Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

I'm still challenged by this myself. If you check out my first journal I was dealing with blissfully fresh natural morning light. It was invigorating! I haven't figured out how to work that out daily without moving all the plants everyday. So not gonna happen.

One of us will figure something out and we'll both end up happy with the pictures.

I'll be taking pictures of Carnival in that light. :hmmmm: How can I set it up the same way? :hmmmm:

If that camera shows up for XMas make sure it has a manual white balance feature. You'd be able to take pictures under the LED that will look like natural light. My camera that did that died so I'm sneaking in the grow room in the dark time and using the flash on this old Sony cam.

Louise is looking great by the way! :thumb:

L8r

Thank you, OldMedUser! I had a camera with that balance on it. I had just found it and was all proud of how nice my pictures were starting to look and then I swept it off the table behind me with my butt when I was opening the tent. Busted it. I am still mourning that camera. lol

Since she is actually taking off. I didnt really think she would, to be honest. I cant help but wonder if her split stem will be able to support the flowers one day when she starts making them, or even the branches as they start to lengthen and become heavier. Im a worrywart, evidently. lol

Worrywort. A definition I saw said wort (or wart) of "worry wort" was chosen as an aliterative sound rhyming with worry, but I have to wonder.... wort is the Middle English (old-ish but not old old) word for an herb, an herbacious plant. Worrying over herbs is often what we do, even when they grow just fine without our worry :)

As for the split being stong enough, feel free to reinforce it. Wrapping in wire, wrapping in grafting tape, stapling, tying a splint, almost anything that makes the split area mechanically stronger will work.:) I suspect, sometimes, a split or other damage is HOW a branch gets stronger

So you're yakking that if the intent is strictly to get high, go with QWISO. If you're interested in getting more bang for the buck and harvest some of those subtle things we don't even realize benefit us, do an alcohol infusion. Did I get that right Rascio? :battingeyelashes:

I'm not the person to ask. When I used to make weed oil, the quality of weed that I could get my hands on regularly was poor, so we wanted every last drop of THC we could get. I used a hot process. I've used isopropyl, isopropyl/methanol mixtures, ether.

As OldMedUser explained, with the quick, cold wash technique, you can still extract the other ingredients using the leftovers from the QWISO.

I have no experience with modern extraction methods. I love to smoke joints, and joints meet my cannabis needs, medical and rec, just fine. Lucky that way. Now just to find the right strains for different occasions . . .

Peace :passitleft:

Worrywort. A definition I saw said wort (or wart) of "worry wort" was chosen as an aliterative sound rhyming with worry, but I have to wonder.... wort is the Middle English (old-ish but not old old) word for an herb, an herbacious plant. Worrying over herbs is often what we do, even when they grow just fine without our worry :)

As for the split being stong enough, feel free to reinforce it. Wrapping in wire, wrapping in grafting tape, stapling, tying a splint, almost anything that makes the split area mechanically stronger will work.:) I suspect, sometimes, a split or other damage is HOW a branch gets stronger

I try to spell all my words correctly, but I do, often, make mistakes. I like that you gave the definition too.

I wrapped some book binding tape around the main part of the trunk, while holding the split together as close as I could, but it was already dry inside that crevice, I dont think it will grow back together, but what do I know? Very little. lol I also wrapped a second piece overtop between the two branches. I dont know if that enough to hold it. I could get some wire, like the failures that I used to tie down Thelma. Let me ask you this: Will her trunk get fatter again, since she is revegging and growing like a plant would with all her former requirements? I ask because if I use wire and she will still grow in girth in her trunk then it will cut into it, right? If not, then it wont matter.

I try to spell all my words correctly, but I do, often, make mistakes. I like that you gave the definition too.

I wrapped some book binding tape around the main part of the trunk, while holding the split together as close as I could, but it was already dry inside that crevice, I dont think it will grow back together, but what do I know? Very little. lol I also wrapped a second piece overtop between the two branches. I dont know if that enough to hold it. I could get some wire, like the failures that I used to tie down Thelma. Let me ask you this: Will her trunk get fatter again, since she is revegging and growing like a plant would with all her former requirements? I ask because if I use wire and she will still grow in girth in her trunk then it will cut into it, right? If not, then it wont matter.

If she grows in girth she will grow around the wire - - but It will take more than a few weeks - - I don't think she will grow enough to make a difference EXCEPT to heal damage. so...

I guess the short version answer is "I dunno."

The person I would ask is Ranger275 - I haven't seen him here in about a month :(

I'm all caught up, Sorenna! Great journal, and the timing is perfect. I just decided this afternoon to re-veg the HarleSin clone that I have been harvesting feminized pollen from. I'll give it a couple more weeks to make sure I have enough pollen for seed making, then I will cut her back and re-veg. I just want to see what she will do after a nice veg time. Will she just hermie and make nanners again? I am looking forward to finding out!

Also, QKrop I believe, mentioned a high CBD strain for your hubby. Personally, I love the high CBD's. Great, very light high. CBD's tend to be good in helping with inflammation which plays a big role in pain. If you can get your hands on some it would certainly worth a try. If he doesn't care for the smoking, the veggie glycerin tincture really is simple to make. You could also make up some turmeric capsules, really good for inflammation!! I hate that people live with pain!

Enough blathering from me.... for now..... :;):

MagicMediwanna! Big :welcome:

How cool it is that there are a few revegs going on recently. I think its a lot of fun, something I didnt expect to see so early in my growing "career". haha But I admit, I am fascinated. I read somewhere, cant recall where exactly, that sometimes a revegged plant will double or even triple its harvest. Thats pretty exciting. Itll be interesting to see if I find that to be true.

Very interesting about the high CBD strains. I knew I wasnt looking at it from all the angles. Thank you. You made me think of a description of a medicinal type plant. Unfortunately, its not coming to me what strain the description was about nor do I remember who said and on what journal. I do recall that I commented about how much I liked it at the time, so I can find it that way. Im pretty sure it was a medical strain that someone just really loved. Something for me to hunt for the answer. :blushsmile:

I guess Ill be at least looking into high CBD strains after all.

Oh, and feel free to come and blather here all you need. :)

I'm all caught up, Sorenna! Great journal, and the timing is perfect. I just decided this afternoon to re-veg the HarleSin clone that I have been harvesting feminized pollen from. I'll give it a couple more weeks to make sure I have enough pollen for seed making, then I will cut her back and re-veg. I just want to see what she will do after a nice veg time. Will she just hermie and make nanners again? I am looking forward to finding out!

Also, QKrop I believe, mentioned a high CBD strain for your hubby. Personally, I love the high CBD's. Great, very light high. CBD's tend to be good in helping with inflammation which plays a big role in pain. If you can get your hands on some it would certainly worth a try. If he doesn't care for the smoking, the veggie glycerin tincture really is simple to make. You could also make up some turmeric capsules, really good for inflammation!! I hate that people live with pain!

Enough blathering from me.... for now..... :;):

High Magic

It will hermie again. Jorge Cervantes calls such plants intersex plants. It's in the genes.

I've had arthritis for 10 years or so now and use turmeric and other things as I can't tolerate NSAIDS. The last 3 years it's been getting real bad but since I've got into making my own caps it's lots better.

I get organic powdered turmeric from the health food store and add 10% by wt. ground organic black pepper. The piperine in the black pepper makes the curcumin in the turmeric much more effective. Also organic cayenne and MSM in separate caps. MSM is methylsulfonylmethane, a form of organic sulfur and sold in caps of 1000mg locally but I got a pound of the crystals for a lot less than buying caps. Also got a pound of 00 caps for a deal as the lady was moving her store. About 8000 caps in a lb so for $80 it was a good deal and I'm all stocked up for a while.

The combo seems to really help. Still have pain but down to a 3 from a 6 easy. Maybe it's the gelatin in the caps but fingernails are finally strong and don't split anymore and my hair is losing it's grey and going back to ginger.

I take a lot of other vitamins, never eat junk food or drink sodas or juice from concentrates either. Lots of good healthy coffee and cannabis. :) Don't take any pharma drugs except for demerol and that's more for fun on rare occasions than real need.

Growing some high CBD pot is next on my list as soon as I can get my buddy to send me some beans.

L8r

It will grow into the wire and can eventually cut in so bad it will choke off the plant and can kill it. I had one split doing a ScroG as I didn't allow for upward growth of the plant and the crotch split wide open as the plant grew up against the fixed screen. Forgot about the wire and when I finally remembered it was buried in the stem. I just cut it with some end cutters and left it as I would have ripped the stem bad trying to get it out. Plant grew fine and I'm still smoking the proceeds! :)

L8r

High Magic

It will hermie again. Jorge Cervantes calls such plants intersex plants. It's in the genes.

I've had arthritis for 10 years or so now and use turmeric and other things as I can't tolerate NSAIDS. The last 3 years it's been getting real bad but since I've got into making my own caps it's lots better.

I get organic powdered turmeric from the health food store and add 10% by wt. ground organic black pepper. The piperine in the black pepper makes the curcumin in the turmeric much more effective. Also organic cayenne and MSM in separate caps. MSM is methylsulfonylmethane, a form of organic sulfur and sold in caps of 1000mg locally but I got a pound of the crystals for a lot less than buying caps. Also got a pound of 00 caps for a deal as the lady was moving her store. About 8000 caps in a lb so for $80 it was a good deal and I'm all stocked up for a while.

The combo seems to really help. Still have pain but down to a 3 from a 6 easy. Maybe it's the gelatin in the caps but fingernails are finally strong and don't split anymore and my hair is losing it's grey and going back to ginger.

I take a lot of other vitamins, never eat junk food or drink sodas or juice from concentrates either. Lots of good healthy coffee and cannabis. :) Don't take any pharma drugs except for demerol and that's more for fun on rare occasions than real need.

Growing some high CBD pot is next on my list as soon as I can get my buddy to send me some beans.

L8r

Thank you, OMU! So, I used colloidal silver on the plant for feminized pollen. If I reveg her/him and it develops nanners, that pollen won't be feminized, will it? Hmm... interesting! I will do some reading! I also use fresh ground pepper in my turmeric caps. I make a separate capsule with a ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon (couple of other things) mixture. The MSM I am not familiar with.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Sorenna! I'm going to enjoy watching your re-veg!! :morenutes::morenutes:

I wasn't aware that you femmed it with CS so it may just grow out to be hot sexy lady again. I'm planning to do the same thing eventually with the CS I make.

Be interesting to see what happens with a reveg.

L8r

UPDATE: Day 22 - Louise and Mystery

Howdy yall. :blushsmile:

Louise got a drink of water, finally. But that was all, just water. Now if her leaves curl up, I might give her acid. lol Shes fluffing out a little bit more. I swear I see pistils on her, surely thats not normal under 18/6. I cant be sure, yall know how I see things that arent really there. Im thinking about flipping her already. Shes way bushier than she was last time. I havent decided yet. Its not quite 4 weeks yet.

The little one, Mystery, has not seen fit to show its little head yet. Its only about a week, so Im starting to get concerned, but not really. If it pops, great, if not, then itll prolly make my life easier anyway. haha

Theres really not that much to report, so Ill just leave yall with a couple of (terrible) pictures.

louise8192.jpg

louise8191.jpg

Tata for now!

Keep her in veg Sorenna. She's just getting started.

She'll be prone to showing little flowers Sorenna but shouldn't bud up until you flip her.

SweetSue's got it right. Let her go for while and get a nice crop off her.

L8r

Thank you, OldMedUser. :) I didnt know she would still make little flowers and thats what I needed to know. Im not crazy, Im not crazy! lol So those really are pistils. Yay!

I didnt mean I was going to flip her immediately, but I am thinking about it. Shes grown a lot in the last 2 weeks. I have high hopes. Nope, I wont ask yall to pardon that pun. hehe!

Not really.

I just recall how long her branches got last time. There were 4 of them and some assorted smaller branches at the bottom. Really long branches. lol

I think yall might all shoot me for this, but right at the moment I still prefer the taste of bag weed. The stuff I grew didnt have that marijuana signature smell, not like Im used to. I missed it. lol Having said that, I just loved, loved, loved the smell of both of those girls' buds. Im odd, I know. Its okay, yall will get accustomed to it. lol

Back
Top Bottom