Hey Krip! Quick question for you. It slipped my memory but did you end up keeping your mutant polyploid? I just found one of my seedlings is a triploid and I’m hoping she does well but not sure yet haha
My mutant was the conjoined twin - it wasn't a polyploid. I did keep it, it's still in a 2" container and healthy, but I haven't cloned or sexed it, yet.

My mutant was the conjoined twin - it wasn't a polyploid. I did keep it, it's still in a 2" container and healthy, but I haven't cloned or sexed it, yet.
Ah ok my mistake I knew you had a mutant just couldn’t remember what haha !

This is my BadAzz Kush Seedling showing her 3leaf formation lol (hope you don’t mind the picture!)

Krip, does that Kind light come fully featured for smaller models? My rooms are only 4x4, so what, the 750 for something that small? Also, does your fixture have any far red diodes for the emerson effect? I assume that's what the sunrise and sunset is doing is the emerson effect, which brings yet another question, does it shorten finish times? It would be badass if one can grow a 10 week strain in 9 weeks. I'm not a fan of blurples, but when I watched the review of your 1000 on your page one, I liked what I saw. It's like your fixture is both smart, colorful/otional, plus the layout is like a blend of the COB and QB approach. The remote control is the cherry on top. That's a badass light none the less!

Krip, does that Kind light come fully featured for smaller models? My rooms are only 4x4, so what, the 750 for something that small? Also, does your fixture have any far red diodes for the emerson effect? I assume that's what the sunrise and sunset is doing is the emerson effect, which brings yet another question, does it shorten finish times? It would be badass if one can grow a 10 week strain in 9 weeks. I'm not a fan of blurples, but when I watched the review of your 1000 on your page one, I liked what I saw. It's like your fixture is both smart, colorful/otional, plus the layout is like a blend of the COB and QB approach. The remote control is the cherry on top. That's a badass light none the less!
I believe the 750 has the exact same features at lower power, but, TBH, I'd go with the 1000 for a 4' x 4' (which is what I'm running it in, now). The 1000 is rated for a 5' x 5' but the light needs to be pretty high above the canopy to get that kind of footprint. I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a veg light in a 5' x 5', though!

It does have BOTH IR and UV on the C-Channel, but these diodes are mixed with the rest of the micro-spectrum so you really can't use the light for the Emerson effect. I did discuss the possibility of this with KIND and I'll simply say that they were way ahead of me and to keep an eye on their upcoming products. ;)

I don't know about finish times, yet, since this is my first grow with this light, so stay tuned and we'll all find out together! :high-five:

so you really can't use the light for the Emerson effect. I did discuss the possibility of this with KIND and I'll simply say that they were way ahead of me and to keep an eye on their upcoming products. ;)

I don't know about finish times, yet, since this is my first grow with this light, so stay tuned and we'll all find out together! :high-five:

What was their opinion about the Emerson effect? As is, I believe it's just an unproven theory floating around, but if your light doesn't create it, I don't see how it will finish your haul any faster.

What was their opinion about the Emerson effect? As is, I believe it's just an unproven theory floating around, but if your light doesn't create it, I don't see how it will finish your haul any faster.
As far as I know, the Emerson Effect is valid and not theoretical. If the light finishes the plants quicker, it won't be due to the Emerson effect but possibly triggers flowering a little early, or something else. I don't expect to see any dramatic decrease in finish times with this light, though.

DAY #2 OF 12/12 PIC DUMP

There's not much to report today. All the girls are looking good and got a Transplant drench today. The colas on Orient Express #2 are a little spindly, so we'll see how that one goes, but the colas on all the Bubba Hash plants are some of the thickest I've seen, so I'm hoping for some big buds on those.

Here's some pics for today:

Happy Harvests!

K

Do you have experience with the strains you're growing now, enough to know their finish times? If the Emerson has validity, I have to believe you're getting some of it from your sunrise/sunset effects with the reds. Maybe it might only shave off a few days, maybe not, I hope so though.

Do you have experience with the strains you're growing now, enough to know their finish times? If the Emerson has validity, I have to believe you're getting some of it from your sunrise/sunset effects with the reds. Maybe it might only shave off a few days, maybe not, I hope so though.
This is my first time with these strains. I think, to have the Emerson Effect, the IR would need to be isolated on it's own channel.

I need to go back and re-read up on Emerson, but as I recall, there are two different "effects".

One is the combination of red with far red to increase photosynthesis. I would imagine I am seeing that benefit.

The second effect has to do with providing far red after lights out which allows you to run more light hours during flower without re-triggering veg. For that, Far Red would need to be on it's own channel.

You're right. It's the ratios between red, far red and infra red that creates the shortening effect. I doubt the panel has a far red channel, so it won't have the full Emerson effect.

:Namaste:

DAY #3 OF 12/12 - THE STRETCH IS ON! :morenutes:

Today is day #3 of 12/12 and the girls are starting to stretch and fill up the netting; and, the new growth tips are getting that "frisky" lime-green color that comes at the onset of flowering.

Here are some pics from today:

Growing with the High Brix Kit is pretty easy and uneventful, so there's never really too much to report except another drench or foliar, but I'll keep posting the pics and updates and, in about 3 weeks, things should start getting exciting when the trichomes start showing up. ;)

Happy Harvests!

K

Drive-by

Better late than never................. Is this going to be your new current grow?

GL Girls look quite happy.. Keepem Green

Yikes! I think i can actually see them stretching! Lol! They aren't taking long to "take off" i see.
I have to admit that things look pretty damn good in there Krip! You're doing an excellent job at journaling all of your activities and updates also.
*tips hat and smiles*

"My man..." :passitleft:
...Fake!... :eek:;)...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...
Looking good brother! :high-five:

Thanks, Guys! :thanks:
The real fun is just about to get started! :yahoo:

Drive-by

Better late than never................. Is this going to be your new current grow?

GL Girls look quite happy.. Keepem Green
Thanks, Brother, and glad you made it! :high-five:

Well, this is definitely going to be (or, is? :hmmmm: ) one of my TWO current grows! :rofl:

I'm doing this sponsored grow in my 4' x 4' (main) tent and this journal will be active until the sponsored grow is complete. I will continue to monitor it after, as with all my previous threads.

My Tales From The Krip journal is basically my "permanent home" and I have the 2' x 2' setup running some non-sponsored stuff and starting some breeding. That journal will stay active. ;)

Back
Top Bottom