Rider’s Final Grow: GCG BOEL Skunk x JohnnyD, aka Thaibodian Skunk

That’s not night vision. It’s the far red of the GrowMau pucks. Night vision infrared is a higher frequency of light and would disrupt the night cycle.
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

Hey, maybe I could ask you this question.. my light panel has those uv/ir bars on it. When is the best times to be using those? I understand the uv is good in flower to help produce more trichomes and terpenes. But still unsure of the infared side. They both work together, only 1 button for bot uv and ir.
Thanks

@dick23rk, I emailed MedicGrow for full specs on the lights. The website doesn’t provide detailed info on the red and UV frequencies. But OMG, those lights are beautiful both in design and function. You definitely have the Farrari of grow lights hanging over your girls.

I should never have looked at that webpage. Now I’m not sure I can live without the MedicGrow controller. I have three sets of the four bar Samsung FB24b lights I designed. The controller uses 0-10 volt dimming so it’s compatible with the Meanwell drivers. And if I got two of the controllers I could control the whole 16 cob Cree CXB3590 system.

I have too many lights.

I had planned to send them an email as well looking for that info. I was hoping they could at least tell me how many diodes there were for each wavelength range. The main reason for this is I know we aren't supposed to be able to see infared light unless it is pulsing rapidly. The infared diodes on these bars are faint but you can tell they're on, so I wanted to know if they were actually infared or far red as well. And then determine how I should be using them for sure.

Their products really are nice and I was blown away when it arrived. But I didn't realize it was the Ferrari of light panels lol Glad you found something there that you could use though, even if you didn't want to find it :laughtwo:

It’s not so bad looking at the grow from the side as it is from the top. Crazy stretch so far. They’ve put on four inches in two days. If I had 10’ ceilings I’d just let them do their thing.

D80A617C-8C11-4C07-AD8C-D1A3C91D3483.jpeg

The only thing maybe a little unusual is the reserve reservoir.
And the paddle above the reserve res, I’m assuming for safety? I’d recommend a machete whilst finding your way through that jungle!! :laughtwo:

The garden is looking amazing, Rider!
:thumb:

The little male got an upgrade to a regular room, although to him it must feel like a jr. suite. He went from 150 to 700ppfd. Don’t burn little buddy!

edit: I’ll keep the 4x4 under negative pressure through a low micron filter to make sure he doesn’t get to the girls.

0CCBE243-3BF5-4351-B2BF-64A0E289BCDB.jpeg

Glad you found something there that you could use though, even if you didn't want to find it :laughtwo:
I had to buy one. The ability to integrate temp and humidity sensors was too much to resist playing with, even though I don’t need it. So I got a new toy coming! :yahoo:

I had to buy one. The ability to integrate temp and humidity sensors was too much to resist playing with, even though I don’t need it. So I got a new toy coming! :yahoo:
I had a closer look at it. It's right up your alley with that amount of control over your lighting environment when you already have such a hold on your vapor density with Temps and rh. It can only be an improvement from what you already have, which is amazing regardless.

Hopefully we hear back from them soon about the diodes in this panel as well. Since you asked for what I was going to ask, I won't bother them more than I already have right yet :cheesygrinsmiley:

Probably won’t hear back until Monday. MedicGrow is part of Comdevi Electronics Technology in Hong Kong. They incorporated in 2004 so they’ve been around for 16 years. I checked them out before ordering.

Probably won’t hear back until Monday. MedicGrow is part of Comdevi Electronics Technology in Hong Kong. They incorporated in 2004 so they’ve been around for 16 years. I checked them out before ordering.
Good info. I had a quick look to see who owned them or who they worked with but never found anything. I had thought the medic grow.name itself had only been around a couple of years. Maybe just in the light panel business for a couple years.

Just a short video walk-through to introduce the girls. They’re almost two months old now. One of them is going to get preggers. Any recommendations?

That's a way better perspective on how big they are getting. Better view than the corner cam any day lol

I'm still recalling that jungle picture though, it's getting close haha

...i still can't get over that growth!
Thank you, Rexer.
It all comes down to environment. When you have a sealed microcosm and the tools to control every aspect of that environment the plants will respond. I’ve been mulling over the thought of writing a treatise on the subject of environmental factors, both grow room conditions and nutrients, and how they influence each other. But I need to do it while it’s all rattling around in my brain because I tend to be an idiot savant. Savant one day and idiot the next.

Officially two months from popping out of the Rapid Rooters. Two of them are over 5 feet from the hydroton and I’m stubbornly holding to the original hands-off approach. I’m not concerned about yield, I just want to see them grow unmolested.

21BD4600-8BAA-45C7-9948-232703FFDD26.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom