Amazing growth or not, I hope you're back to normal soon! :hug:
Thanks Shed, I appreciate it :love: Just working through these 'long covid headaches' and some lingering nausea. I'm a trooper though, don't worry, I'll be back to my normal self soon enough.

Catching up guys wanted to drop photos sorry I've been absent been hectic but getting back on track...happy to see everyone so happy and excited on this thread. I mean, everyone should be cause this does exciting things for our plants!

5 gl self feed pots update:

DAYS 38/39

DAY 86/DAY 36 FLOWER

Wow those look good!
Good job KC!

Thank you Azi. You're kind to me, i appreciate that.

I'm like a dolphin, just have to come up every now and then and when I do I bounce high but when I'm low, I bounce way down there at the bottom of the sea lol hard climbing back on here and being present everywhere I want to be and have the time and attention to give to it.

I figured we would also, since I'm neglecting everything, do a side by side 1 week of growth in these pots.

So we have 1 week ago to the day here

20221104_082915.jpg

Followed by TODAY

20221111_093954.jpg

SIP SIP SIP SIP SIP SIP SIP SIP
WOW!!!

To the day this was how I left them the day I tested positive for the Vid last week, Friday. They are doing phenomenal. The new @Cultiuana CT-720, the pots, the @Prescription Blend the @DYNOMYCO the added bone meal to my normal transfer mix, idk it all adds up to this kind of rapid growth apparently
Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, KC! But I am glad you are feeling better!
Your plants look fabulous!
Thanks for "photo bombing" us!

To the day this was how I left them the day I tested positive for the Vid last week, Friday.
Maybe you should join me on the -acidic side of the tracks...

How Do CBGA and CBDA Interact With the COVID-19 Virus?​

Researchers discovered that CBGA, CBDA, and THCA have properties that might affect the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein in the coronavirus.
CBGA, CBDA, and THCA all have the potential to bind with the spike protein, inhibit entry into the cell, and stop infection. Further testing and computer modeling demonstrated that CBDA and CBGA could block entry of the virus into human cells entirely by binding with the spike protein.
Researchers also found that the higher the dose of CBDA and CBGA, the greater the live virus was neutralized. However, the researchers also note that it is impossible to consume this high dose through smoking cannabis flower. Rather, the compounds must be distilled from cannabis and concentrated. Source

Researchers discovered that CBGA, CBDA, and THCA have properties that might affect the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein in the coronavirus.
CBGA, CBDA, and THCA all have the potential to bind with the spike protein, inhibit entry into the cell, and stop infection. Further testing and computer modeling demonstrated that CBDA and CBGA could block entry of the virus into human cells entirely by binding with the spike protein.
Researchers also found that the higher the dose of CBDA and CBGA, the greater the live virus was neutralized. However, the researchers also note that it is impossible to consume this high dose through smoking cannabis flower. Rather, the compounds must be distilled from cannabis and concentrated. Source
Thanks for that Azi! When that study came out I made CBDa capsules, but neither of my kids were home when they caught Covid this year. :(

To the day this was how I left them the day I tested positive for the Vid last week, Friday. They are doing phenomenal. The new @Cultiuana CT-720, the pots, the @Prescription Blend the @DYNOMYCO the added bone meal to my normal transfer mix, idk it all adds up to this kind of rapid growth apparently
I've seen similar results from converting to SIP, even the External Tank (Poor Man's Sip) style.
Well covered in my 2nd grow link "I think she found the water"

Ok, long story here

But to sum up - read an article that convinced me I was NOT going to get a decent "2nd harvest" of lower bud, and I'm far better off now wasting the resources - so I pruned the EFF out of Bloom Girl (first SIP, external tank, AKA poor Man SIP - drill vent holes in a bucket, fill the "Over Flow" pan, and let the plant drink it up) and saw the main stem for the first time in flipping AGES!!!
Was utterly STUNNED at the size of the main trunk / branches - you can clearly see where it was split when I re-potted, and those branches are thicker than my thumbs! Planning to clip the colas as they ripen, not take the whole girl at once, especially as it appears I'd need my tree lopper to gut that stem! DAMNED sure the Dykes ain't gonna cut it! (Yes, the chopsticks / red wire were used to bind up / support the injury)
Granted, I haven't grown in 30 years, but GOLLY I've never seen indoor stems like that!

Wow those look good!
Good job KC!
Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, KC! But I am glad you are feeling better!
Your plants look fabulous!
Thanks for "photo bombing" us!
Thanks Columbiano! These girls are doing their thing with me sick or not! Happy to share my ladies! I know I'm the step before SIPs kinds but these girls love it and I won't go back to anything else!

I did hear of that and God help me for not getting on the capsule making journey earlier. I was just talking to @West Hippie about this several weeks ago. I want to use my press now for big things, namely capsules. I'd love a link or links to making some. @InTheShed?

I did read a new study showing that multiple reinfections of Covid have unprecendented damanges to many parts of the body and organs, both physiological and physical as well as emotional and mental. I need something
I've seen similar results from converting to SIP, even the External Tank (Poor Man's Sip) style.
Well covered in my 2nd grow link "I think she found the water"

Ok, long story here

But to sum up - read an article that convinced me I was NOT going to get a decent "2nd harvest" of lower bud, and I'm far better off now wasting the resources - so I pruned the EFF out of Bloom Girl (first SIP, external tank, AKA poor Man SIP - drill vent holes in a bucket, fill the "Over Flow" pan, and let the plant drink it up) and saw the main stem for the first time in flipping AGES!!!
Was utterly STUNNED at the size of the main trunk / branches - you can clearly see where it was split when I re-potted, and those branches are thicker than my thumbs! Planning to clip the colas as they ripen, not take the whole girl at once, especially as it appears I'd need my tree lopper to gut that stem! DAMNED sure the Dykes ain't gonna cut it! (Yes, the chopsticks / red wire were used to bind up / support the injury)
Granted, I haven't grown in 30 years, but GOLLY I've never seen indoor stems like that!

I prefer to take all the lower budding growth off too Pete. It makes for a much more large bud rich plant.

Thanks Azimuth for creating this thread and to everyone for their contributions. This is right on point especially since I’m firing off a few new plants and was recently commiserating over the slow start waiting for soil to dry out versus the quick ramp-up for plants grown in hydro.

Your combined pics and tutorials are spot on especially about the need for a “foot” to be used as wicking mechanism plus explaining that it will take time for roots to adjust to a wetter moisture gradient. I’m strapped for cash atm so prolly roll with a home built SIP for now.

I know this is totally anecdotal and proves nothing but….. 2 different strains shown below both hatched on the same day. On the left is a Weeding Cake regular seed in soil feasting on Geoflora organic dry mix and on the right is a feminized Super Silver Haze running P&P hempy style. - (pumice & perlite) she’s soaking her toes in the nute that shall not be named… (yeah it’s MC)

Thanks Columbiano! These girls are doing their thing with me sick or not! Happy to share my ladies! I know I'm the step before SIPs kinds but these girls love it and I won't go back to anything else!

I did hear of that and God help me for not getting on the capsule making journey earlier. I was just talking to @West Hippie about this several weeks ago. I want to use my press now for big things, namely capsules. I'd love a link or links to making some. @InTheShed?

I did read a new study showing that multiple reinfections of Covid have unprecendented damanges to many parts of the body and organs, both physiological and physical as well as emotional and mental. I need something
As soon as I get grasshoppers tops cured enough, maybe next weekend I’ll show from squishing to the final capsule.

Thanks Shed, could very well be it. Don't think there were too many of those floating around back then.

And for those of you wondering how that all relates to the thread topic, with SIPs you typically get a much larger harvest than you're used to so you have some extra bud with which to experiment. Keeping Covid at bay with the acidic versions of the goodies might be just the thing to try.

Dr William Courtney has done a lot of research on using the acidic versions of the cannabinoids to treat various medical conditions with great success. I'll leave you to do your own research on that one.

And now, back to the thread!

You may have answered and I will keep studying here for this but….

My question is how much space for the air gap between drain hole and the bottom of soil? Can it be more space or is that detrimental since roots have further gap to jump??

Help my brain out here please folks!!!
The air gap is generally recommended to be about an inch, but as long as you have a good connection between the upper soil and the reservoir a bit more shouldn't hurt anything. Probably doesn't help either as too big a gap might encourage the roots to dry out which we don't want. And a good connection between the air gap and outside air is important as well. I have my fill tube enter just the very top of my dome.

And the roots will more likely prune themselves rather than jump the gap at least from what I've seen in my experiments.

Back
Top Bottom