Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

Yo bud! Sorry I’m late...I was in hell...ummm, I mean the hospital. All good now!

Your flowers look beautiful!
No worries GT! Hope you feel better and got all fixed up. I hate the hospital but sometimes it’s absolutely necessary. If you wouldn’t mind scrolling back a page on my journal and peek at my veg DWC roots.. some weird shit happening

No worries GT! Hope you feel better and got all fixed up. I hate the hospital but sometimes it’s absolutely necessary. If you wouldn’t mind scrolling back a page on my journal and peek at my veg DWC roots.. some weird shit happening

Is the brown stuff smelly and slimy? Usually, the brown roots look a lot more “sick”, for lack of a better word, and the sick sections tend to become slimy or mushy and start twisting together. They won’t have any of that nice fish bone. Yours don’t look like that to me. Also, a weed plant with root rot will tend to always look droopy with severe leaf damage. The plant will look sickly...yours looks okay. They also tend to appear to be severely over or under watered. Again, yours don’t appear that way.

However, because cannabis root rot can be caused by different pathogens, a solution that solves the symptoms of root rot for one grower may not necessarily work for another grower.

“Some varieties of root rot mostly affect the roots below the surface of the water while the roots located above the waterline stay white and healthy. This phenomenon is part of why it's often recommended that hydro growers maintain at least a small amount of air gap under the net pots. Oxygen-rich moist environments (including that misty air gap) make it very difficult for root pathogens to grow.”

I’ll trade you your brownies for mites... just a thought. :Namaste:

Are you using Hydroguard or Z7? Both work and work pretty well. My guess is that’s some nute stain or hydroton dust. Clean your bucket and watch it. You can also trim roots...I’ve done it before.

Is the brown stuff smelly and slimy? Usually, the brown roots look a lot more “sick”, for lack of a better word, and the sick sections tend to become slimy or mushy and start twisting together. They won’t have any of that nice fish bone. Yours don’t look like that to me. Also, a weed plant with root rot will tend to always look droopy with severe leaf damage. The plant will look sickly...yours looks okay. They also tend to appear to be severely over or under watered. Again, yours don’t appear that way.

However, because cannabis root rot can be caused by different pathogens, a solution that solves the symptoms of root rot for one grower may not necessarily work for another grower.

“Some varieties of root rot mostly affect the roots below the surface of the water while the roots located above the waterline stay white and healthy. This phenomenon is part of why it's often recommended that hydro growers maintain at least a small amount of air gap under the net pots. Oxygen-rich moist environments (including that misty air gap) make it very difficult for root pathogens to grow.”

I’ll trade you your brownies for mites... just a thought. :Namaste:

Are you using Hydroguard or Z7? Both work and work pretty well. My guess is that’s some nute stain or hydroton dust. Clean your bucket and watch it. You can also trim roots...I’ve done it before.

Hey man thanks for all that great info. I trimmed a little affected root and wiped the weird stringy brown stuff off to reveal a nice white root underneath... thinking maybe like you said I didn’t rinse the hydroton well enough hmmm... I’ll clean it all out and see what happens. She is still growing below and above the surface.. paranoia got the best of me. Spider mites are no fun. Bugs give me the Heebee jeebee’s.

You’ll get em knocked out. Sorry to hear about your current bug battle. And sorry your “friend” “smoked” 2 zips of your primo.. hopefully it wasn’t the grandpa glue? Funny how quick close ones get greedy or try to say oh 2 zips to you is nothing so who cares.. a bunch of damn takers. Sorry bro.

Got me all worked up over here lol

Hahaha! Yeah, it was the Glue, but I’m okay with it. He actually helped me out in a pinch. If not for him everything would be dead...Although, he did phuck me from behind with no mention of a courtesy reach-around. Just sayin. :passitleft:

Hahaha damn. Atleast it’s all alive like you said

Flower tent just got past their 30 day mark in flower. Hoping they will finish up in about 6 weeks.. or so. All the youngins in the veg tent are looking happy in their new homes. Now it’s just crowd control and handing out nute rations to the ladies until they get to go sit under the sun in the flower tent. Woohoo!

Mites have been sprayed twice so far. I’m going to hit them another good one in a few days.

I have a completely hidden grow in my shop. I even have water and a sink in there. You can’t tell it’s even there unless I want it known. I designed it before I became a medical patient. Wasn’t sure my state was going to allow it at the time so I was prepared for hidden. I also don’t let many people locally know that I grow anyway. Keeps the thieves at bay...

Mites have been sprayed twice so far. I’m going to hit them another good one in a few days.

I have a completely hidden grow in my shop. I even have water and a sink in there. You can’t tell it’s even there unless I want it known. I designed it before I became a medical patient. Wasn’t sure my state was going to allow it at the time so I was prepared for hidden. I also don’t let many people locally know that I grow anyway. Keeps the thieves at bay...

That’s badass, yeah I want to be in my shop and walk over to my bookcase and pull the secret lever and walk into candy land haha

That’s badass, yeah I want to be in my shop and walk over to my bookcase and pull the secret lever and walk into candy land haha

You’re not too far off. I walk through my shop, and man cave area, to the back wall and roll a large 8 foot tall, vintage bakers cabinet out of the way, revieling a door that leads to my little grow. There’s no way to tell the cabinet has casters on it until it’s moved a special way. It’s fun. I have family that have worked in my shop for hours and still don’t know it’s there. However, if I had it all to do again, I would’ve made it bigger.

Back
Top Bottom