Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Sorry to hear about your cousin and good on you for helping him! I really don't know much but I think he needs to take as much as possible, may need to work up to it building his tolerance and taking the oil as a suppository is the best administration option, caps are hard to do that way, a 3ml syringe is much easier. I've seen that very high number/cost for RSO because you need a lot. If you look up making RSO, you'll find he starts with a pound I think and that winds up being like 1 month supply. Hoping it works for him. Sending healing vibes! :Namaste:

Thoughts and prayers out to you and your cousin Van. You are an excellent grower and you're taking on being a caregiver which is a hard thing to take on at first but as with my daughter what did i have to lose. The best thing is you're know here on this great site with people wanting to help you with this new adventure. Just do some research and post what you feel you need to find out. You'll have a good game plan in no time.
Best of luck and let me know if you need anything.

Sweet sue is a v
99%

This is why you're here. This site offers the support you need as a caregiver, not just with recipes and techniques, but with support to help you to be able to help your cousin. Hit up those links and post what you know. Beginning the dialog there is the first step.

Who knows if it will work, but the thing we do know is it can't hurt to try.
very confident and helpful person I am sure her and many others there and I mean your stank they should respect what you are doing and try to help aid you in the right steps . Good for you stank I agree not the best caregiver myself just a grower who loves growing the plant.

...first of all...it's care giver...not cure giver, although, we have to hope that is the ultimate outcome...:Namaste:...I'm sure he feels more comfortable dealing with you, as family, rather than a stranger...even the stress of financial burden when one is so sick, can be a detriment, IMHO...man, if I was stateside, I could try a covert mailing and send some older indica stash to kick start the process, or even dedicate a plant next run, towards this worthy cause, however, cross border does limit the opportunity to help...good luck and best wishes...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Sorry to hear about your cousin's health.
It's always hard to break new ground. You always have been a caregiver, but as a warrior and provider. Now as man who has the gift of two green thumbs and means of growing this weed of wonder you will shift your mindset to "whatever it takes". You already have.

Thanks Shed.....

Fucked up part is he is looking at me like I am a Doctor or something. I have been sending him the capsules we take as well as flower to smoke and he says they are helping but dude I am so out of my league with this. But I am apprehensive in sharing any of this "whoa...slow down cousin, I am just offering up things that might help and don't put too much hope into this" because.....well at this point the dude doesn't have much of an alternative. I know a positive mindset is key for him and I don't want to do anything to alter or impact that one bit.

I know enough to not show him any weakness or doubt from my end....I just keep responding with "whatever you want to try, you let me know and we will hit that thing with everything we have, it won't stand a chance" but man, the feeling on the inside aren't anywhere near that calm confidence. But if me giving him hope for a bit means me picking up the worrying for him. I don't want to tell him not to buy the treatment. How the hell do I know if its going to work for him or not. How do you put a price tag on a chance at life? But then I sit there and think, who is this asshole selling this stuff anyways? I don't know the quality of his meds or how he grows, and if dispensary weed is any indication of what the quality is like, I know mine will be better than 95% of the stuff out there. But then I think....who are you kidding dude, you are just a guy in a basement, what makes you think you are fit to even try to help this guy. What if he dies trying your treatment instead of the stuff the asshole is selling? Talk about having a fucked up head right now LOL.

Growing is so much easier than being a care giver....my hats off to those of you that do it. Its not something I excel at.
7k for a RSO treatment??? Wow. Pardon my french, but Fuck that guy! I have been making RSO for my wife for about 5 months now. She is battling stage 4 breast cancer. I am sitting here typing this as she is getting a chemo infusion actually. If you need any help with RSO I can help. Neiko makes good stuff. I learned a few tricks reading his tutorial after I was already making it. Your cousin is in my prayers.....

7k for a RSO treatment??? Wow. Pardon my french, but Fuck that guy! I have been making RSO for my wife for about 5 months now. She is battling stage 4 breast cancer. I am sitting here typing this as she is getting a chemo infusion actually. If you need any help with RSO I can help. Neiko makes good stuff. I learned a few tricks reading his tutorial after I was already making it. Your cousin is in my prayers.....

Since you & I are using the source one turbo, please post those tips.

Yeah, Neiko puts the strained alcohol back in freezer for 24 hours to seperate plant waxes. I was just washing, straining, and reducing. Now I wash, strain, chill 24 hours, strain, reduce. It gets a cleaner product that's all. @overlord you may already be doing this though, I dunno.

...first of all...it's care giver...not cure giver, although, we have to hope that is the ultimate outcome...
Yes, so this! Although we hope and pray for our loved ones to be cured (best case), worse case we help them live their final days as full and comfortable as possible. There are a lot of factors at play that even the most gifted caregiver would have trouble overcoming. But rest assured, as someone who has watched this disease take its terrible toll on her brother, that providing as much comfort as possible will do much for your well being as well as theirs. I wish cannabis was an option for my brother when he was alive. We can't win them all....when God wants you , He will call you home despite our best efforts to buy more time.

Yeah, Neiko puts the strained alcohol back in freezer for 24 hours to seperate plant waxes. I was just washing, straining, and reducing. Now I wash, strain, chill 24 hours, strain, reduce. It gets a cleaner product that's all. @overlord you may already be doing this though, I dunno.

Yeah, I use the dry ice method.
everclear in one jar, bud in the other. One hour in the dry ice, with a slight shake every 15 minutes.
Then strain and reduce, it is also helpful once you have your clear mix, to let it come to room temp as it helps keep condensation under the source turbos bowl to a minimum.

Yeah, I use the dry ice method.
everclear in one jar, bud in the other. One hour in the dry ice, with a slight shake every 15 minutes.
Then strain and reduce, it is also helpful once you have your clear mix, to let it come to room temp as it helps keep condensation under the source turbos bowl to a minimum.
I need to try the dry ice. Not sure were in grocery store to find it though?

Thanks everyone. Yeah I have a good handle on how to make it. Trying to score some 190 Everclear to make a small batch tomorrow to get him started on.

My biggest issue right now is just quantity of indica buds. I have plenty of Sativa and a shit ton of Sativa in the flower tent (Tangie Ghost Train, Amherst, ATF, DTF) and even a few hybrids (2 Stankberry and a White Widow) but only one indica (Hindu Kush). I need to weigh up what I have for indica buds. See what I have to work with. I know I don't have a pound and even with the Hindu coming up for harvest in the next two weeks, I don't think I have anywhere near a pound. I have more Sativa than I know what to do with honestly.....but thats my preference for smoke.

Downfall is I don't think I can produce the difference between now and when it will be needed. I am toying with a couple thoughts. One is I have a few ounces of that fluffy white widow (generally used for oil or topicals) and even though its not an indica, its a pretty mellow hybrid. The other thought is I could add a couple ounces of the BCP as well. Its an indica dominant hybrid but not indica. I don't have a lot of BCP left....2 jars I think....so maybe 4 ounces. I will need to keep an ounce in reserve for my night time meds but I can use whatever I have left over. Replacing the BCP will be a breeze. I have a clone I can flip any day that should yield me 12+ zips but thats 10 weeks away.

I have the Northern Light clone thats pretty big and ready to flip as well. I have to cut a bunch of clones off her and try to get rooted for a quick turn around. I will use the Malted Barley on them to try to speed up their flower once I get them rooted and going. I figure I can flip the mom in a day or two and she should produce 6+ zips. But again, thats 8 weeks at minimum once I flip.

I am so frustrated with the situation as it sits but I can't change it....only do what I can. I won't get caught with my pants down like this again in the future. Knowing the requirements of RSO now, I will make sure that I am prepared for this situation in the future. This puts a hold on all my seed making plans until I can get the medicine cabinet where it needs to be for family and friends.

This is where I hate plant counts. I know people often ask, why would you need more than 12 plants.....well you don't until you do. This whole situation has shown me that I need to sandbag indica flower and keep a pound in reserve just for such a situation.

I need to try the dry ice. Not sure were in grocery store to find it though?
Yeah... our local HEB sells it. It's in a white cooler up by the bagged ice. Most stores around here sell it that way. Around $7 if I remember correctly

:high-five:

Yeah... our local HEB Carrie's it. It's in a white cooler up by the bagged ice. Most stores around here sell it that way. Around $7 if I remember correctly

:high-five:
Thanks! Someone told me HEB has it, but I am a weird, antisocial, introvert, high AF when walking around HEB and hate asking questions. Haha :thanks::bong:

99%

This is why you're here. This site offers the support you need as a caregiver, not just with recipes and techniques, but with support to help you to be able to help your cousin. Hit up those links and post what you know. Beginning the dialog there is the first step.

Who knows if it will work, but the thing we do know is it can't hurt to try.

Thanks Shed, I appreciate it. I gotta get the garden where it needs to be first (clones cut, indicas flipped, light movers installed, new indica seeds dropped before I dive into that stuff. I appreciate the links and the support from all you guys (gender neutral reference btw for you ladies out there who might be wondering).
Sorry to hear about your cousin and good on you for helping him! I really don't know much but I think he needs to take as much as possible, may need to work up to it building his tolerance and taking the oil as a suppository is the best administration option, caps are hard to do that way, a 3ml syringe is much easier. I've seen that very high number/cost for RSO because you need a lot. If you look up making RSO, you'll find he starts with a pound I think and that winds up being like 1 month supply. Hoping it works for him. Sending healing vibes! :Namaste:

Thanks Ween. Yeah I know the amounts needed are high. I have the weight, just not in the strain I would like. I just hate he is in a state with limited support, so far away and he really knows nothing of it an I am not really sure how much family support he has there. He doesn't have the money to pay for the RSO from the guy trying to sell it to him so he's kind of holding on to a thin rope of hope at this point. Hoping we can throw him a life preserver.

Thoughts and prayers out to you and your cousin Van. You are an excellent grower and you're taking on being a caregiver which is a hard thing to take on at first but as with my daughter what did i have to lose. The best thing is you're know here on this great site with people wanting to help you with this new adventure. Just do some research and post what you feel you need to find out. You'll have a good game plan in no time.
Best of luck and let me know if you need anything.

Thanks Derby. Its times like these that i am thankful for all the support on this site. Lots of things I excel at....this sort of thing is way outside of my comfort zone or skill level so I am going to be relying on a lot of input and support.
Sweet sue is a v
very confident and helpful person I am sure her and many others there and I mean your stank they should respect what you are doing and try to help aid you in the right steps . Good for you stank I agree not the best caregiver myself just a grower who loves growing the plant.

Thank Joe, I appreciate it bud.
...first of all...it's care giver...not cure giver, although, we have to hope that is the ultimate outcome...:Namaste:...I'm sure he feels more comfortable dealing with you, as family, rather than a stranger...even the stress of financial burden when one is so sick, can be a detriment, IMHO...man, if I was stateside, I could try a covert mailing and send some older indica stash to kick start the process, or even dedicate a plant next run, towards this worthy cause, however, cross border does limit the opportunity to help...good luck and best wishes...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Thanks Hook. I appreciate the thought brother, I truly do. Definitely need to work on differentiating care giver and cure giver.....though honestly I am neither, I'm just a guy trying to help someone in need and share a skillset that I have.

Back
Top Bottom