Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

Flower update:
Okay so it's day 15 since the flip, trying to get my ph above 6.2 (aiming for 6.7). Pineapple chunk #2 got a 2 gallon feed today @

Calmag: 5ml/gal (200ppm)
Micro: 4ml/gal
Grow: 2ml/gal
Bloom: 8 ml/gal
Emerald goddess: 8ml/gal
King kola: 8ml/gal
Honey chome: 8ml/gal

Ph: 6.5 1040ppm

9574DCB6-91AD-47B0-897B-BE304C199668.jpeg
6CAB1950-F3FA-48BD-998D-04D8EC4A411D.jpeg
F8F4F07B-196E-4DA1-8EDE-00EDD5F2AC89.jpeg

Pineapple chunk #2 pulled out for water
C5512804-4FF6-4C9D-B901-9FE8D00E4581.jpeg
5CB3BE9A-F4DC-4F32-902C-9159C673665F.jpeg
Woohoo! Looking good man .

Yea the little systems just don't produce tons of water. If you can keep the supply water temps down it will help the production. They also have booster pumps that will help. But the simplest way is just get another vessel to fill with it. I prefer one with a lid.

I’m considering using a big brute trash can with the float valve GT mentioned earlier. With some wheels under it maybe. Seems like it would be more affordable. However I’d love a big official blue potable water barrel. I’m wondering if I don’t ever mix anything in it and strictly use it for water storage with an airstone/lid/ and maybe some h202 ever once in a while... would the brute plastic leech into the water?

I'm considering using a big brute trash can with the float valve GT mentioned earlier. With some wheels under it maybe. Seems like it would be more affordable. However I'd love a big official blue potable water barrel. I'm wondering if I don't ever mix anything in it and strictly use it for water storage with an airstone/lid/ and maybe some h202 ever once in a while... would the brute plastic leech into the water?
Pretty sure the brutes are HDPE so you should be fine with just water in it. The kicker is that it's RO water so it will try to leech everything it touches. It can dissolve a lot of things when left in contact long enough. I know they say drinking it when dehydrated can actually do as much harm as good. Hopefully a water chemistry guy can chime in. But I would think your good to go just don't use it for 10 years before replacing it.

Pretty sure the brutes are HDPE so you should be fine with just water in it. The kicker is that it's RO water so it will try to leech everything it touches. It can dissolve a lot of things when left in contact long enough. I know they say drinking it when dehydrated can actually do as much harm as good. Hopefully a water chemistry guy can chime in. But I would think your good to go just don't use it for 10 years before replacing it.

Thanks for the info man. That’s interesting about the RO and dehydration. That might be getting me. I’m always dehydrated. Hopefully a water guru will chime in but I’ll do some reading as well.

Quick Veg Update:

I peeked in the veg tent before work just making sure temps were good over night. Got a great little surprise, the right hydro bucket (pineapple chunk) showed her first root poking into the Rez! Only about 1/2” long straight and white. I almost touched it because I didn’t believe it HAHAHA I reminded myself what GT said HEY DONT TOUCH THAT :biglaugh: I’ll check on it after work and give you all a look as well. It put me in a good mood this morning that’s for sure. Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for the info man. That’s interesting about the RO and dehydration. That might be getting me. I’m always dehydrated. Hopefully a water guru will chime in but I’ll do some reading as well.

Like TB said, most of the large containers that are listed as HDPE you should be good to go. I’ve been using mine for a little over 2.5 years and only wash it out once a year. Never had any issues yet. It’s nice to always have an ample supply of RO.

Congrats on the roots bud! Always nice when you see those babies! Very well done man!

Thanks GT and thanks TB, the DWC roots make it exciting to come home after work to see the progress!

I bet. That's one thing that has always appealed to me in soil vs hydro/aero actually being able to physically inspect the root zone.

I bet. That's one thing that has always appealed to me in soil vs hydro/aero actually being able to physically inspect the root zone.

Yeah man it’s pretty cool watching how fast the roots grow! Blows my mind, I’ll go give another update on it after work. I just checked and that main root hit the water line finally and there is a handful more roots poking out the bottom. My cheese cuttings are finally taking to root also.. thinking about culling the PC in the left bucket since I disturbed her roots.. at the least, I’ll pull her out since she hasn’t dropped roots past the 6” net pot and gently put her in some promix.. and see what happens.

Thinking about grabbing some colloidal silver or something along those line to reverse pollinate either the Chunks or the Cheeses and hopefully let pollen drift across and REALLY turn this into a pineapple cheese tent. Just brainstorming. I would love to have a stock of good feminized beans

Back
Top Bottom