Stardawg17, Dutch Bucket, Cookie Wreck, 2020: Dive Into The Deep End

Man Plans God Laughs
-- Public Enemy

So I didn't even get to look at the irrigation system today. Instead, I sold my go-karts and 4 wheeler to my neighbor along with all of my spare engines and parts. It was a bitter-sweet day. I know longer feel guilty and stressed about having my toys rust away and I now have so much more space in the shed and the yard.

For today's update I'll share this...

20200815_194639.jpg

Someone obviously didn't want me to realize they sabotaged my security lights...so I had to upgrade those too!!!

20200823_122302.jpg

20200825_225117.jpg

20200825_224537.jpg

Everything is looking really good. Gonna make a nice grow lab. Noticed a couple things that might help you. If your planning on growing hydro long term spend the money for a good ph pen. I went through 3-4 cheapies before I realized my mistake. I think any hydro grower will agree that’s good advice. Also, if you ain’t scrubbing your air inside the tent before it enters the room your ac is going to vent out a lot of odor. I made this mistake as I grow in an open room not a tent. I live in the middle of the woods with no neighbors close so it ain’t that big a deal but If your needing to maintain stealth that’s something to consider.

@PGA Caddie is right with the PH pen for hydro. Deffinitly if you are doing it manually.
but to take care of the smell it dosnt matter if you are growing in a tent or a room. You would needyour exhust fans to be connected to an carbon filter before exiting.

The carbon filter is what cleans the odor :)

This is one hell of a setup. It'll be fun watching stuff grow in the lab. I love seeing a indoor grow come together. This one is pretty high tech but in the end its growing weed like all the others. Excellent work stardawg.

Everything is looking really good. Gonna make a nice grow lab. Noticed a couple things that might help you. If your planning on growing hydro long term spend the money for a good ph pen. I went through 3-4 cheapies before I realized my mistake. I think any hydro grower will agree that’s good advice. Also, if you ain’t scrubbing your air inside the tent before it enters the room your ac is going to vent out a lot of odor. I made this mistake as I grow in an open room not a tent. I live in the middle of the woods with no neighbors close so it ain’t that big a deal but If your needing to maintain stealth that’s something to consider.
Thanks for the tip on the pH pen. I'm hoping the probe for the automation system is accurate and reliable. The pen I have tested fine with the calibration solutions. I was surprised by the reading of pure distilled water. I thought the pen was bunk until I did a little googling and learned that without a buffered solution the lack of trace minerals make a pH meter wacky.

As for the smell, I have separate charcoal filters for both the Intake and the exhaust ducts. The exhaust duct goes through the foam board ceiling directly into the attic where there are 2 vents in the roof. Is that going to be sufficient or are you thinking I'll need something in addition?

now thats nice and bright. is it connected to an outdoor pathway sensor or is it connected to a switch?
The sensor is located right below the light and it has a switch right there. Once I install the security system I'll have them on camera if they noodle with it. I set it up the other night and it will backup the video to the cloud for $7/mo.

This is one hell of a setup. It'll be fun watching stuff grow in the lab. I love seeing a indoor grow come together. This one is pretty high tech but in the end its growing weed like all the others. Excellent work stardawg.
Thanks jjj...I hope it all works out. I'm getting really anxious to start growing :lot-o-toke:

BTW... Your avatar is giving me flashbacks dude... Back when I lived on high street (half the reason we rented the house :p) we had the basement ceiling and walls draped with tie-dyed sheets that looked like cloud. I made this lamp from a grocery store display of the kool aid man and hung it on the wall... It looked like he was flying. Most of the time we felt like we were flying right next to him :ganjamon:

The sensor is located right below the light and it has a switch right there. Once I install the security system I'll have them on camera if they noodle with it. I set it up the other night and it will backup the video to the cloud for $7/mo.
catching fly by cockroaches :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the tip on the pH pen. I'm hoping the probe for the automation system is accurate and reliable. The pen I have tested fine with the calibration solutions. I was surprised by the reading of pure distilled water. I thought the pen was bunk until I did a little googling and learned that without a buffered solution the lack of trace minerals make a pH meter wacky.

As for the smell, I have separate charcoal filters for both the Intake and the exhaust ducts. The exhaust duct goes through the foam board ceiling directly into the attic where there are 2 vents in the roof. Is that going to be sufficient or are you thinking I'll need something in addition?
My cheaper pens calibrated fine starting out but that didn’t last long. If you got a probe for your res your probably golden. I got an Apera pen but am buying a Bluelab probe soon.

I have a charcoal filter/fan combo. It exhausts out the side of my building through a 4 inch duct but my problem is when the ac is running it naturally exhausts to. That air hasn’t been scrubbed so you can smell what’s going on when outside the building. Some ac units have an option to vent or not to vent. Mine doesn’t.

Was Randy wearing a shirt?
Nope, big old greasy belly hanging out. They did a 50/50 split the pot raffle (which turned into 70/30 because of Julian) that Randy was selling the tickets for. For $20 worth Randy would take the ticket roll and stretch it across his belly. They called it the belly buster special.

The best part the guy that won the raffle and got to hangout with them after the show, looked just like a Ricky and Julian love child. Bubbles called him a Ricky/Julian alien hybrid. Haha

i only watched few episodes of the show. Not much of a tv guy

If there's something worth watching it's a bunch of Canadian dopers trying to make a quick buck aka Freedom 35 45. The first season is pretty hard to get through I'll admit, mostly because they hadn't been picked up by the network at that point. Once you get into Season 2 you'll like it if you enjoy stoner humor. Don't forget to watch the movies with the show, they fit in between a few seasons. It's all on Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom