Rider’s Final Grow: GCG BOEL Skunk x JohnnyD, aka Thaibodian Skunk

Didn’t get to do any supercropping this morning so I made a 17 days of growth vid. These are some tall leggy ladies!

Simply awesome growth, can't wait to see what the final 17 days will look like!

You're speaking my kinda language there! Love seeing that kind of documentation :green_heart:

Hope things are going well for you, & you got well rested on your vacation!
That’s good to know, Rexer. I’ll try to keep it up and share my thoughts on nutes as I go. The mini-vacay was awesome and so relaxing. I’ve got an awesome base burn that’ll turn to a tan once I finish peeling. LOL
Simply awesome growth, can't wait to see what the final 17 days will look like!
Don’t jinx me! Fingers crossed that they’re mostly through the stretch.

Awe inspiring growth! :Rasta:
GDB, no one is more surprised than me! When I grew this variety before it was sucking hind tit because I balanced the whole system in favor of the sativas. This rate of growth is shocking. o_O

I’m enjoying the hell out of being back to growing!

Phenomenal growth video, love it. I really wasn't expecting them to be quite that big at the ending. You've got some mad super cropping to do if your not gonna go at it with the hedge trimmers anymore :laughtwo:

Too bad it's your last go 'round. At least you'll go out on a high note!
Maybe this surprising growth and the enjoyment of growing again will keep at him to do another after this :cheesygrinsmiley::dude-knocking:

Too bad it's your last go 'round. At least you'll go out on a high note!
Ummm, well... maybe I misspoke. There’s a variety that has me absolutely drooling to grow. If seeds happen to come my way I’ll be back in the saddle again. :morenutes:

Phenomenal growth video, love it. I really wasn't expecting them to be quite that big at the ending. You've got some mad super cropping to do if your not gonna go at it with the hedge trimmers anymore :laughtwo:

Maybe this surprising growth and the enjoyment of growing again will keep at him to do another after this :cheesygrinsmiley::dude-knocking:
Too late to break out the trimmers! If I had any idea they’d explode like this I’d have gone hands-on and done some topping and training. I’m going to bend ‘em over tomorrow. Bring on the flowers!

Can't wait to see what you do with them
Ummm, well... maybe I misspoke. There’s a variety that has me absolutely drooling to grow. If seeds happen to come my way I’ll be back in the saddle again. :morenutes:
You leave us in suspense so often I love it haha :laughtwo:
So what variety is that?

Can't wait to see what you do with them

You leave us in suspense so often I love it haha :laughtwo:
So what variety is that?
I’m going to have to keep you in suspense! I’m holding my breathe over here. I’ve expressed desire to the member but I don’t want to put him on the spot. Fingers crossed!

I’m going to have to keep you in suspense! I’m holding my breathe over here. I’ve expressed desire to the member but I don’t want to put him on the spot. Fingers crossed!
Ah, very understandable. Well I hope the suspense leads to another grow of something interesting :cheesygrinsmiley:

Someone asked about my setup behind the scenes. It’s very spartan but it all works well together. The only thing maybe a little unusual is the reserve reservoir. It’s plumbed into the main reservoir via a dual valve; one for a fast fill and one to a float-controlled valve. I mix the reserve to the same specs as the main and it ensures that the main always stays full. Both main and reserve have airstones to keep things moving.

I love the Flying Skull line of products. Their primary market is the big commercial growers but they take of us little guys too.

E83D7C57-969F-4003-8FBF-B3BABFB519D9.png

9C72BE19-BF43-42E0-B31C-007C28569E4F.jpeg

A natural humidor! This cigar got left out of the humidor a month ago and I just found it... bone dry. I’m thinking a few days hanging out in the grow room will smooth it out a bit.

C40AC9EA-EDFF-4AAD-AB67-CF11114AEB45.jpeg

Someone asked about my setup behind the scenes. It’s very spartan but it all works well together. The only thing maybe a little unusual is the reserve reservoir. It’s plumbed into the main reservoir via a dual valve; one for a fast fill and one to a float-controlled valve. I mix the reserve to the same specs as the main and it ensures that the main always stays full. Both main and reserve have airstones to keep things moving.

I love the Flying Skull line of products. Their primary market is the big commercial growers but they take of us little guys too.

E83D7C57-969F-4003-8FBF-B3BABFB519D9.png

9C72BE19-BF43-42E0-B31C-007C28569E4F.jpeg
Spartan and vintage, love the wood paneling, makes me feel young again at grandma's house :laughtwo:

That is a pretty neat cabinet though as well. Is that built into the wall? Convenient! I need to ditch my little aged table with the wobbly leg for something like that space saver.

Looks tight and clean, good stuff. Always nice to see the rest of the grow scene.

Hahaha, yeah, it’s definitely dated by that paneling! It gives it a trailer homey feel. And the cabinet is mounted to a door. It’s a DVD cabinet. You remember DVDs, right? :laughtwo:

:laughtwo: trailer homey feel lol I actually know exactly what you mean.

Dvds? Man that was a while ago, then torrents and streaming came along lol

Love the night vision. Makes me want to invest in a couple cams for the grow, summer is coming.

Love the night vision. Makes me want to invest in a couple cams for the grow, summer is coming.
That’s not night vision. It’s the far red of the GrowMau pucks. Night vision infrared is a higher frequency of light and would disrupt the night cycle.

One last foray into the world of growing. Nothing about my system has changed, nothing will change. I’m hoping during my time here I can make some new friends and reconnect with old friends.

The seeds are from Golden Coast Genetics and are a cross of BOEL ‘79 Skunk and JohnnyD, which is itself an old island cross of Thai and Cambodian sativas. I call it Thaibodian Skunk and it was a fav of my connoisseur friends. I value their opinions because I don’t smoke. I just enjoy the challenge.

I’m running Flying Skull nutes at 600ppm with just Micro and Grow, pH is at 5.6, water temp is 68F, ambient air temp is @72F, rH is running 50 to 60%, and VPD is hovering around 1.0kPa. Basic stuff.

Let the madness commence.

77E15C8D-94BF-4944-9540-FC4C5E9765C7.jpeg

C4773BB6-B004-41EE-8B80-D7B25979095B.jpeg

11766B71-470A-4A04-8D76-DCB077F5A247.jpeg
Omg

the set up ! :lot-o-toke:

you so lucky where you are , i can't have a set up that big

i ll grow a Forrest in there

A Forrest !!

15 kilo harvest im telling you !

:passitleft:

Back