Spart's Auto Test Run With 300W Mixed CFL

Not sure gonna have to look next chance I get sorry no harvest photos my phone was/is broken.
The wet weight was 93 grams of well trimmed buds. The smell is kinda a reminder of peppermint with hints of black pepper.
So total wet weights from this run were 103grams Sweet skunk auto, 93grams white yoda and 63grams of West coast og. So the total weight was 259 grams wet so take off about 70% so about 75-80 grams dried. I'll try to get pics if I can get time and a camera

Awwww...I turn my back for a week and come back to find it's all over. Beautiful grow, Spart. I understand the need to take a break from journaling - it is a bit overwhelming with everything else going on in life. But I hope you at least remain an occasional presence and pop in from time to time to share your knowledge with us. I appreciate the help and encouragement you gave to me!

Just popping in to move this journal to completed. I've dropped more beans and might be starting a new journal in a week or two.... maybe...
In any case the northern yoda is amazing smoke real minty and fruity. I've made bit of butter with all the trimmings it's very nice really relaxing smoke.
The new run will be a mix of the same strains only in 4 x 6l pots this time. I might just poke around the fourm til the next run when it will be a all new setup with all new lights and possibly another tent :p

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Well I know this journal is done and over but i just wanted anyone who was interested to know is that the Northern Yoda is growing still she has been harvested more then a month ago I left her on my terrace for a few weeks was going to throw out the soil and stem but she was growing again so i left her grow she is now flowering... weirdest little thing I've ever seen.
Also vote for your favorite Buds and people and plant of the month in the monthly contests!!
2012-07-27-1833.jpg

2012-07-27-1835.jpg

Hi I just read through your journal, loved the info I'm mid way through a CFL grow too. I saw that your harvested auto was re- flowering! I've seen a few on here try to do that like it can be done on Reg photo strains. Did anything come of it? Did you keep her still?
Peej

Yeah I still got her she's still on the terrace I've just started to give her Bloom and topmax she's going to end up giving another 10is grams but she's taking forever to do anything I think it's really not worth it but I don't need the pot so why not right.:thumb:

Spart will you post some pics if you get a chance when she's done again? I'd really love to see if the bud quality is similar to the first harvest.
Obviously if you'd prefer not or forget then don't bother lol
Peej

yeah alright I'll post some pictures later on in flower this is a completed journal but I'm sure a few more before second harvest again. :thumb:

So i cut down the tiny bud that was growing on her she's got about 20% amber so she's good enough plus i want the pot to grow some other flowers that are suppose to attract lady bugs. All and all if you don't leave a few budding points I highly wouldn't recommend it I'll post some pics later got a bit of running around to do right now. It's really leafy took me about 20 minutes to trim up the possibly 4 grams the bud it self smells really nice minty again with fruity/woody undertones just like before I flushed for the last week well ten days got a bunch of sugar leaves but not enough to do anything with. In the time that it took to grow this one bud I grew plants that are now 60cm tall in the tent hell I got another sweet skunk out doors that's 30cm tall. All and all I think it's not worth the time, even more so since in a month more time I'll have 5 plants done with 10x as much bud. So later on I'll post pics of the final bud. Really not to impressed with it but guess it doesn't matter I didn't need the pot at the time.

:Namaste: and :high-five:
After my current run I'll be doing a sponsored journal probably starting in about a months time.

It's interesting to see that it worked and it produced a smokeable bud and I'd love to see pics.
I'm sure I saw someone who was attempting to re-veg autos.
After what you have said I wouldn't waste light on mine when I chop my auto on the off chance something similar may happen to me. I have no outdoor space in my flat and wouldn't want to spend the electric on it.
Thank you for showing the experiment though!
Peej

Okay if you don't have the extra place or don't need the pot for anything then yeah sure try to re veg an auto. But take a look at the following pictures and tell me it worth it.
The bud I got off the re veg auto
2012-07-27-1901.jpg

What's in the tent now same amount of time
2012-07-28-1906.jpg

my sweet skunk
121070.jpg

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:The bud does look nice but not worth it unless you got a spare pot

Seriously man, that is a sick grow. Nicely done!

I hope you don't mind but I'd like to pick your brain about the cfl? I'm a relatively newbie, I had a few successful grows using a 125w dual spec a few years ago but life got in the way and I had to shelve my hobby for a bit. My hubbie (in his infinite wisdom!) threw out the bulb and hood (dumbass!) during one of our moves so now I'm trying to source a new kit.

When googling reviews on the superplant bulb, I came across your thread and have read it from start to finish with eager eyes. Your grow looks great but you were never happy with the bulb, can you elaborate please? Can I also ask you to clarify the kelvin rating? The reason I ask is because I'm interested in getting this bulb but the kelvin range is different to the typical range of 2700k and 6500k, on this bulb is 2100k and 6400k, giving lumens of 13500. My grow set up is a small closet with room for 2 plants, 3 at a stretch.

Before anyone suggests HID or MH, I know they're better but for my purposes they're just not suitable.

Cheers! :)

That's the same bulb as I have except mine the colors are split straight down the middle half is "red" or the 2100k and the other "blue" half is 2100k so it give me the chance to change the spectrum in from grow to flower by turning the bulb. To be honest for the money I wouldn't ever get a cfl setup again the light has to be way to close to the plants the penetration is only about 5cm into the plant at 15cm away from canopy, it's hard to keep between the bulb and canopy cooled to due to the light being so close, it's just a headache ever step of the way. Depending on your size of space I'd go with a LED setup like the Mars Hydro reflector48 or the 400w series 2 with the price of the cfl compared to the prices of LEDs I would definitely go with the led. They would probably end up being the same price as well with the exchange from Euro to USD. I'd say give one of there sale reps a message on Facebook and see what kind of deal they can give you.

LED Grow Lights
A sales managers Facebook profile
Tina Chou | Facebook

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Appreciate the advice Spart, thanks for your feedback. Not sure about the LEDs, conversion to EUR and the inevitable import tax will make them pricier than I can afford right now but if i can source them closer to home at a reasonable price I'll give them a shot. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom