I posted a thread from here on doing it .
Let me see if I can find it again.
Give me a minute.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thank you, @Bill284 !

:reading420magazine:

I actually wanted to buy this for my Monstera a couple of months ago but that's also kinda it, it's 39x38..8l nutrients and 31l medium or 6,8gallon... why not just try that.. I've got a rectangle tent, one of those in the middle, top once, pull out a T left & right on a stick and flower..
1032x1200.jpg
1168x1200.jpg

That looks promising! :thumb:
I'm gonna try that then, I can always still use it for house plants.
There's also a round version, couple of cm's bigger holding 39l or 8,6 gallons vs the 6,8gallon of the rectangular one.

It is a bit different than the grobucket and the drawing shows clay pebbles then soil.
And I can't help it but I kinda want to put a long airstone in that channel and then fill with pebbles and soil.
Put it on a timer to bubble the solution frequently.. or to prevent what I think still might could happen is the roots getting down into the trench in the nutes and then becoming slimy.

But the idea the plant can always take what she needs is very appealing, as well even as the current grow is going great! Thank's to Bill, the last time I grew this strain in a tent was on hydro even though I got solid nugs now those are not the same width and size are the ones grown on hydro.

How long are you planning to veg?
hmm.. I don't know yet how long that would take, two grows ago I tried to pull one plant across the tent but that takes way too long.. but top it and grow it out both ways would I think be considerably less.
Why is there a limit? or go for biggest can size,

Why is there a limit? or go for biggest can size,
Mostly we assume the plant will double in height after flip so it is more related to available head room. The most recent plant I put into flower I vegged for 6 weeks. In the SIP it took about 2 weeks for the seedling to transition its roots and a good solid 4 weeks of veg, but by then it was a nice sized plant for my small space.

Rather than your 'T' I like to do quadlining (link in my sig) which provides twice the nodes for increased production with the same amount of effort.

Mostly we assume the plant will double in height after flip so it is more related to available head room. The most recent plant I put into flower I vegged for 6 weeks. In the SIP it took about 2 weeks for the seedling to transition its roots and a good solid 4 weeks of veg, but by then it was a nice sized plant for my small space.

Rather than your 'T' I like to do quadlining (link in my sig) which provides twice the nodes for increased production with the same amount of effort.
Yeah but I was mainly thinking T as per the rectangular shape of the tent don't have space to expand in the other axises

Yeah but I was mainly thinking T as per the rectangular shape of the tent don't have space to expand in the other axises
I hear you. I did the same thing in my space. My flower space is 36" (1m) wide and I like to do a three plant perpetual so I started manifolding my plants since each gets a space 12" wide by 18" deep. These SIPs grow so well I'm going to go to 2 plants harvesting every 6 weeks rather than 3 plants harvesting once per month.

So I read somewhere in this thread the SIP buckets will air prune themselves once the roots reach the bottom of the bucket, and here I am at 28 days veg with long roots hanging down into my bucket. Not sure what to do about it? Should I trim them off or just leave them be? Its a standard two-bucket setup with a hole in the middle for a small pot with holes in it, and plenty of holes in the main bucket, with an air gap of over 1" between the water and the main bucket and a drain hole above the water line.

That sounds like one vigorous plant! I didn't get those kind of roots in the two buckets I built with that design and was kind of surprised, actually. I'd just leave them to it. They've obviously found the environment to be quite favorable.

here I am at 28 days veg with long roots hanging down into my bucket
I am not growing in SIPS but what you describe is exactly how a tomato plant I grew in a SIPS bucket grew with long roots dropping thru the air gap into the reservoir, and it grew great.

Random thought for consideration. So my grow area is cool now during the winter months. Putting a seedling mat under the res of a SIP will warm the water. It'll be interesting how that may relay into the soil or maybe water is all we need warmed? Cool possibilities!

Still testing positive so not going down there to grow yet. Won't be long!

Random thought for consideration. So my grow area is cool now during the winter months. Putting a seedling mat under the res of a SIP will warm the water. It'll be interesting how that may relay into the soil or maybe water is all we need warmed? Cool possibilities!

Still testing positive so not going down there to grow yet. Won't be long!
Ok so why the frowns? Oh I see, nevermind, I'm fine!

Well, here is a quick update from newbie land! (Warts and all.)

The SIPs are proving amazing!
Everything is the opposite of what I thought it would be.
The NL CBD continues to grow faster than everything else (I guess I need to get more of those seeds???)
This is perhaps not the biggest plant at 22 days, but it is the biggest plant I have had at 22 days!...
It is already showing signs of good side branching, and I should be able to gently and lovingly clip the tip either tomorrow or the next day, to start HST.
NL Long.jpg

This appears to be a short, squat pheno that is my new favorite.
It also seems to have good side branching, and tight nodal spacing.
So far these Pyramid NL CBD are very aggressive growers! (I wish I had a male to make seeds!)
I should also be able to begin HST in a day or two on this one also.
nltight.jpg

The Delicious Candy plants (aka Delicious Cheese) also seem to be doing well, although on average maybe only about half the size of the NL CBD.
Dc.jpg

The Auto Blue Ace seems to have been hit hard by the cold.
Normally they would keep up with Delicous Candy (Delicious Cheese), but they seem comparatively small!
I keep hoping they will take off, but the NL CBD is out-pacing them by a mile.
(Too bad! I love blueberry crosses!)
Abba.jpg

And a progress report...
I plucked out three of the tiny stunted ones that I had to go digging for.
They were standing upright (no hand watering), but they were not doing anything, and I direct-seeded 3 each of 00 Seeds "Afghan Mass XXL Auto" in their place. (Bought from a sponsor.)
CBD content is officially listed as "unknown", but some websites report around 3-4 %. Others list it in the 5%+ category, so we will see.

Manufacturer 00 Seeds
Genetics Critical Mass Auto x Afghani
Variety Mostly Indica
Other Features Dense Buds
Flowering Type Autoflowering
Sex Feminised
THC Content High (15-20%)
THC Content 17%
CBD Content (Officially) Unknown (Unofficially around 3-4 %... We will see...)
Yield High
Yield Indoors: 500 - 550 gr/m2
Plant Height Indoors: 80 - 100 cm; Outdoors: 130 - 150 cm.
Grows Indoors, Outdoors
Max Flowering Time 11 weeks
Flowering Time 75 - 80 days from seed
Harvest Month April - November
Medical Conditions Insomnia, Pain
Medicinal Properties Yes
Taste / Flavour Earthy, Kush
Effect Couch Lock, Powerful, Sedative

Actually, I filled the reservoir.
I will mist them to keep the moist, but as soon as they can stand up on their own, I will stop hand watering, and let them grow roots toward the water source. (Is that a mistake?)
I had the reservoirs full with the other plants, and I was able to stop hand watering fairly early, so I would like to try that again (because it is such a good feeling just to let it go...)

(This is already a long post, but) I will probably also try to plant some more Auto Blue Ace also, to see how they come up if they sit on a heating pad from the start (and thus do not get too cold).
Then I will know if what I am seeing is cold stunting, or just that there are other stronger genetics out there.

Got to run. Thanks everyone for all the advice and help!
These SIPs are amazing!
I met a man who does SWICK commercially, and he says it is equal to SIP, and cheaper, so I hope to dialogue with him.
He uses KNF and other IMOs.
More updates as I know them.
Thanks for this great thread!

Ok so why the frowns? Oh I see, nevermind, I'm fine!
Sorry, Otter! You are like a 747 going over my head...
What meanest thou by these things??....

Back
Top Bottom