I need a good wand first....:passitleft:about 3 feet would be nice. .....:reading420magazine:

I've seen 16" to 26 -1/2" exendable wands at Princess Auto. How big of a tank do you want? They have them from 1 gal to 25 gal, although I suspect the 25gal tow behind is a little on the large size.

Yeah. This one would saturate the leaves pretty quickly for the foliars. Here’s a pic. Makin rainbows! Lol
BD90EBB2-2D25-4A69-B357-28C2F5486EDC.jpeg

Roll over image to zoom in

Garden Sprayer -Heavy Duty Telescopic Brass Wand & Shoulder Strap. Hand Pump Pressure Sprayers for Spray of Fertilizer , Pesticide , Insecticide & Weed Killer in Lawn , Deck & Windows Cleaning at Home (3 Litre)

by GardeniaHOME&GARDEN

4.4 out of 5 stars 12 customer reviews
| 5 answered questions

Price:CDN$ 46.85 & FREE Shipping.

1 new from CDN$ 46.85
Size : 3 Litre
  • 3 Litre
  • 5 Litre

• Metallic Telescopic Spray Wand extends up to 76cm & a second Complimentary (Non Extendable Metallic Lance) added in Free. Curved Nozzle to accurately Point Spray at a Specific Target with adjustable Spray Pattern from a Straight Jet Stream to Fine Mist. 50-inch Long Hose & Extra Long Spray Wand enables you to Keep Spray Sprinkles at a Safe Distance from you.
  • Shoulder Strap to Carry it around Hands Free & Conveniently during Spray. Glove Size Ergonomically Built Handle & Funnel top to avoid Spills while filling the Tank. Cleanable Anti Clog Filter & Built in Safety Valve to avoid & Release over Pressure Built up in the Tank.
  • Made of Easy to Clean Removable Parts to Keep Whole Spray Kit in Good Working Condition. Hand Pump Pressure Garden Sprayer is made with Prime Grade non-Corrosive Polyethylene. Its Strong and Sturdy, yet very Light Weight.
  • It is a Versatile Sprayer, a must have for every home to take care of a range of spraying activities like, Fertilizers, Herbicides, Pesticides, Watering Delicate Plants and Spraying Detergent while Bathing Pets, Washing Car, Windows or Deck.

...lotsa wands out there that adapt to many/any sprayers with 3/8 or 3/16 hose...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:

I have a "GroundWork" half gallon pump sprayer from Tractor Supply and the wand is about 16" long. I can reach in pretty good with it, and I just tested it outside for better view, the mist is half decent, but it's still droplets whereas spray bottles spray more of a steam of finely atomized droplets so you can apple less and not spray it out with pressure. The good news is that it only spray upwards about 2' or less, but I still desire a spray bottle type of spray.

For what it's worth, I've always used the solo sprayer with the extendable wand. I found that the 1 quart bottle will fit the cap of the 2 quart extendable model, so I swapped 'em. That's the issue for me and most sprayers - too much volume in the bottle. I never need more than a half quart of foliar, so anything bigger than a quart is clunky and wasteful.

I see people complain about the mist, but mine has always been very fine. But the only thing I can compare to is the flairasol which was great while it/they worked. :straightface: I rinsed carefully each time but within a couple dozen uses it quit. I went through 2 of 'em before I gave up.

Ideally, I'd find a good adjustable brass nozzle wand and attach it to my solo bottle. The solo pump works great, even after 4 years of use. It has a plastic screw fitting for its own wand, and I bet a guy could find a matching fitting to attach a quality hose and wand.

I'm wondering if I can't hack a spray bottle, put the spray head parts at the end of a wand and design printable connecting pieces that work like a throttle/brake cable in a car/plane/bike. I really want the super fine mist, long reach and a hand pump which lets me adjust pressure by how hard I squeeze. If I come with anything worth sharing, I'll put the CAD and print files on Thingiverse and share.

I'm wondering if I can't hack a spray bottle, put the spray head parts at the end of a wand and design printable connecting pieces that work like a throttle/brake cable in a car/plane/bike. I really want the super fine mist, long reach and a hand pump which lets me adjust pressure by how hard I squeeze. If I come with anything worth sharing, I'll put the CAD and print files on Thingiverse and share.

^
^
Entrepreneur alert. :slide:

I've scoured 'zon and 'bay, and have yet to see a decent low volume garden sprayer. We need brass nozzle, hose, small bottle pump. Simple. :hmmmm:

^
^
Entrepreneur alert. :slide:

I've scoured 'zon and 'bay, and have yet to see a decent low volume garden sprayer. We need brass nozzle, hose, small bottle pump. Simple. :hmmmm:

Why not get a larger one, say a gallon size, and put an insert in it to reduce the volume for the liquid? The extra space around the insert will keep the pressure more consistent, and you won't have to stop and pump up the pressure every leaf or two.

I was looking at that one at the hydro shop today...the nozzle isn't short it pulls out quite far. The end piece can swivel in all directions...most importantly up.
Screenshot_20190518-150536_Samsung Internet.jpg
That looks like the exact one I have (only my wand isn't "telescoping"). The nozzle is about 8" long, or so, and doesn't actually extend, but it hasn't given me any problems in a little over a year of use! :thumb:

I was looking at that one at the hydro shop today...the nozzle isn't short it pulls out quite far. The end piece can swivel in all directions...most importantly up.
That’s the 420 model I have.

Why not get a larger one, say a gallon size, and put an insert in it to reduce the volume for the liquid? The extra space around the insert will keep the pressure more consistent, and you won't have to stop and pump up the pressure every leaf or two.

Like dropping a flexible bag into the 1 gallon? That'd be cool - just like the flairasol.

All you need is a hose between the bottle and wand. :thumb:

Bottle in one hand, wand in the other, spray wherever you like.

That looks like the exact one I have (only my wand isn't "telescoping"). The nozzle is about 8" long, or so, and doesn't actually extend, but it hasn't given me any problems in a little over a year of use! :thumb:
That’s the 420 model I have.
:thumb: Yep. It’s great. I like a finer mist for the Brix & destress indoors, I use a smaller one for those cause of the volume thing that gray mentioned too.

And,
All you need is a hose between the bottle and wand. :thumb:

Bottle in one hand, wand in the other, spray wherever you like.
Brilliant man. :nerd-with-glasses: That would be ergo-comfortable indeed! I wonder if this would be also possible with a smaller pump spray device, or if it would lose pressure
I do CNC lathe work every day....I cut NPT threads all the time. A little cutting and pasting and that could be turned into a wand I guess ;)
Something like that would be easy to send anywhere, wouldn’t it? :D Wow - a hose like that on these Solo sprayers woul be awesome too, excellent thought Gray, got me thinking :hmmmm:

I have that one. Great for leaf wash but not fine-misty enough for the regular foliars.

Somebody made a diy extension for a fine mist sprayer, was a while back and I don’t remember who :hmmmm:

@Gazoo

Sounds kinda like the one Gazoo made.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom