WELL, THIS IS GONNA HURT THE YIELD! :(

Y'all remember Orient Express #1 that I said was gonna be a "monster"?

Well, I think I should have said she was gonna be a "Mister"!!! :thedoubletake:

And, this is no hermie, IMHO - this is a solid male!

I've never had that happen before with feminized seeds and, honestly, am pretty disappointed since this will significantly reduce the yield.

When I noticed this, I turned off the fans, snapped a few quick pics to post, and cut her down stalk-by-stalk as gently as possible. The trellis netting didn't make it easier! :rolleyes:

Luckily, with today being day #8 of 12/12, we're still early enough into flower that it doesn't look like any pollen dropped, yet, and I was careful as hell not to be the one to be spreading the pollen as I took down the plant. :dude-knocking:

Just hoping I don't wind up with some "Bubba Express seeds" at the end of it all! :rofl:

Since it's early enough into flower, I'm contemplating dropping one of the Dark Devil Autos where OE #1 used to be. I'd prefer to give the autos more than 12 hours of light, but I have a bunch of the DDA seeds and it may be worth putting it in just to fill the space back up.

It breaks my heart seeing that big empty spot in the canopy! :rip:

Happy Harvests!

K

Stoney grows his DDAs in his flower tent - swears by it! :thumb: Maybe throw in 2 of them ...
Actually, while I'd prefer to do 20/4 for the autos, it would have been worth it to me to drop the seeds EXCEPT, after thinking about it carefully (including preparing the container!), I just don't think it will be worth it from a time perspective.

If I were to drop some DDA seeds today, I gotta estimate it would be real close to 90 days to harvest (30 days to start flowering plus maybe another 8 weeks? :hmmmm: ) but the rest of the tent should be harvested in about 60 days. Rather than running the 4' x 4' tent with one plant for 30 days, I'd just assume sacrafice the yield this round and get another five plants started in 60 days, or so. If I didn't have the trellis netting I could "stagger" in the plants, but even so, I'd rather keep them all on the same relative schedule.

Also, since thanks to the last couple of rounds I have plenty of meds on-hand, plus the small tent with the PKB's are due for harvest in about 30 days, then the four plants left in the 4' x 4' 30 days later, there's no chance of me running out any time soon! :dude-knocking:

TENT IS FULL AGAIN!...WELL, NOT QUITE....

Sometimes you're so focused on one way to solve a problem that you fail to look at other ways...Or, maybe, sometimes you're so stoned, you just fail to see the obvious! :rofl:

I'm not sure which one it was for me yesterday :bongrip::hookah::bong::roorrip:, but I found an easy solution to my "down one plant" issue.

For some reason, I was considering one of the Dark Devil Autos to replace the male Orient Express I had to cull and was thinking, as an auto, it would be the quickest to harvest.

The whole time I wasn't even thinking about the veg tent full of photos I have that I have been complaining is over-packed! :laugh:

Hell, I'm only 8 days into flower. Another photo won't have any germination or veg period and will only be something like a week behind IF I don't harvest it a week early, which wouldn't be the end of the world, either!

In fact, it was a tough decision as to which photo to go with. I have a couple nice, mature IHG Dolatos and a Cali-Connection Blackwater that were close to being picked, but I ended up going with one of the IHG Platinum Cakes.

I was planning on running the PCakes this round, anyways, so I had two plants ready, both of which I'd been putting off trimming and were a decent height.

I did LST the colas to spread them out, a little, and she's definitely much shorter than the others, right now, but in another couple of weeks, I think she'll be pretty close to the others and will have filled up the void in the tent.

I'll take a couple clones from the other PCake this weekend to start vegging for next round and will get some pics posted later today.

Happy Harvests!

K

DAY #9 OF 12/12 PLUS THE PCAKE AT DAY #1

It's been 8 days of 12/12 for what's left of the original plants and the new Platinum Cake will be getting her first day of 12/12 today.

I continue to be impressed at how sturdy these Bubba Kush plants are with their huge leaves and thick stalks.

Here's today's pics:

Here's the new Planum Cake:

Happy Harvests!

K

WELL, THIS IS GONNA HURT THE YIELD! :(

Y'all remember Orient Express #1 that I said was gonna be a "monster"?

Well, I think I should have said she was gonna be a "Mister"!!! :thedoubletake:

And, this is no hermie, IMHO - this is a solid male!

I've never had that happen before with feminized seeds and, honestly, am pretty disappointed since this will significantly reduce the yield.

When I noticed this, I turned off the fans, snapped a few quick pics to post, and cut her down stalk-by-stalk as gently as possible. The trellis netting didn't make it easier! :rolleyes:

Luckily, with today being day #8 of 12/12, we're still early enough into flower that it doesn't look like any pollen dropped, yet, and I was careful as hell not to be the one to be spreading the pollen as I took down the plant. :dude-knocking:

Just hoping I don't wind up with some "Bubba Express seeds" at the end of it all! :rofl:

Since it's early enough into flower, I'm contemplating dropping one of the Dark Devil Autos where OE #1 used to be. I'd prefer to give the autos more than 12 hours of light, but I have a bunch of the DDA seeds and it may be worth putting it in just to fill the space back up.

It breaks my heart seeing that big empty spot in the canopy! :rip:

Happy Harvests!

K
Ouch! That sucks Krip but I’m glad you filled the void with a platinum cake! That should make up for the bad OE!
Garden is booming and things are looking green and mean! Keep it up brother

WE'VE GOT FLOWERS - BUT, YOU CAN'T SEE 'EM! :sorry:

The three Bubba Kush plants and the remaining Orient Express are all showing some good flower development now that it's day #10 of 12/12 so I took some quick pics to post and, when I transferred them from my camera to my PC, I can see that, although there's some cool pics, they really don't accurately show where the flowers are at.

So, I'm gonna try to get some better pics later tonight since I get better pics when the room is totally dark.

In the mean time, here's what we got:

Happy Harvests!

K

Great mornin to ya Kripperman..and friends..Some nice green over here. You gonna get rid of that 'net thing' ...seems to be IN THE WAY........:surf:
I actually like using the net since it helps me spread out the colas and it gives support to the taller colas. It's a PITA to move the plant in those #10's, anyways. It's usually only in the way during harvest and, admittedly, I've accidentally cut through the net a couple times and just re-tied where I had cut! :rofl:

This issue was somewhat of an exception with having to cull a male from feminized seed. I only use feminized seeds or clones from sexed plants for anything besides breeding to avoid that exact issue! :rolleyes:

DAY #11 OF 12/12 - LET THE FLOWER PICS BEGIN! :yahoo:

When I posted the pics earlier today, I said it was day #10 of 12/12. That was incorrrect - it's BEEN 10 days of 12/12 and today will be day #11 (once lights go out! ;) ).

Also, these pics do a much better job of showing the flower development than the last set:

Happy Harvests!

K

HUGE BUBBA KUSH LEAVES

I was talking about those huge leaves on the BBK but none of the pictures really gave a good idea of just how big these things are.

I just defoliated a few leaves and here's one of them pictured on top of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of computer paper:

These things are HUGE! :morenutes:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom