Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

its a good idea to take multiple separate samples i make wax paper envelopes and after drying i put silica gel (or DE) in the bottom of the container, stack the samples on top, 6 per rx bottle labled dated, from each collection, i dry in open air warm room for 3 days, another thing you can do is mix pollen with white flour that you have dried in the oven to be sure theres no residual moisture, another thing that works is diatomaceous earth used the same way as flour (no drying needed) DE is a desiccant and 100% organic , its ultra fine white crystalline powder, its also a good pesticide, i have rpk pollen dated as far back as a year ago, it works like a charm every time, i just pull 1 sample out of the freezer put it in the frig for an hour then use, i do that to prevent any condensation that may occur, its all about keeping it uber dry! i loved the look of my rpk male so much i kept a cut around for months if i needed pollen id flower it out after taking a new clone from the clone, i did this cuz i wanted to be sure my storage method was solid so after keeping rpk pollen 6 months i tested it it worked so i stopped keeping a clone around, i prolly have 2oz of pollen from him stored i named him "casanova"
a good way to collect pollen is to lay the plant on its side and allow the pollen to fall on a tray i use a long cookie sheet or a tray fashioned out of aluminum foil, you can also supercrop the plant so that its bent over the collection tray allowing you to keep its container upright
well thats all i can think of at the moment on pollen collection hope it helps:thumb:

So all the new beans are hear and to make it even cooler I received a Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice shirt.... Way to awesome when it is when of the strains I have going.

Hey TG, long time no see, sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a bit, but I assure you I'm still growing strong!

Your plants look great, breeding is above my head at this time, I don't have the patience for that kind of thing lol.

Yup I am spreading the yellow snow and trapping as much as I can. Top shelf genetics are being preserved. I will do a photo update later today.

Yup I am spreading the yellow snow and trapping as much as I can. Top shelf genetics are being preserved. I will do a photo update later today.

you baby maker you:):goodjob:

No photos.... Long day at work and did not make it in time for the lights to still be on. Will get the pics in the morning if I do not make it out to the woods. Got to get me a deer to fill the freezer.

:thumb:

No photos.... Long day at work and did not make it in time for the lights to still be on. Will get the pics in the morning if I do not make it out to the woods. Got to get me a deer to fill the freezer.

:thumb:

Kil Kill Kill

Saw a couple does and 1 buck... He was good size nothing special but did not give me a shot. I did not make it back in time for pics so you all will have to wait until morning.

its about the time to shoot meat:)

I have until Dec. 9th I believe.

So the male is officially busting nuts left and right, 5-10 a day and there are a million nuts on this damn thing. So with that said he is getting cut down and bagged for pollen harvesting tomorrow. I am sure I will only get so much pollen so therefore I can not extend the offer of pollen beyond what I have. Please do not take offense any one. ;) I will be mailing coffee for Christmas to BID and GG7 ;) . But all is not lost as I have 5 more GDP seeds and expect at least one more male. The clones that have been in the closet with the male have been getting pollen via the air and also by brush, so the new crosses will be getting done at this time. A photo update will take place tomorrow so you all can say your good byes to the GDP male. His legacy will continue.

So the male is officially busting nuts left and right, 5-10 a day and there are a million nuts on this damn thing. So with that said he is getting cut down and bagged for pollen harvesting tomorrow. I am sure I will only get so much pollen so therefore I can not extend the offer of pollen beyond what I have. Please do not take offense any one. ;) I will be mailing coffee for Christmas to BID and GG7 ;) . But all is not lost as I have 5 more GDP seeds and expect at least one more male. The clones that have been in the closet with the male have been getting pollen via the air and also by brush, so the new crosses will be getting done at this time. A photo update will take place tomorrow so you all can say your good byes to the GDP male. His legacy will continue.

Sounds good!

The plant will continue to open flowers and drop more pollen even after you bag it up, if you put the stalk into a water bottle to keep it hydrated and alive for a bit longer.

So if I keep it bagged and still in the pot for a week I should harvest more pollen. So that is what I will do. I will chop it next Monday then hang it for the remaining pollen. Does this sound like a good plan?

Here are the pics....

GDP

IMG_094917.JPG

Fruity Chronic Juice bred with GDP

IMG_095013.JPG

Cheese Bred with GDP

IMG_09519.JPG

Cheese to remain seedless

IMG_095214.JPG

Fruity Chronic Juice to remain seedless

IMG_095316.JPG

Exile from seed

IMG_095416.JPG

that big daddy is one scary lookin dude.
you know the girls always go for the bad boys:)

Yeah and that was after I cut the main tops off and harvested pollen from them. He was about another 5" tall. :)

Back
Top Bottom