Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

There is a ton of pollen and still plenty of nuts to bust. My collection efforts are not going so well but I am a man of my word and some pollen will find its way my friend. :)

Thank you for the reps Fishy!

There is a ton of pollen and still plenty of nuts to bust. My collection efforts are not going so well but I am a man of my word and some pollen will find its way my friend. :)

Hey man I saw a photo in one of my grow books someone made a bunch of saucers out of tin foil that was placed around the plant at different levels to catch the pollen as it falls it looked like they had collected a lot in each saucer. just a thought brother tac. :peace:

Yes I have been trying that method and it has been giving me my best results so far. I think I have been just making a lot of mistakes with pollen collection. No worries. I am sure I will get another try at some point. :) All that matters is I should end up with some to share and a little extra for myself. With pollen a little goes a long way. :)

yes it does you can even dilute it with some other powder i have used very dry flour and diatomaceous earth food grade with success most hand applied pollen is wasted anywat its just like man wigglers it only takes one to get the job done!
Yes I have been trying that method and it has been giving me my best results so far. I think I have been just making a lot of mistakes with pollen collection. No worries. I am sure I will get another try at some point. :) All that matters is I should end up with some to share and a little extra for myself. With pollen a little goes a long way. :)

man wigglers:rofl:

So here is little update. The GDP was chopped to day :RIP: and now lays busting nuts on a cookie sheet. The other girls in flower are focusing on the role of seed creation and are healthy as a horse. The ladies vegging are doing well as is the exile sprout. I will let the pictures do the talking. :)

The vegging ladies
IMG_098813.JPG

Thanksgiving Clones
IMG_097416.JPG

Cheese
IMG_097616.JPG

Fruity Chronic Juice
IMG_098012.JPG

Exile
IMG_097812.JPG

Fruity Chronic Juice crossed with GDP
IMG_09828.JPG

Cheese crossed with GDP
IMG_098610.JPG

many many wonderfull seeds will soon be yours!
and for every seed you get I hope you get three tops of the finest smoke anyone can imagine!!!

Thanks Fishy!

Oh yeah on another note I did not share my test results on lighting.

Phase 1: Using HPS during beginning and GLR for approx. 14 days from seed start

I believe that the plant grew extremely well in the beginning stages from sprout. I noticed the seed appeared to germinate at an accelerated rate and also grew very tight compared to the ladies being vegged now under the T5 on the same light schedule. Temps and humidity have been consistent, therefore I am able to conclude that starting plants off with HPS for the first 2 weeks from when you start the seed seems to produce a better growth rate. I also believe that in the spring for an outdoor grow when we start our girls the light may tend to lean to be more to the HPS spectrum as the earth continues its orbit and thus makes for the natural transition to the summer months and MH spectrum.

Phase 2: GLR and 400w MH for Veg

During the veg phase under the the MH using GLR I noticed consistent and tight node spacing along with much more rapid growth than using my HPS on the previous grow. With these results I do believe that not only do you save several dollars on your utility bill, it also allows the plant to convert all the energy properly from the light cycle and build a great healthy structure during the dark phase. I also noticed that it seems to alter the humidity levels a bit as the plant is aspiring more often than using a 24/0 or 18/6 schedule. Which indicates better use of the plants energy. So GLR passes as a supreme method of light rotation schedule.

Phase 3: Using MH for the first 2 weeks of 12/12

I used the MH for the first 2 weeks of 12/12 and noticed that the stretch was very controlled and almost cut in half compared to the normal expectation of doubling in height. I did start to notice the formation of flowers just as rapidly as using the HPS but the stretch was improved. So with this I will affirm the belief of using MH on 12/12 does control the stretch and does not affect the ability of a plant to produce flowers nor the quality of the flowers.

Phase 3 part 2: Using Smaller HPS or similar light as side lighting at the beginning of 12/12

This test was not run as a budy needed to borrow my 150w HPS. So this phase was not tested.

Overall result: More testing required.

As I said previously when starting this grow it was a goal to test lighting. I am unable to complete the findings to an absolute certainty as I have not been able to run the test on more than this grow. Also I can only compare to my first grow which was a different strain and completely different light set up. So the results are inconclusive do to the variables. But I do believe that as described above my hypotheses to be correct and can not wait to run another comparable test using all the same equipment. I will even purchase more of the same bulbs as bulb life would play a roll and also be another variable.

Dope bro loving the experiment and hope you get more to come, I also like trying different things to see whats what 4 yourself keep up goodwork man i'll be rooting for ya

Thank you. I am hoping to complete the experiment in my next 2-3 grows as I will be able to eliminate most of the variables. :)

I wish you were able to finish the experiment because most of the questions I wouldve had has already been answered by your findings. It woiuldve been great to here and see the end results of this

Well Wizzy I am glad that I was able to answer your questions in the parts of the tests I was able to run. The testing will continue over the next few grows as then the constants will heavily out weigh the variables. I think That I will run the test on feminized seeds that I will make of the GDP next grow. That way it will be down to a science as even the genetic make up of the plant with be a constant. That is the key to science. Only testing one variable and in this instance I am going for lighting using only a 150w HPS for germination and side lighting. Then the test will actually have to shift some as I will be using the T5's for vegging after the first 2 weeks. My T5 is 4 54 HO tubes, and then the 400w MH for 2 weeks at the beginning of flower then switching to the 400w HPS to the finish. Basically it would be a gradual increase in wattage along with the variable from HPS to T5 to 400w MH to 400w HPS. I think it will be interesting. :)

Thank you for the reps gittergreen and Giga. :) :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom