Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

love itI finally found another forcer. I put my 5 early girls in a shed every night at 6 pm .Because daylight is6 AM. Then take them back out after dark. Then they are ready for the next day. LAST YEAR I GOT 3 CROPS . ONE BY THE THE 4th OF JULY. THEN ONE BY LABOR DAY. Then I was not tempted to cut early the rest of them. thanks, I was worried I was only forcer. I'm following. :bravo::thumb:
No Sir, I keep them in hard flower by bringing the 2 ladies inside the garage at 5 PM and I take them out at 9 AM (roughly), its essentially a light deprivation technique. Their 4 sisters in the tent basically only pre-flowered and are still vegging.

I don't have a lot of room in the garage, I'm lucky they fit nice and tidy right now. They're nice little plants, off both them I'd be happy with an ounce dried but who knows, It will be a nice little sample harvest. I'm really getting tempted to take a sample bud off and try it, but I know if I do that I may like it a lot. I'm guessing I'll harvest the first one in ~ 3 weeks after a one week flush with the Flushing Solution.

they make something called a shark bite. you just push pipe in and no glue or anything else. real easy. a friend had been fighting with a shutoff under his bathroom sink. he was frizzled. shark bite fixed in 2 minutes. cut pipe and pushed on shutoff on. they make shark bite shutoffs . its so easy. home depot /ask for sharkbite
I don't know how to do many things on a professional level, but the things I do know I know well. I was a fourth generation master carpenter/general contractor in my younger days.

From the pictures it appears all the plants are potted. I may be mistaken as the last canopy shots were pretty dense. If they are they can be moved while you fix the pipe. Depending on the type of pipe, at most you'd need a small can of primer, small can of glue, a female coupler, and a hand saw, shovel, and dry rag. If you are physically able to fix it, no need to pay someone to do it.

All the water in the yard is ultimately connected to one valve. So isolating the pipe by turning off just that section of the pipe is not possible. The only way to fix the leak is to dig up the whole area ( I cannot and won't due this for multiple reasons, too labor intensive and risky with size of plants) Yes all the plants in the tent are in the 5-7 gallon containers. I can't take them out of the tent, believe it or not this is a suburban area, there is a LOT of air traffic (mainly low flying helicopters of many sorts) and there are neighbors on all sides. In order to fix the leak, I believe it would have to be dug up, and saudered together at the joint. It's just not something that can be fixed right now, just really hoping it doesn't become a mold problem. Will have to keep up the air flow.
Much thanks for the ideas and support, wish it were an easy isolation fix.

love itI finally found another forcer. I put my 5 early girls in a shed every night at 6 pm .Because daylight is6 AM. Then take them back out after dark. Then they are ready for the next day. LAST YEAR I GOT 3 CROPS . ONE BY THE THE 4th OF JULY. THEN ONE BY LABOR DAY. Then I was not tempted to cut early the rest of them. thanks, I was worried I was only forcer. I'm following. :bravo::thumb:

Thanks, yeah I've heard about this technique and it worked amazingly perfect for me. Glad to see your doing it too. Thanks for coming aboard!:peace:

Tent ladies after defol (may be hard to notice, side view shots don't do full justice) Tops are more pronounced now and better airflow.
Update510_0088.jpg
Update510_0097.jpg

The early Harvest as a whole (trimmed tightly) + trim
Update510_0125.jpg
Update510_0144.jpg

Macro bud shots (I'm very pleased)
Update510_0106.jpg
Update510_0116.jpg
Update510_0135.jpg

but when you do fix ,the shark bites are neat. no soldering or gluing. just push on and done. copper or plastic. you can piece in a plastic into a copper even. they are neat. only drawback is they cost 8 bucks each. But for the homeowner they are worth every penny

but when you do fix ,the shark bites are neat. no soldering or gluing. just push on and done. copper or plastic. you can piece in a plastic into a copper even. they are neat. only drawback is they cost 8 bucks each. But for the homeowner they are worth every penny

Thanks for the information, I will give the shark bites a look, we have a few other small leaks in the yard, so may be it will come in handy! :Namaste:

Very nice looking nugs!

Thanks again mate, I'm a lot more pleased with this batch than last years batch, even though last year was pleasant too. Last year I grew 4 strains (2 Unknown sativas, 1 strain of OG, and 1 GDP) This was one of the unknown sativas and I could recognize it by the smell when I was trimming the buds, brings back memories from last year for sure. But this batch came out better due to high UV I think... I personally like the smell of these buds when they're fresh more, it seems to acquire a hella funky taste/flavor/aroma when its cured - either way still potent and good. Just need to aim for a better cure and somehow get some more un-pronounced flavors out. Should be able to see if the flushing solution made a difference this time too, along with all the other amendments I did not use last year.

I'll tell ya mate, this next plant (less mature lady) is looking very promising, probably will be double the yield of the plant I just harvested, and it is actually looking slightly better on the dankness scale. I think the less mature lady may be the other unknown sativa from last year, but no real way to tell until it's all cured.
:thanks:

Buds curing in jar now, retained solid texture to the buds after over an hour with no burp, and no sweating. Although there is still moisture in the stems - I believe it will get a good cure this time. Haven't massed it yet, but I believe I will have a solid 25-28 grams when the cure is finished.
photo_22_17.jpg
photo_23_11.jpg

On to the next plants!

I ENVY YOU. :rollit::yummy:

Irie bro, all the best.

I ENVY YOU. :rollit::yummy:

Irie bro, all the best.

Haha thanks for the kind words!! Hard to believe I planted the seed that bud came from at the same time as all the others... just wanted to flower and flower and flower..it was pretty much roughly 90 days from seed to harvest, pretty crazy for an outdoor sativa. But when you gotta go , you gotta go!! :)

Iso-Hash Extraction
Your typical easy extraction... only down-side is I don't have a hot plate, or cheap electric griddle to evaporate the solvent, so I will have to let it go the old fashion way (natural evaporation). Only did two rinsings with 99% IPA, second rinsing had a bit more chlorophyll than the first rinsing. Either way, should be interesting, this was my first time trying to put my trimmings to good use, LOTS of sugar leaves on that plant too. Now waiting for evaporation...
photo_24_7.jpg
photo_25_8.jpg

Found a tray that is the perfect size to contain the pyrex dish, will be filling it up with hot water from the sink as needed for a makeshift water bath.

Awesome! Will be waiting for these results, i'm hooked on doing this! That warm water should help speed up the process, I have yet to try to let it evaporate over night. I heard you get a totally different texture, should be great :high-five:

BACK IN THE 70 I USED A ISO- 2 MACHINE. Works like a still. They were almost imposable to find and have been selling for Between 800 and 1500 dollars. But last week I saw on eBay someone has made replica of them . Selling for 499. Check it out. We use to call it hash oil ,but now its Simpson oil. They are a great machine . Lots safer than what you do.

The point of this extraction is that is a cost-effective, and ill-labor intensive. If I wanted to spend 500-1500$ I would not spend it on a Iso-2-Machine, although interesting. To be honest, IPA fumes do not scare me at all, being in a well ventilated area and careful not to breathe fumes in. Not nearly as dangerous as a BHO extraction under high pressure, which many people do.

Also, this is literally nothing compared to the hazards I am confronted with at work (I do synthetic organic chemistry research at a local college) So I'm really not worried lol.

Thanks for the concern and information :)

Ended up with some of the milky white stuff as you can see.. I've seen QUITE a few other people have this same thing happen to them, I don't think it's a problem, not exactly sure what it is composed of, but since both rinsings were done for 90 seconds a piece, this stuff should be good. No time to scrape it up right now, will post picture of the collected product later today.
photo_26_2.jpg

Need to do more research on this white stuff, any opinions/experiences welcome

I've seen results like that but have never gotten the same product like this Les! Can I ask about your technique?
Do you leave a fan blowing over it or any kind of direct breeze? & are you swishing the product around every hour or so as its evaping or letting stand still? Noticed you are using 99% also and I started with 91 as it was all I could get from the local store, but we all know this would just prolong the evap process. Looks like its going to be some tasty oil, :yummy: :bong: Decent pull also yeehaww :thumb: Do you let your final product sit out for a certain time?

Back
Top Bottom