Dr. Earth (pet store was closed) and local hydroponics mix (store was closed) not available.
lowers sold garden variety Pro-Mix & local hardware store sold Happy Frog Bat Guano($5 Coupon)

20140427_144235-1.jpg
20140427_143020-1.jpg

Good roots for Repotting " on the smallest plant
20140427_142322-1.jpg

Potting in. Bigger pot

20140427_142226-1.jpg
20140427_180802-1.jpg

Not saying these are the best choices.

I am proud of my drain holes, they work well. Keep in the soil :)

Hey radogast!

Looking good and clean. I wish I could be some help with those yellow leaves. That happened to me in soil as well and I never got it right. With my past two grows being DWC I didn't have those issues. Did you figure out what happened and correct it? It looks the the new growth is nice and green.

If you find that the drain holes are not sufficient you could always pull out a small drill bit and put a couple more holes on the bottom. But those buckets work out just fine.

Hey radogast!

Looking good and clean. I wish I could be some help with those yellow leaves. That happened to me in soil as well and I never got it right. With my past two grows being DWC I didn't have those issues. Did you figure out what happened and correct it? It looks the the new growth is nice and green.

If you find that the drain holes are not sufficient you could always pull out a small drill bit and put a couple more holes on the bottom. But those buckets work out just fine.

The leaves are less yellow than 4 days ago. I thought I was in 1 gallon pots but they were only 1/2 gallon pots still there may have been some partway root bound effects.

Another thing is that I started nutes to soon. I waited three weeks from seed, but I think 1-2 weeks after true veg is better.
Currently at 16 days Veg, 39 total.

Hey radogast!

The way I drilled them, they are bendable. I can easily change them to 3/4 holes with my thumbs. If the water finds the bottom of the bucket, they will drain :)

Hey Radogast, The pic you showed when repotting was definitely root bound, I thought that might have been at least part of your drooping & yellowing issue. They should be much happier now in the roomy new Condos. Keep it Green my friend.

Hey Radogast, The pic you showed when repotting was definitely root bound, I thought that might have been at least part of your drooping & yellowing issue. They should be much happier now in the roomy new Condos. Keep it Green my friend.

Thanks Shadowman:Namaste:

I haven't done any vegetable gardening for 25 years, and never did indoor gardening. My previous experience with repotting has been mostly from a nursery pot to the ground.

I'm going to let them veg for awhile. I'm still indecisive about a scrog or training or just leave them mostly alone.

Looking to take clones in 10-14 days.

Back
Top Bottom