Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

DUDE! Those flowers haven't even come close to opening yet!

Here are some photos of my Male Purple Rhino when he was heading towards full "flowers open" mode. Compare this to your plant. I would say another TWO weeks minimum! Don't want to waste that plant! It has a ton more pollen to let out yet! When you have pollen dust covering the leaves of your females, then you know he has reached his peak! If you gently smack the side of the main stalk of the male plant and give him a good jarr you should get a HUGE yellow cloud pump out like a big bong load of pollen dust, then you know you are in the optimum pollenation phase!

I had to use a breathing mask in my bathtub space when I did those shakes of the male plant, cause the pollen was as thick as cigar smoke!

Male Purple Rhino in FLOWER...

Early Stages

P1013026.JPG

Another week... Notice pollen dust collecting on leaves.

P1013088.JPG

Another week. POllen dust is landing everywhere now!

P1013131.JPG

PR Male next to female GDP just before I removed it from the grow space...

P1013125.JPG

Definitely a good documentation of the process going on here! A lot of folks don't realize how long a male plant needs to really get into full pollenation! Thats why I posted my own photos here to show what a spent male looks like. When its done, all the flowers should be open and no pollen dust continues to fall from the opened flowers. Just about as a long a cycle as a female in flower takes to be ready for harvest!

Hope TG sees my photos and doesn't chop that plant yet! That would be a tragedy since it is just barely starting to produce!

While We're Waiting...
How about some strain review photos?

Here are some shots of GDP #5 dried and partially cured. I say partially because I like to go at least two months before I consider any of my bud harvests to be cured. Usually, 4-6 months is the best time cause the bud gets more complex aroma and flavor and the various Cannibanoids settle down and stabilize.

I did take a couple of bongs of this just before I started posting this! Not Bad! :thumb:

Still a little harsh, which is not uncommon for high resin GDP which is what I always end up with. The high is very balanced! I would say that #5 has a higher CBD than #2 does. They were both harvested at roughly the same time, but #5 was in a more shaded area.

Check these out!

P1010485.JPG
P10104861.JPG
P10104872.JPG
P10104881.JPG
P10104891.JPG
P10104902.JPG

dont tell me you color those nugs with a sharpie.
awsome real awsome:)

dont tell me you color those nugs with a sharpie.
awsome real awsome:)

OOOps!!!! :tokin:

This is what I get for "Posting While STONED!" LOL! :goof::partyboy:

Sorry TG! I thought I was posting these in my own journal! LOL!! :trance::scratchinghead:

In a way...Kind of a fortuitous mistake since afterall, part of this journal will be to see how your buds compare to my original Clone-Only version of the genuine GDP strain!

Even so... If you want me to remove those photos let me know. I generally avoid posting my own photos into some else's journal since I feel that photos are the domain of the journal owner and not the observers.

I made an exception with the male flowering photos because I really think you need to see what the plant needs to look like before it is done!

Back in regards of the GDP bud photos...

I'm cool either way! Again...Sorry about that!

BOY! I just jumped into the top subscibed thread and assumed it was mine! LOL!

:Namaste:

:bravo::bravo: YUMMO!!! DAMMIT!! Cant pull buds out of my computer screen:(

OOOps!!!! :tokin:

This is what I get for "Posting While STONED!" LOL! :goof::partyboy:

Sorry TG! I thought I was posting these in my own journal! LOL!! :trance::scratchinghead:

In a way...Kind of a fortuitous mistake since afterall, part of this journal will be to see how your buds compare to my original Clone-Only version of the genuine GDP strain!

Even so... If you want me to remove those photos let me know. I generally avoid posting my own photos into some else's journal since I feel that photos are the domain of the journal owner and not the observers.

I made an exception with the male flowering photos because I really think you need to see what the plant needs to look like before it is done!

Back in regards of the GDP bud photos...

I'm cool either way! Again...Sorry about that!

BOY! I just jumped into the top subscibed thread and assumed it was mine! LOL!

:Namaste:

:thedoubletake::laughtwo::rofl::adore::green_heart: Thanks goose you made my day!

Do not worry I did not chop him yet. :) I read the message while working. All the plants are looking good at the moment.

Welcome to the breeding show. lol :)

Back
Top Bottom