Rehabilitatora420 First Grow Journal

been reading the thread and this didn't seem clear to me either ..

can move any sip plant to a soil or possibly coco media, and you can move a hempy plant to any media at all. both are good for that.

are you watering down the tube or watering from on top of the soil ?

if you constantly water from top of the soil once the roots have reached the res you'll have nothing but problems. sips needs to be tube watered once the roots hit the res.

the media in a sips is used to regulate. it's actually a bottom feed process. feeding through the soil itself will cause loads of imbalances.

feed to a 10% min runoff out the drain hole from down the tube and leave it.

yeah, don't feel bad. it's a lot to chew.
i can only run one style at a time. i tried an active dwc and a hp promix hard side bucket at the same time and near killed them both lol

you should be able to run a coco media as sips from the tube. the coco needs to be exposed to the feed water and it helps to have some extra perlite in it for added wicking, but it should work the same.

you'll probably have to feed it more often in flower than a promix media sip. refreshing the res before it's dry would also help.

there's a number of sips growers on straight coco or a coco perlite mix.

anything that comes out the drain hole is waste. you can collect it for house plants or use it outdoor, but don't refeed it to the sips cannabis plants unless you wanna chase ph and nute troubles.

Each grow is a learning experience for the next one, and trying two new things at once (coco and SIPs) can complicate life!
hey mate i have decidet to move this plant into another sip with soil my questions is this when i take it out of the previous one it will have alot of coco left stuck on the roots what to do shake it and remove most of it or ?

hey mate i have decidet to move this plant into another sip with soil my questions is this when i take it out of the previous one it will have alot of coco left stuck on the roots what to do shake it and remove most of it or ?
Gentle water flowing over it will loosen the coco from the roots.
In a tub with a sprayer.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If the wife isn’t home you could use her hand held shower head.
Don’t get caught 😂

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Bill's got you covered on the root clean up, and personally I'd drop it in a regular pot rather than another SIP. If it doesn't have water roots drinking from the res now I'd say it's too late to get them started.

And you might be surprised how resilient cannabis plants can be. I do this to my mother plants at least once a year and they come back fine:

full

full

full

full

2 weeks later they look like this:

full

Bill's got you covered on the root clean up, and personally I'd drop it in a regular pot rather than another SIP. If it doesn't have water roots drinking from the res now I'd say it's too late to get them started.

And you might be surprised how resilient cannabis plants can be. I do this to my mother plants at least once a year and they come back fine:

full

full

full

full

full
well its to late its in another sip but i will water normal way and i can observe if the roots gonna ever show at the botoom if they do i willl start from the feed from the tank

Do your plants ever get root shock doing that?
I never do it.
I just know it’s a simple way to get the coco off.
Once I pot her she stays.
Hope everything is going well my friend. :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

full

full

full

full

full
hey Shed i forgot to ask u when should i start feed the plant i already gived her daily dose few hours before change to soil also should i start adding the solution for the roots i give the plants one that u give first 3 weeks its called Root It first feed should i give them again so roots get some more juice?

Can't say I know anything about building roots in coco with random products but I do know you need to feed it every time you water, and that would be every day.

I just treat mine normally after I replant them, like it never even happened!
plant is in Soil now biobizz All mix there is some left from the coco to i could not remove all

@rehabilitatora420 I rarely ever have to remove the media once I get a plant going but, on the rare occasion I have, the thing I do is to water in some Hormex when I'm watering in the plant into its new media home. Hormex will reduce the transplant shock your plant will experience along with helping it grow new roots.

A little goes a long way so be careful with it.

guys a question here is the feeding solution brands that is available for me any familiar to u one wich u can recommend me get for next after biobizz finish
3333333.png
I would look at the best pricing and look for a salt based plant food. They are often more complete than the Biobizz line that is a little low in Ca/Mg out of the box. I've used Biobizz, Canna, Hesi, Plagron and T.A out of that list. I remember buying gallons of Hesi Powerzyme before I went the sterile route.

I've had great results with Canna, T.A(Formerly General hydroponics Europe) and Hesi through the years. I believe Canna and T.A to be slightly more concentrated than Hesi but Hesi is also cheaper in price.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!

im not going to reform a flush ever again it made the last plants way way sicker after the flush i will leave it this way i give up this plant
One of the benefits of watering to runoff every time is that there is never a need to flush. I can at this point say I haven’t flushed a plant in years.

I would look at the best pricing and look for a salt based plant food. They are often more complete than the Biobizz line that is a little low in Ca/Mg out of the box. I've used Biobizz, Canna, Hesi, Plagron and T.A out of that list. I remember buying gallons of Hesi Powerzyme before I went the sterile route.

I've had great results with Canna, T.A(Formerly General hydroponics Europe) and Hesi through the years. I believe Canna and T.A to be slightly more concentrated than Hesi but Hesi is also cheaper in price.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!
I’ll add to that - I also had good results with Canna. It’s not too pricey, it’s probably the easiest nute system on the market to use, hardly any bottles, and they make a formula specifically for coco or soil (make sure you get the right one, lol). Also, fwiw, I know many folks here have used it with success as well. For a new grower I think it’s a great system. Really hard to mess it up, lol.

Back
Top Bottom