Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

excellent test, i have run a few and i find a few things evident, glr rocks!, as does using mh or t5 for up to 3 weeks into flower, uvb adds punch to your thc power,however i find my t5 4x2 6 bulb to be the best veg light i have ever tried i tried about everything minus led and those inversion? things that new sponsor sells, its just another form of flouro, so??idk and plasma big $$, so for the most part i can concur on your findings, yes anecdotal perhaps but compelling non the less:thumb::goodjob:

Thank you for the reps BID. I think the main test is using the HPS from the start for the first 2 weeks has been the key test that I have and will continue to run. I am seeing way better response from the plants, quicker germination of seeds and clones seem to root faster.

After chopping the Male he has been disposed of this morning and after letting him die a slow death on the cookie sheet I was able to harvest double the pollen I was getting before the chop. It is a lovely neon yellow and there will be plenty. :)

All the buds on the pregger plants are swelling nicely with seeds and it is extremely evident that the GDP male did not go to waste and the legacy will live on. The girls in veg are doing wonderful as is the exile. I also am pretty sure that the clones I took on Thanksgiving have rooted as they have started a slight yellowing but new growth is coming in nice and green and has improved over the last 2 days. So as I sit right now I have 2 pregnant ladies 2 girls vegging with the unknown sex of the exile and 2 clones going, so 7 plants doing there thing.

Thank you for the reps Fr3d.

Update of the garden time..... All plants are looking great. Tomorrow night or Saturday morning all will be getting fed. Also I will be transplanting the vegging ladies into 3 gal pots in the next week or 2. I will also probably slow down on the pictures and only do updates once a week.

Around the middle of January is when I will be starting my next GDP journal. This time with some ladies in it. :) This grow should be smoke report ready around the end of January. The seed count should be ready about the middle of January. So that is the current news over here.

Sounds great Tactical!

Update of the garden time..... All plants are looking great. Tomorrow night or Saturday morning all will be getting fed. Also I will be transplanting the vegging ladies into 3 gal pots in the next week or 2. I will also probably slow down on the pictures and only do updates once a week.

Around the middle of January is when I will be starting my next GDP journal. This time with some ladies in it. :) This grow should be smoke report ready around the end of January. The seed count should be ready about the middle of January. So that is the current news over here.

Souds good to me. Great timing with everything you have going on. Im looking forward to the updates on the pregnant ladies. Hope they give you plenty of seeds and great genetics. Dont forget to keep extra pollen to back cross for the full GDP strain to take place in the genetics of the F2.

Souds good to me. Great timing with everything you have going on. Im looking forward to the updates on the pregnant ladies. Hope they give you plenty of seeds and great genetics. Dont forget to keep extra pollen to back cross for the full GDP strain to take place in the genetics of the F2.

Yeah all that genetics stuff has me confused as I have spent no time researching it.I am just doing a one time cross. Then I will just pollinate one of the GDP girls branch and make more seeds. :) I am thinking that I will not have to buy GDP for quite some time as I am going to be a seed factory on my own. I will also make some feminized seeds as well at some point in the near future. I am looking forward to starting some of the crosses on the next grow just to see what I have. It could be excellent smoke or a dud but that is all in the fun of this new hobby. I did decide however to purchase some more of the Royal Haze that I grew last time as it was a nice grow/smoke and I think I will be able to control the stretch better this time around.

Yea ive been reading and reading with smoke breaks and more reading. lol. F2 is where you want it to be unless you want more GDP then anything else. Or you want to balance out the second parent with the GDP which will go on to F3. Then you pick your females out that you see all the genetics you like and use CS to give you your S1 which is all female seeds.

It seems complicated until you just look at as having kids lmao!!!

I think I am more confused..... lol

OK LOL.

You take GDP pollen & pregnate the female = F1

F1 and pregnate it again using the original GDP pollen again = F2 now with more true GDP genetics. (GDP genetics is more stable)

F2 and use CS to make all fem seeds which gives you S1 which is all female seeds.

Ofcourse out of all the seeds you will be making you want the strongest plants with the best genetics. :)

My understanding of that would be back crossing and creating a separate F1. The F2 would be created by crossing F1xF1. Inbreeding the strain of the crosses to stabilize the genetics you would then go F2xF2=F3 ect. But to get dominate traits you could start the back crossing like F1xF2. At least that is how I have understood it.

so after some time on google im no longer lost in whats being talked about lol gotta admit the lesson in breeding is quite a handy one :), hope the strains go well either way for ya tacticalgrow

So you do understand on breeding lol. I just would figure F1 are unstable and not a true cross because you never know what the % of each parent is so why not make sure it's 50/50 or 70/30 by back crossing a F1 with more GDP so that it will be a for sure GDP 50 - 60% genetics. I guess I'm trying to skip the F3 F4 process lol IDK some times I try to redefine certain things
But it does make sense though lol

so after some time on google im no longer lost in whats being talked about lol gotta admit the lesson in breeding is quite a handy one :), hope the strains go well either way for ya tacticalgrow

Lol that's how it be some times. Google will get you caught up on subject quick.

The F1 will be as stable as it gets from the direct cross. When you get cubing with is F3xF1 or F3xF3 you start to reach maximum potential of keeping the genetics stable. F1 are the least stable as you never know if the recessive genes will expose themselves. But as you further inbreed via back crossing or lineal crossing you strengthen the strain that you are trying to create and further distance the recessive genes ability to appear. It is all based of percentages. It is explained really well How Do I Create a True Breeding Strain?

Very true. I've read that and ones I found online. And I've seen the that the further you go into crossing F1 & then F2 and so on they will become more stable but what there not saying is you have to plant every seed just to really find the perfect male & female with what you feel is the right % of both parents. And this could lead to continuous crossings.

Instead why not find the right female F1 then back cross it with the original strain you would want more of those genetics? There for it will give you a quicker stable plant. I'm not disagreeing with the way everyone breeds or how you choose to breed but to me it's an in between thing that's missing. Like if I was to make a child that has my color eyes I would insure she has my color eyes by giving more of my original DNA twice over rather then having a second toss up and then they come out yellow. And then maybe on the 3rd try she may have the color But not the correct shade, since I used another off spring.

I shouldve used grand children vs my own kids it wouldve sounded better lol

That would work if you want more of a certain strain to be mixed in. But if you want to develop a true cross or new strain you need to breed within the cross and let the genetics take there course. If you are seeking more traits of one plant over another you would obviously breed back to the originals but that would mean you would need to keep the parent plants as clones in veg otherwise you will be pulling from another phenotype of the same strain thus creating another chance at unstable genetics. At least this is how I am understanding it. I am probably just going to go the linear route and make my strain 50/50 replicas of the parents. I will only be using these seeds myself anyway and would not consider myself a true breeder as I have no intention of distribution or banking the seeds for preservation. I hope that I do not make a super strain that could make me millions otherwise I may have to rethink this plan. :)

Back
Top Bottom