Rider’s Final Grow: GCG BOEL Skunk x JohnnyD, aka Thaibodian Skunk

Check out the difference in phenotypes between plants of the same variety. Cannabis is like a box of chocolates...

72851AAA-65A5-4B33-A79F-CF9FD7D55536.jpeg
Awesome growth, and they recovered beautifully.
If this snaggel tooth thin leaf beauty has a good structure......breed her!
Always amazed at your ability to keep things in check..maybe it's because you don't smoke and I have to many stoner moments :rofl:
Great to hear that you might be considering another grow. Do hope it all works out for you.
:yahoo:

Hey Furcifer! Thank you for stopping by. You and I are def thinking alike. That plant stands out from the others and I’d like to see that line continue. But I have a confession to make... I know absolutely nothing about propagation. Seriously nothing, beyond cloning. I have that one lone male that was horribly abused but refused to die. I just read last night that an S1 plant is one that was forced to seed but I haven’t the foggiest how to make that happen.
Do I clone her and keep her going? How do I make her seed? If I cross her with the male will that mess with the genetics? I’m seriously out of my comfort zone here. Any advice? Anyone?

I would at least take a few or more clones to keep it going even if you plan to make seed from it, just in case something doesn't work out you'll still have the clones from it.

If you breed that male you got with that plant in question, it will definitely change the genetics some as they are 2 different plants likely with different characteristics. You wouldn't end up with the same plant as the female, instead you would have variations from both plants in the seeds that are produced. Then you would be pheno hunting with the seeds to find one similar to the female in question.

Hey Rider nothing like teaching an old dog new tricks.
If you breed with pollen from the same seed source (brother/sister). You will more likely get a variety of pheno's that you already have. And you could get a close version of it's original parents.
We can discuss pollination tactics if you like!
Take a clone from the ones that you want to S1 (self) for Feminized Seeds.
I can help you out with the materials and block of instructions to accomplish this.
I've got to run....I'll DM you my email.

Hey, @Furcifer, I read the link you have in your sig on STS. Very cool, and now I see what you meant about it being a more labor and time intensive method. But what a killer way to propagate a specific phenome. I’ll take ten cuttings and root them out. I’m going to STS a couple of plants, and top and train the best of the girls to keep them small through an extended veg. That way I should have seeds from one run of clones. I’m down to give it a shot.

Hey, @Furcifer, I read the link you have in your sig on STS. Very cool, and now I see what you meant about it being a more labor and time intensive method. But what a killer way to propagate a specific phenome. I’ll take ten cuttings and root them out. I’m going to STS a couple of plants, and top and train the best of the girls to keep them small through an extended veg. That way I should have seeds from one run of clones. I’m down to give it a shot.
Good call on preservation of your strain.
That is an excellent writing for selfing a plant and not as difficult as it may sound.
They are not a sponsor, but "Infinity Jars" make perfect storage jars and spray bottles for this. A little pricey though!
Let me know if you need anything.
Good luck!

Amazeballs... :thedoubletake:
Nice they will fit in there for ya without needing to supercrop. That's going to be a bountiful harvest. Awesome job sir!

Amazeballs... :thedoubletake:
Nice they will fit in there for ya without needing to supercrop. That's going to be a bountiful harvest. Awesome job sir!
Ha! Don’t jinx me! So many things could go sideways. I’ve got two humidifiers trying to keep those sweaty girls a bit drier. It’d suck to lose everything to powdery mildew.

Ha! Don’t jinx me! So many things could go sideways. I’ve got two humidifiers trying to keep those sweaty girls a bit drier. It’d suck to lose everything to powdery mildew.
That is very true. Not often I need to worry about the mildew here. Maybe just plucking a few leaves here and there to open up the airways and not have a bunch resting on one another? Couple extra fans blowing mid canopy? Just throwing out ideas, I know you got this.

My five plants are going through 5 gallons a day. I’m starting to think I need to charge them rent.
Good luck getting them to pay their bar tab.... :rofl:

I like the structure of the stalks on them, looks to give them good rigidity and support!

Letting these girls grow naturally has been fun to watch. This madness was inspired by the defoliation vs no defoliation grow that @CigNv did last year, plus laziness on my part, plus just wanting to see what’d happen if I let them grow wild. Thankfully they stopped stretching when the tallest plants hit five feet! I’m out of headroom.
I will admit to taking off a few of the lowest branches that were blocking the path around the outside of the grow room, but other than that I haven’t taken or tucked even one leaf.
I got over 2lbs per plant last grow but I don’t think this grow will even come close, and I don’t care! This grow has been too much fun to even think about yield, and there’s no going back.
Les jeux sont faits !

Should of had a little "Alice Cooper" playing in the background of the video!
Insanity.?....naaa...but, it will get interesting!
Kick your boots up, throw in a bigger fan and watch your ladies dance... :high-five:
They sure are getting fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom