Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Day 62
Flower Day 21

Tent temp: 22C avg
Tent RH%: 70~80%
Previous PPM: : 835 (falling)
Current PPM: 857 (topped up)
Adjusted PPM to: 857
PH: 6.5 reset to 5.6
Res temp: 20.6C
Water level: down
Light draw from wall: 629 Watts (max power)

So, it's been a fun time, I managed to get the flooding under control. I installed the water sensor (wifi model), and tied it into the app that controls my light and pumps. Now if the floor gets wet, I'll get a text and the water pump will automatically turn off. Gotta technology!

I've got some high humidity going on and will be putting my larger dehumidifier in soon.

Girls are looking good and still stretching!

Thanks everyone :Namaste:

Hey brother I hope all is good. Plants r looking great my friend. Glad your getting the kinks worked out. Gotta love tec lol.
Definitely keep that Rh in check because man those plants r bushy. Lots of airflow as well is key to not ending up with pm or bud rot

Play safe and enjoy everyone

Hey brother I hope all is good. Plants r looking great my friend. Glad your getting the kinks worked out. Gotta love tec lol.
Definitely keep that Rh in check because man those plants r bushy. Lots of airflow as well is key to not ending up with pm or bud rot

Play safe and enjoy everyone
Thank you! Yeah I'm worried about that RH but have a dehumidifier in the basement that will be moved into the tent for now. Air flow is maxed out right now lol. I've 2 oscillating fans and one fixed position fan blowing 24/7, and the louver on the AC swings up and down. I'd like to do some defoliation, but right now I want to finish this batch up more and defoliating might lengthen the flowering time. Bud rot on the front left short plant is a huge concern, she's just so short and squat with thick foliage.
I'm actually kinda glad I moved one bucket out, I think this setup will be better with the 3 plants by leaving more room for equipment.
Love that main stem trunk there. Really love the 420 stash jar. I keep my personal sleepy sleep medicine in it.

Do you think the overflow issue is more learning curve or just poorly designed engineering issues?
Thank you! That glass is sitting up on a shelf like a proud trophy! I'll most likely use it for photos :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think the overflow was a combination of bad design (drain should be larger and placed slightly higher) along with the way I've used the system. That said, it's advertised for use with the hydroton for hydroponics- but I think it serves works best with soil or coco.

I also am still convinced that with a few tweaks and modifications, I'll have this system setup exactly as I'd like. For now just having the water sensor that will shut the pump off is letting me finally move on to some other odd jobs.

I know next week I'll have to hook the chiller up for certain, I'd do it this weekend but have plans made already.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the new system. I know Radio Shack doesn’t have the retail presence they one did but I have a few universal power supply bricks, the cool thing about universal power supply is they have 4 heads to get the right plug size, there is a selectable switch to change output voltage just be sure the volts ac or volts dc part is correct. Some configurations have the positive outside & negative inside while others are made the opposite.

In a pinch if you can find the right wattage & VAC or VDC config but the wrong size adapter plug you could cut off and splice in the old cable to the new transformer. Anyway chin up - I know you will prevail

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the new system. I know Radio Shack doesn’t have the retail presence they one did but I have a few universal power supply bricks, the cool thing about universal power supply is they have 4 heads to get the right plug size, there is a selectable switch to change output voltage just be sure the volts ac or volts dc part is correct. Some configurations have the positive outside & negative inside while others are made the opposite.

In a pinch if you can find the right wattage & VAC or VDC config but the wrong size adapter plug you could cut off and splice in the old cable to the new transformer. Anyway chin up - I know you will prevail
Oh I had a universal adapter, and a drawer full of power supplies. Sadly not one was what I needed, and the universal adapter i did have didn't work on it either.
Fortunately, the adapter that just came in from the 'Zon works like a charm and the float/runoff pump is working like a charm again :yahoo:
Just in time for the May long weekend!

Oh shit...a chiller. I'm prolly gonna need one.

Yeah I bought it when I got the setup. I knew it would be needed and that I wouldn't have the money for one right now. So it's been sitting in the same packaging it arrived in, and has yet to be opened. I think it's safe to say I can take the res heater out now lol

Plants a looking great rexer! Happy to see youre getting those kinks worked out now. That water sensor will really help you out since it also sends you a message along with shutting off the pump, gives you time to finish up whatever you were doing then go check instead of the constant worry. Great job sir!

Plants a looking great rexer! Happy to see youre getting those kinks worked out now. That water sensor will really help you out since it also sends you a message along with shutting off the pump, gives you time to finish up whatever you were doing then go check instead of the constant worry. Great job sir!
Thanks Dick!
I'm still finding the odd bit of water on the floors. Not enough to trigger the sensor (which is fine, I don't want everything shut down in the middle of the night for a cup or 2 of water). I'm just pushing this run through and giving the wet vac a good workout. I'll rip the system apart and make some modifications for next run. Trying to fix it further while the plants are in will most likely do more harm then good.
I will say this, it was nice being aways for a couple days and being able to pull up the camera and sensor, gives that extra piece of mind.

Just came back from some camping, will update on the grow later today or tomorrow. Girls are doing fairly well, the smallest is showing some cal mag deficiencies, however the ph was off for a bit while I was gone. Not too concerned, ph has been reset and res topped off. Should get it back on track now.

:morenutes:Hope you had a relaxing couple of days!
Girls are looking nice.
Good thing you have the ability to take on the problems caused by poor quality in your bucket system. Old dogs and technology!
I agree with your assessment of " not recommended" when it comes to customer support!
Take care and may the rest of your grow be fun and uneventful!
:circle-of-love:

Day 68
Flower Day 29

Tent temp: 20C avg
Tent RH%: 60-70%
Previous PPM: : 885 (falling)
Current PPM: 867
Adjusted PPM to: 1028
PH: 6.6 reset to 5.8
Res temp: 19.2C
Water level: down (nice drop)

So....plants are eating & drinking. Bucket setup is still leaking a bit somewhere :hmmmm:. Minimal water on floor, just gonna clean it up daily unless it starts getting worse. Some of the water may have leaked from the dehumidifier, I setup a continuous drain hose to it today, hopefully that will help.
Net is filling out and it's getting harder to weave them, might just let them go?
That SuperSkunk is a week or so behind and filling out wonderfully.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful long weekend!

Day 68
Flower Day 29

Tent temp: 20C avg
Tent RH%: 60-70%
Previous PPM: : 885 (falling)
Current PPM: 867
Adjusted PPM to: 1028
PH: 6.6 reset to 5.8
Res temp: 19.2C
Water level: down (nice drop)

So....plants are eating & drinking. Bucket setup is still leaking a bit somewhere :hmmmm:. Minimal water on floor, just gonna clean it up daily unless it starts getting worse. Some of the water may have leaked from the dehumidifier, I setup a continuous drain hose to it today, hopefully that will help.
Net is filling out and it's getting harder to weave them, might just let them go?

Hope you are well my friend.
Bill

:morenutes:Hope you had a relaxing couple of days!
Girls are looking nice.
Good thing you have the ability to take on the problems caused by poor quality in your bucket system. Old dogs and technology!
I agree with your assessment of " not recommended" when it comes to customer support!
Take care and may the rest of your grow be fun and uneventful!
Thanks brother! Hope you had a wonderful long weekend!

Day 68
Flower Day 29

Damn, what's next?
Next we'll see a large shallow pan with a sump pump...... :rofl:
All kidding aside. I hope that little leak is an easy fixer.
What is the size of your net holes?
I like the way she looks (Skunk) compared to the disappointing one's I've grown in the past couple of years. Hope she stinks real good!
Nothing seams to be like the skunk if yesteryear...
:thumb: Looking nice and fluffy!

As for a relaxing long weekend.... chopped two massive plants.
Rearrange grow areas. Tore down the walls to expand the flower room. Half built the divider wall shelf to close off flower room.
Drained, power washed, patched, started filling pool.
Huge birthday BBQ for my daughter (18 adult partiers with their kids)....
that we is recovering from. :lot-o-toke:

Typical weekend at the Furcifer Homestead!

Grow healthy and easy...have fun!

Damn, what's next?
Next we'll see a large shallow pan with a sump pump...... :rofl:
You joke, but ive actually considered it. Still am :rofl: . Even picked out the perfect pump, if the damn thing wasn't so expensive I'd have it in there.
All kidding aside. I hope that little leak is an easy fixer.
What is the size of your net holes?
I think they are 3 inch. It's actually the scrog kit from The Bucket Company, There is a 2nd screen as well, but I don't think I'll use it.
I like the way she looks (Skunk) compared to the disappointing one's I've grown in the past couple of years. Hope she stinks real good!
Nothing seams to be like the skunk if yesteryear...
:thumb: Looking nice and fluffy!
I actually grew a couple of these out and they've proven to be amazing Genetics, I have one last seed and am holding out on it till I get some pollen.

As for a relaxing long weekend.... chopped two massive plants.
Rearrange grow areas. Tore down the walls to expand the flower room. Half built the divider wall shelf to close off flower room.
Drained, power washed, patched, started filling pool.
Huge birthday BBQ for my daughter (18 adult partiers with their kids)....
that we is recovering from. :lot-o-toke:

Typical weekend at the Furcifer Homestead!

Grow healthy and easy...have fun!
Sounds like an amazing place with good times. I understand, work comes first, and an glad you got some time in with your family :green_heart:
@Rexer I must say you are a very patience individual. I am some what surprised you ladies look so happy transiting though flower with all the challenge this system has threw your way.

I believe that once you have it figured out and adjusted you will be able do some amazing things.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,

Toll.. :bong:
Thanks Tok, I'm patient and determined....I'll get this setup to how I want it and working properly, I've got years to get it done:circle-of-love:

Hope you and yours are doing well!

Sounds good, mate. New growth will slow soon and WYSIWYG.
What I see is a couple of lush, full canopies. Nice work!

Thanks brother, I shall leave it be! :Namaste:

Day 69
Flower Day 30

Tent temp: 24C avg
Tent RH%: 40-50%
Previous PPM: : 1025 (falling)
Current PPM: 1023
Adjusted PPM to: 1023 (not adjusted)
PH: 6.5 reset to 5.6
Res temp: 25.5C (getting hot!!)
Water level: down

So, they've continued to do fairly well, and after hooking up the drain hose to the dehumidifier I had a nice surprise...a dry floor :yahoo: . But as is the continuous issue, there just had to be a slight bit of drama:nervous-guy:(and I hate drama) when doing some leaf tucking- and deciding to move one stem over a square in the net...the top snapped....right off. Well lesson learnt, listen to DD.
Tried taping it back on, probably not going to take, but why not try eh?
So....I also noticed that the res temp was getting rather high with the heat. Chiller is now chillin. :cool:

And you remember that stunted one? Kept her on life support and she is now my 1st outdoor plant.

:confused: Aw, So I won't be seeing the building of "Noah's Ark" in the near future aye!
Good deal! I'm glad that pain in the aarse leaking is done with.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry, but, :rofl: to tape a completely busted off branch is classic!
I don't know... maybe if you were to cleanly line up the break......it would die slower, or not!
:nerd-with-glasses: If it's not to late ..... you could angle cut the stem and put it in at least a glass of water... hydroponic cloner.....
:high-five:Just messing with you, I'd do, done the same....that why tape, scissors, plant ties and splints are an essential for grow room floors!

Back
Top Bottom