Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

D019017D-B73B-4A4D-85BB-6384F1615483.jpeg

I’ll take some pictures unboxed before I mount it. The old ballast I was using was about 4-5 years old and it was given to me by a friend the brand was “ipower”.. I’m hoping this new galaxy will show me the true potential of the hortilux bulb. Time will tell.

Okay so the install went smooth and when the timer came on, everything started up smoothly and the soft start was back. So we are up and running! This ballast is running on its lowest setting (600w) so I’m thinking down the road I might build a dedicated flower room and use my 5x5 for veg and 2x4 for seedlings or possibly breeding tent? Just brainstorming. Here’s a picture of the new heart and just as the light was coming on.

A295EABE-E6F0-4D21-8CC1-3F8C5E99BD54.jpeg
D7C69B31-B01F-4024-B9F5-3C216402CC53.jpeg
D3ACEF38-BBD5-4759-BF69-1F5FDA8EDFA0.jpeg

Just flushed both pineapple chunks with 5gallons of 1/4 strength nute solution at a ph of 6.7.. run off came out at 5.9. I think my rust spots are a calcium deficiency. I read calcium is absorbed best above 6.2 . Maybe I shouldn’t worry about them i don’t know. I could be over thinking things. Just want them to have optimal growth since they have a slow start dealing with my old grumpy ass

Glad to see the new ballast up and going. Where are the bad spots showing up at? Are they increasing?

Honestly scattered.. hard to say really sorry man. I think I’m going shopping for a 50 gallon potable water grade drum. I like GT’s style with the float switch. Then I could flush with the 15 gallons that I think each of them were to need for a real flush. Unless I read that wrong. Regardless an endless supply of RO with no waiting sounds fantastic!

Looks good. You always stay busy and it shows. Very nice and happy garden.
Thanks GT, I appreciate the kind words man. You all on 420 inspire me to try to keep at it. The waiting game will take a toll on you that’s for sure. I hope I can have success with my bubble buckets like you have. You do very impressive work. Thanks for always stopping by and chiming in.

My first thought was that they were sweating on themselves. If the leaves are stacked on top of each other (touching) where your finding the spots that would be the problem. But looking back at your last several feed charts I think you may be on the right track with calcium deficiency.

My first thought was that they were sweating on themselves. If the leaves are stacked on top of each other (touching) where your finding the spots that would be the problem. But looking back at your last several feed charts I think you may be on the right track with calcium deficiency.
I didn’t even think of that, good thought. Thanks man

Veg update:

So I put these PC clones in the hydro buckets when they just barely were showing roots (I jumped the gun I think) well I still don’t have roots in my Rez. Well I very noob like pull the left clone out of the stones TO FIND 2” roots covering the bottom of this thing! I panicked and ever so gentler nestled her back into the stones... she’s crooked and sad looking but I think she might make it if I didn’t damage her to bad... there was little to no resistance when I pulled her out. So I am hopeful. The clone on the right bucket seems to be healthy and will hopefully be showing roots in the Rez soon!
-The cheese cuttings are still running their course in the dome. No roots.
- skunk OG bagseed is looking good imo hopefully it’s a female.
F076A125-9EB3-41B2-9075-7E36D8B97890.jpeg
259C3002-B179-4A4C-91FF-CDFF31795E07.jpeg

LOL! I’ve literally done that myself before. I recommend NOT doing that. :tokin:

Here’s some advice my Grandpa gave me a long time ago:

“Don’t touch that!” “Leave that alone!” “Everything’s a phucking project!” :rofl:

When they are small, with little or no roots showing, I find it best to top feed until the roots get settled and are reaching for the nutes. I use a small pitcher and just dip it right in the bucket I’m top feeding. Although, if you didn’t clean your hydroton well enough, you’ll notice rusty looking roots...not that I’ve ever done that before. :Namaste:

LOL! I’ve literally done that myself before. I recommend NOT doing that. :tokin:

Here’s some advice my Grandpa gave me a long time ago:

“Don’t touch that!” “Leave that alone!” “Everything’s a phucking project!” :rofl:

When they are small, with little or no roots showing, I find it best to top feed until the roots get settled and are reaching for the nutes. I use a small pitcher and just dip it right in the bucket I’m top feeding. Although, if you didn’t clean your hydroton well enough, you’ll notice rusty looking roots...not that I’ve ever done that before. :Namaste:

Hahaa thanks GT sounds just like my old man and his. If she dies on me I have plenty of cuttings on their way for back up haha. That’s what they are there for. I top fed them last night. I washed that damn hydroton so many times I thought I was going to lose my mind.. just used straight water though do you add h202 for your pre rinse?

I use plain tap water to rinse. I’m on a well so there’s no chlorine and the PPMs are only about 150. Cleaning hydroton is one of those “projects” I really despise.

Edit: In the past, I would reuse hydroton, but now I’m lazy and buy a new bag when needed. Why? Because I can!

I use plain tap water to rinse. I’m on a well so there’s no chlorine and the PPMs are only about 150. Cleaning hydroton is one of those “projects” I really despise.

Edit: In the past, I would reuse hydroton, but now I’m lazy and buy a new bag when needed. Why? Because I can!

I like the idea of a fresh bag as well. Keep the slime away haha

Flower update:
Okay so it’s day 15 since the flip, trying to get my ph above 6.2 (aiming for 6.7). Pineapple chunk #2 got a 2 gallon feed today @

Calmag: 5ml/gal (200ppm)
Micro: 4ml/gal
Grow: 2ml/gal
Bloom: 8 ml/gal
Emerald goddess: 8ml/gal
King kola: 8ml/gal
Honey chome: 8ml/gal

Ph: 6.5 1040ppm

9574DCB6-91AD-47B0-897B-BE304C199668.jpeg
6CAB1950-F3FA-48BD-998D-04D8EC4A411D.jpeg
F8F4F07B-196E-4DA1-8EDE-00EDD5F2AC89.jpeg

Pineapple chunk #2 pulled out for water