Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Thanks KC, always good to hear when one of my theories of what's happening is actually more or less right :yahoo:
I'm keeping an eye on the PPM and my RO reservoir topped up daily.

Taking a quick look back- it's been a rough, but progressive month for the girls. Pic below shows the nice difference a month can make.

20210501_115752.jpg
You got this brother and just keep doing whatever it is your doing. 420 family is in your corner and have your back.

Lots of plants will slow down on the uptake of nutrient uptake slightly as they transition from stretch to stack.
Im just not real sure with them being autos how this plays out.

Also the addition of the chiller could be adding to the ppm rise.

Since you mentioned theories lol. Theory is when cooler temps in the res with the added D/O concentration the plant doesn’t need as strong of nutrient because it is utilizing everything very efficiently. Maybe they aren’t needing the concentration since you’ve dropped your res temps. Seems to be some science behind it but all way above my head when you dive into it. Something to look into when you get free time now that you have a chiller to play with lol.

play safe and enjoy everyone

So...another day, another flood ..that's how the saying goes doesn't it??:rofl:

well, yesterday the sensor for the floor alerted me to a flood. For some reason the program shut the pump off, then it kicked back on, I'll have to look at the programming to see where I went wrong there. But...at least the sensor let me know of the flood and I was able to turn the pump off via my phone. When looking at the runoff pump, I noticed a bucket that wasn't flooding had roots growing into the pump. I went ahead and dismantled that piping and cleaned out the roots....o_O those roots were packed in the pipe and had a nice earthy smell to them. I'll get around to cleaning the other pipes this week as a preventive maintenance.

Reminds me of why I won't let the wife plant any trees, bushes near the septic system or water supply lines.
Yet, we love our DWC linked systems. :rofl:
Just another PM task to add to the many list already!
Good luck and remember growing is FUN!
:thumb:

Reminds me of why I won't let the wife plant any trees, bushes near the septic system or water supply lines.
Yet, we love our DWC linked systems. :rofl:
Just another PM task to add to the many list already!
Good luck and remember growing is FUN!
:thumb:
Oh at first it was a WTF kinda moment, again. But that changed quickly, and to be honest- it was nice to at least see that the roots are healthy and vigorous. I've got an idea or two that may help solve it from happening next grow :ganjamon:

Oh at first it was a WTF kinda moment, again. But that changed quickly, and to be honest- it was nice to at least see that the roots are healthy and vigorous. I've got an idea or two that may help solve it from happening next grow :ganjamon:
I hope it's something cool.... like a small "Rotor rooter" drill.
And just flush your troubles down the drain:laugh:

I hope it's something cool.... like a small "Rotor rooter" drill.
And just flush your troubles down the drain:laugh:
I have access to a material that lets water through, is a plastic mesh, and is able to handle extreme environments. I'll have to play around with it and test it to make sure it's porous enough. Damn stuff can handle hundreds of pounds on it and not show wear after years of abuse. It was/is used in commercial manufacturing....cost of a large roll is almost worth more then my house. I was given some leftovers years ago, and considered worth it's weight in gold, and hoarded it like gold :rofl:

Now that rooter rotor idea sounds like a good backup plan! But before I upset the Mrs with more with spending on the grow, I'll see what I can do with the materials at hand.

Good morning my Friend! I was wondering if you also had some root issues? I was almost thru flower when I found the roots poking thru the drain hose into the run off reservoir...so I just left it until the end. It seems this system promotes root growth! Some kind of mesh to allow water thru, but keep the roots more constrained sounds like the way!
Your garden is looking great over there! Let’s hope your flood issues are behind you now that the pipes have opened up!!

Nice techie flood save!
Saved me on more then one occasion now that's for sure :rofl:
Sitting in to learn a thing or two
Welcome aboard! Pull up a chair, the frost is starting...don't be shy with questions or comments!
Hey brother I hope all is well.
That’s some crazy roots you pulled out and glad to hear you got that sorted out.

Plants r looking great my friend and you just need to get them across the finish line now. Your 420 family r all here cheering for ya brother.
Play safe and enjoy everyone
Thanks, I've checked the other two drains now and only one other had a bit of roots in it (no where near the same as that SuperSkunk).

Thanks Kc, hope you've been taking care brother

Day 77
Flower Day 38

Tent temp: 23C avg
Tent RH%: ~30-50%
Previous PPM: : 1011
Current PPM: 964(drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 964 (not adjusted)
PH: 6.9 reset to 5.8
Res temp: 21C
Water level: down

So they're all doing their thing and bulking up. I'm currently feeding at an average of 1000PPM. 250-300PPM of that is cal mag. I've now clean out all three drain pipes to be safe, aside from the SuperSkunk only one had some roots in it. It was the shorter/smaller of the three plants. While she's small, it looks like she's making some rock hard nugs.

I'll be making some adjustments to the garage soon to keep the temps in it slightly cooler (hopefully!), that'll take some stress off the chiller. I'l also be swapping the chiller pump soon to one with an adjustable flow rate which should help the chiller out. For now I'm wrapping the res in some thin Styrofoam sheets...long term I'll fix up something better, but till lumber (plywood) prices come down to normal levels I'll make do with what's at hand.

I've included a few lights off photos as well. :thanks:

Looks like I pulled up my milk crate at a good time! I'm going to be keeping an eye on your ppms. I don't test for this right at the moment for simplicity (my guage failed and I haven't bought a new one yet). I've been going up .25 ml per liter every second feeding from 1/2 strength originally.

The hempy isn't as sophisticated but I will like keeping tabs on the small details for comparison.

Looks like I pulled up my milk crate at a good time! I'm going to be keeping an eye on your ppms. I don't test for this right at the moment for simplicity (my guage failed and I haven't bought a new one yet). I've been going up .25 ml per liter every second feeding from 1/2 strength originally.

The hempy isn't as sophisticated but I will like keeping tabs on the small details for comparison.
As long as their not showing deficiencies or lockouts it sounds like they'll be fine till you get a new tester. I tend to micro manage my grows to keep them feeding as much as they want.
Bluter is a Rockstar when it comes to hempys.

As long as their not showing deficiencies or lockouts it sounds like they'll be fine till you get a new tester. I tend to micro manage my grows to keep them feeding as much as they want.
Bluter is a Rockstar when it comes to hempys.
I don't micro manage but I did check my ppm going into it to at least get a baseline if problems come up. It looks like micro managing works from your journal though!
I'm spreading my roots to absorb some different ideas.

@bluter has already been amazing support

I don't micro manage but I did check my ppm going into it to at least get a baseline if problems come up. It looks like micro managing works from your journal though!
I'm spreading my roots to absorb some different ideas.

@bluter has already been amazing support
Yeah I check mine twice a day- morning / evenings and often adjust PPM if needed both times. Though a couple minutes ago the flood alarm went off- I'll go fix that up in a bit:rolleyes:. That sensor has already paid for itself and I can't wait to make my modifications to stop having to vacuum nutes off the floor.

Day 80
Flower Day 41

Tent temp: 25C avg
Tent RH%: ~40-60%
Previous PPM: : 997
Current PPM: 998
Adjusted PPM to: 998(not adjusted)
PH: 6.7 reset to 5.8
Res temp: 23C
Water level: down

So, since that last flooding they're not feeding/drinking quite as much. Though I did do a reservoir change last night.
I have had some issues with drainage from the one bucket still- so I reintroduced some dry periods to give that bucket more time to drain. Hardly ideal- but, it works.

The one plant is getting close to finishing, I don't expect to get a lot off her- another week or two I figure, but it'll be nice to get some in the jars.

The other bb x nl is still bulking up. The SuperSkunk is starting to bulk, and hopefully not stretch much more.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

The first few pictures there @Rexer . Is there any reason the leaves are so glossy shinny. Or is that just the strain?
That's a great question- I can't be certain only guess. It might be a combination of too high N, the lighting and strain. It's the 1st time I try growing this strain, the other BB x NL isn't nearly as glossy- but she's twice the size as well.

That's a great question- I can't be certain only guess. It might be a combination of too high N, the lighting and strain. It's the 1st time I try growing this strain, the other BB x NL isn't nearly as glossy- but she's twice the size as well.
Yeah something different in that one for sure

Back
Top Bottom