Rifleman's - Multi-Strain Auto Grow - 600W - Hydro

Looked in on my girls this morning and everyone was thirsty, and had grown more ! I'll list that data below. Everyone was given water at 5.7 PH and had bucket PH readings a few minutes later. The last couple of days BK has been lower in PH than the rest, and this morning she is showing some damage. I've included photos of what's going on. I'm guessing a copper def? Upper leaves only so far. I'm not sure where on the ph scale that copper is taken in, buy I think I'm missing it. Anyone else care to put their $0.02 worth in? Confirm my diagnosis, or point me in the right direction? All help is appreciated.

Q1 took 1 gallon, is now 28.75"(+1.75"), PH after watering was 5.8

Q2 took 1 gallon, is now 37.5"(+2.25"), PH after watering was 6.0

ST took 2.5 quarts, is now 19"(+0.5"), PH after watering was 6.2.

BK took 3.5 quarts, is now 42.75"(+2"), PH after watering was 5.7

There will probably be a round of lifting everyone out of their buckets tonight so that PH can be adjusted to 5.80 with hopes that takes care of some of the ugliness that's developing.

20151030_084103.jpg
20151030_084050.jpg
20151030_084018.jpg
20151030_083944.jpg
20151030_083917.jpg
20151030_083902.jpg

No guesses huh? No problem, I believe that I have it figured out. It's a Mg def caused by my low PH. Why is it showing in the upper half of the plant you ask? Because those are the largest and busiest leaves fueling the intense growth. Another reason why I let my girls go natural. I know some who defol at this point to increase bud size, but I think it is detrimental. I might be incorrect, but I'm betting an increase in my PH will fix this.

Is all the damage on top? I notice the leaf margins curled up. I usually think of heat problems when I see leaf margins turned up like that.
I use passive hydro (hempy). I PH down to 5.5. Having previously tested, I know that for the first 3 days my PH will rise ~1 point a day (avg). I feed every 3 days, so my PH without any interaction with the plant will leave at around 5.8.
The plant removes nutrient content from the mix which will also cause PH to rise.

Are your buckets dwc?

A quick peek and a murder. I am so disgusted that all you get tonight is the knowledge that everyone is topped off and bucket PH is 5.8 all around. Growth was less than 1" for everyone in the last 12 hours. Now the murder..........

I was taking each one up out of the buckets tonight. Grabbed Q2 by the base of the stalk to lift, just like I did last grow, and the two plants before her tonight. HORRORS!!!!!!! She gave a snap and lifted right out of the hydroton. Rapid rooter and all. Felt like she broke free from her main root ball. I set her back down in the hydroton and have her tied up for support. She won't stand on her own, and was far enough up that I could see 3" of heavy white root.

I suspect she will be on her way to dead by the morning.....damn. :oops: :rip:

She didn't look any worse when the photo was taken this morning than she did 2 hours after it happened. MAYBE, I'll get lucky and not lose her. :wood: The expected quarter pound + is for sure out the window. Be Careful folks, one stupid slip can cost you time, money, and product.

Hey Bro-
We keep running into each other in other topics. I had to come by and see what you're up to.
I don't do hydro, but I'd love to pull up a pipe in back and learn some new tricks.

:high-five:

Was reading your post on Panama red.I Remember the old school Panama red from the late 70's. $45.00 a quarter in mass. Was loaded with seeds. But the resin and taste was the best weed I ever had. I would smoke that every day if I had some. I grabbed some panama red seeds from a seed bank. Wasn't the same stuff. I can't seem to find the old school seeds. What beautiful pinkish buds it had. I don't do hydro. But it's nice of you to help others with hydro. The set up's and getting going isn't easy for some and can cost a few bucks. It can be a long haul to keep your roll going. It seems like you got it going on.

Hey Bro-
We keep running into each other in other topics. I had to come by and see what you're up to.
I don't do hydro, but I'd love to pull up a pipe in back and learn some new tricks.

:high-five:

Glad to have you along. As you can see I've already made one costly mistake. I like to help people learn but not like that. :biglaugh:

For those following along a brief update as tomorrow is water change day and I'll be taking notes and photos to post again.

Q2 still looks like the photo from this mornings post. She doesn't feel limp at the top where she is bent either. Instead of floppy and lifeless she almost feels like she was trained to droop her head. Just maybe she will survive.

BK you ask? I hope this long legged girl builds buds as well as she grows. My light is within inches of being at max height and she keeps reaching upwards. Tonight she was 45.5" A full 15 cm past her estimated outdoor size.

Photos and data dump tomorrow night. Peace.

Good luck with q2 rifle I hope she pulls through...

Thanks SolMJ, she is still looking the same this morning . Water change is not going to be fun with her flopping around in the basket. On another note BK was 47"....insane I says. :woohoo:

Water Change On Day 34

Q2 looked worse tonight to me. It is less than 50% chance that I don't just pull her and start another Sweet Tooth. I didn't bother to change her water as she hasn't taken in any since the uprooting. I did check her ph and ppm, it's noted below. Everyone else got a bump in nutrients. I haven't seen any burning yet, and have been light on feeding so it was time. BK keeps gaining an inch to three every 24 hours. She received some support around the base tonight, a four point harness to help stabilize her. I really hate hydroton. No matter how deep I plant a seed, when the plant gets some size it becomes unstable. So if you are keeping score she now has a seat belt and pipe cleaners reinforcing the side branches to the main stalk so they don't fall from heaviness later. :) Fingers crossed. Enough rambling, photos and data below. Don't forget the photos are linked to larger versions if you have old eyes like mine. G'nite Everyone.

Q1

PH out 6.0
PPM out 266
Drank 13 quarts
Height 30.75"
Grew 9.75" in one week
Fed 21ml mgb, 9ml Hydroguard
PH in 5.8
PPM in 686
H2o PPM 166
Nutrient PPM 520

Q2