Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

Hahaha! Me too! LOL!!!

I get so frustrated when they start abbreviating the strain names, particularly when you start talking about crosses. :laughtwo: Is it a man thing that they can keep all that information compartmentalized? I follow so many journals, how could I keep all that straight?

Ha! Its very possible. lol I was telling my husband the other day that I dont think I could do a perpetual such as yours, because Im just not organized enough to keep all the different feeding schedules straight. Im still waiting for a magical shop vac to come and vacuum out the bottom of my tent of all its dropped perlite and gnarled leaves.

When you find it send it my way! Hahaha! I was down in my stomach yesterday rolling around in it and thought "Susan...maybe a dust pan????" :laughtwo:

lmao

Sure am glad you're back Sorenna. :love:

What is a QWISO?

Quick Wash ISO

You keep the ISO and the pot in the freezer. The pot should be in the jar/bottle that you will use to add the ISO to for your extraction and in the freezer too. Have another jar and a filter basket fitted with a coffee filter in the freezer to ready to go and a table or something nearby to put it all on. A clean net pot can work well to hold the filter. Some people say to use 2 filters but it's not going to do much as they are the same mesh size. Do not grind the pot in a blender! There will be so much very fine dust that the filter will plug up right away. A screen the mesh size of mosquito netting is more than fine enough and even just chopped up trim and broken buds works fine.

Take everything out and quickly pour iso over the pot enough to cover it a good inch. Then swirl the jar around for maybe a minute while holding it up and watching for a hint of green. Soon as you see that pour the iso thru the filter into the other jar. Add another good shot of iso to the jar with the pot to rinse and quickly swirl for a sec then pour that thru the filter into the rest. I like to pour the rinse into a 2nd jar to keep the first wash as pure as possible.

There will still be some resin left in the washed pot that has medicinal properties and can be recovered. Either add some iso to it and let it soak for a few days to a month at room temp or more then extract that to make a lo-buzz oil to add to other oils/butter for eating in baked goods or dilute with something like coconut oil for eating a spoonful here and there.

The pot can be left out to evap off all the iso then booze like the 151 rum or everclear can be used to make a tincture that won't get you very high but will contain a lot of the cannabinoids that were left over after the quick wash. Waste nought want nought. :)

The iso can then be evapped off the original wash by whatever means is best for you. I distil mine to recover the iso then pour the last of it and the iso used to rinse out the still into a Pyrex pie plate and set that on a pot of simmering water. I put the hot plate with the pot of water out on the tailgate of the pickup in the carport to get rid of the last of the iso. Use a pot that the plate can sit in at a bit of an angle so that it all pools at one side. Or put something under one edge of the hotplate to give the whole thing a slight tilt of a few degrees. Once it all cooks down put a couple drops of water in it and stir until the water is gone. Then you know all the iso is gone as well.

If done right the oil should be a dark golden brown and if smeared across a rolling paper will look like BHO.

L8r

Thanks for yall explanations. Itll be a minute before I can try any of it, but I have it in writing for later. #1 Practical Perk of keeping a journal. :blushsmile:

+reps to both!

Double post. :oops:

Id like to grow that one for my hubby. My problem is that he doesnt tolerate cannabis that well. It makes him physically sick, most of the time. Once in a blue moon he can tolerate it and the one he liked the best just happened to taste like blueberries. Id like to experiment with edibles for him. He comes home from work, working an 8 hour or a 12 hour shift, and he can barely move his back hurts him so bad and that causes him not to sleep properly. I cant help but wonder if a nice indica in an edible form would help him some.
:thumb:

Back problems, knee problems are no joke. Sucks how he can't really enjoy cannabis, which I believe can help him throughout the night. Have you looked into CBD strains?
But edibles should be good. I haven't done none myself. Don't know why. Need to get some of that cann butter. Blueberry Blueberry muffins don't sound too bad. :thumb:

:thumb:

Back problems, knee problems are no joke. Sucks how he can't really enjoy cannabis, which I believe can help him throughout the night. Have you looked into CBD strains?
But edibles should be good. I haven't done none myself. Don't know why. Need to get some of that cann butter. Blueberry Blueberry muffins don't sound too bad. :thumb:

That is certainly true! I know mine only hurts sometimes, because Im getting old, lol, or if I do something stupid like picking up my sleeping son from my bed. Turns out, hes heavier than he looks and I paid for that for 3 months, with pain that shot from the small of my back down my right upper leg. It was torture. Cannabis does help. Since Ive tried it for myself, no one can persuade me differently.

Im not sure about the CBD strains. It doesnt seem that would induce sleepyness or dull pain? I was thinking it might be the more physical aspects of the high that did that. Maybe Im not thinking about it right. Im not against it, by any means.

And yum on the blueberry muffins. I was thinking that myself. He can eat one, and hes always hungry after shift, when he gets off. If all goes as Id like, then hell be awake for an hour, two at the most and sleep better and more comfortably until the next day. I like this much better than popping Tylenol and Ibuprofen every day. MUCH better.

Im wondering why youve had 3 harvests and you havent made any butter yet? lol

Hand up in the air. "Over here!" Three harvests, no, make that five harvests (the last two were these tiny plants that have carried me for a week each) and no butter yet. The 4.5 oz from my first harvest Dale and I ate daily to survive the nursing home. Then it's been a scramble to stay ahead of the game as I get the perpetual up and running.

Truth is, when you need to sacrifice an ounce of decent buds to get butter that will actually do something serious, you need to grow quite a bit. Alternatively, you can do what BAR does and stash sugar leaves and popcorn buds in the freezer until you have enough. He harvests continuously. BAR and Ziggy are living the edibles life we aspire to. :laughtwo:

ISO - Isopropyl alcohol ... concentated rubbing alcohol.

BHO - Butane Hash Oil.

As I understand it, the quick wash isopropyl technique is a way to get mostly THC.

In an alcohol infusion, an effort is made to get the less soluble ingredients into the product. But thats just book-learnin' and yakking

So you're yakking that if the intent is strictly to get high, go with QWISO. If you're interested in getting more bang for the buck and harvest some of those subtle things we don't even realize benefit us, do an alcohol infusion. Did I get that right Rascio? :battingeyelashes:

That is certainly true! I know mine only hurts sometimes, because Im getting old, lol, or if I do something stupid like picking up my sleeping son from my bed. Turns out, hes heavier than he looks and I paid for that for 3 months, with pain that shot from the small of my back down my right upper leg. It was torture. Cannabis does help. Since Ive tried it for myself, no one can persuade me differently.

Im not sure about the CBD strains. It doesnt seem that would induce sleepyness or dull pain? I was thinking it might be the more physical aspects of the high that did that. Maybe Im not thinking about it right. Im not against it, by any means.

And yum on the blueberry muffins. I was thinking that myself. He can eat one, and hes always hungry after shift, when he gets off. If all goes as Id like, then hell be awake for an hour, two at the most and sleep better and more comfortably until the next day. I like this much better than popping Tylenol and Ibuprofen every day. MUCH better.

Im wondering why youve had 3 harvests and you havent made any butter yet? lol

Yea I haven't really looked into making my own butter. Seen a couple videos here and there. I'll rather try making some wax/hash. Need to concentrate on making quality buds. Quality fat buds. I'm still a novice here but will improve and I'm pretty sure you will too. Your journal floods :thumb:

UPDATE: Day 22 - Louise and Boarder

Hi everyone. :blushsmile:

I followed Radogast's advice and snipped the greenery off the upper most branches. When I opened the tent, I was pleasantly surprised to see that her lower growth had risen to a point where it was even with where the upper growth started. Nevertheless, I chopped those 2 bits off. Now when I look at her, its much easier to think.. shes a plant, not a reveg, shes come into her own all over again. Its so fascinating to watch. She looks like a normal plant. No more mangled leaves, no more (hopefully) wilty, yellowing leaves.

Since she is actually taking off. I didnt really think she would, to be honest. I cant help but wonder if her split stem will be able to support the flowers one day when she starts making them, or even the branches as they start to lengthen and become heavier. Im a worrywart, evidently. lol

The new one has not come up, not even a little peep from it. Its only been 3 days, so Im not concerned, just impatient. Each time I check in the tent, I lay the backs of my fingers lightly over the surface of the soil to feel it. Its moist but not wet. This morning the top was starting to dry to the touch so I put an inch of water in a drinking glass and drizzled it over and near the planting site. Not enough to wet it, just enough to keep it moist. I hope Im doing it right. lol

Here is Louise after her haircut: She doesnt seem all that resentful, yet. Shes a bit vindictive so Ill have to wait a couple days to know for sure. haha
louise8151.jpg

You can see the left over sticks from the cuts on the lower left of the picture. You can also see some spotting in some of the leaves. This concerns me a little, but I thinking its from the heat debacle the other day. Its not new, not getting worse, so Im just noting it now to keep an eye on, but I think its nothing.

louise8152.jpg

I didnt bother to take another picture of Mystery's (I think Ill name it that, unisex and I dont know what it is, perfect, I like it) pot of soil. It looks exactly as it did 3 days ago.

I hope yall have a great day or night! Toodles~

She's beautiful Sorenna. Gorgeous pictures. I kinda like the pink tones of the LEDs, and you got a nice balance there.

She looks so..... normal. :laughtwo: :love:

Yay! While I was working up that update, my children, one by one, asked to go spend the night with friends. So its just me! Im kinda shell shocked. lol I dont remember what alone at home means.

Im gonna pack a bowl and go sit in the middle of the livingroom and smoke myself silly, just because I can. :) And then paint.

:high-five:

I know how rare that is! Enjoy.

She's beautiful Sorenna. Gorgeous pictures. I kinda like the pink tones of the LEDs, and you got a nice balance there.

She looks so..... normal. :laughtwo: :love:

Thank you. Its very difficult to take pictures now. And the hoops I have to jump through to get them from that crappy phone to my computer is just ridiculous. lol Im putting a decent camera on my Santa Loves Me list.

The camera must have gotten some recently, it only took one really blurry picture this time. I opted for the LED's in the pics because last time when I turned it off, I didnt like the way the pictures came out with the CFL on, just from one side. It was odd, so back to pink for me, I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom