Strawberry Cough? Yes Please! LOS Grown

More calcium is needed during the stretch to build with, so it makes sense if you notice cal stress at this time IMO. Just keep her sweating good and it will flow. It's said to also hitch a ride with nitrate if you have that.

She's got some size to her brother!!
She's a bigun for sure. I don't find her exceptional to look at so that's good! :) Do you remember "The Red Green Show"? At the end of some shows Red would say "and if the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." PBS in it's day at it's best imo! Well that's how this plant reflects to me, pretty handy.

More calcium is needed during the stretch to build with, so it makes sense if you notice cal stress at this time IMO. Just keep her sweating good and it will flow. It's said to also hitch a ride with nitrate if you have that.
That makes sense Sky, thanks for that. I can see the color changing in the leaves too. The big size of her is allowing me to watch better as changes go slow and are massive. She might grow only a half inch today, but its a half inch times every branch and thats a lot for one stalk and set of roots I presume. Things like the newer leaves are more light color at the beginning of the light cycle and darker at the end. This plant is really working hard I think! Looking up nitrate now.
Edit: Did you mean Calcium nitrate as a nitrate?

calcium nitrate is just a complex salt that sources NO3- and Ca++ that nute brands use to source some of the N and some of their Ca. What I was talking about is if it's in your ability to do so, increase NO3 slightly to improve calcium movement. Here's an excerpt from this hydro book about it.

The rate of Ca uptake is also dependent on the counter-ions in
solution; it is highest when the NO3 - ion is present in the nutrient solution.
With maturity, Ca movement becomes restricted, and the influx into leaves
and developing fruit slows.

When nitrate (NO3-) is present, calcium uptake is highest. I learned in my failed Cationic experiment that ammonium (NH4+) (another source of N) WILL definitely block calcium by affecting the cation balance, but also NH4 being a source of N, the plant will uptake less nitrate resulting in less calcium being taken up. In essence, calcium hitches a ride with nitrate up to the penthouse.

Hey brother! Congrats on the flip - i'm sure you're happy with how she's looking going into bloom. She's a monster and i'm looking forward to seeing the buds she's gonna kick out for ya :ganjamon::morenutes:

She's a bigun for sure. I don't find her exceptional to look at so that's good! :) Do you remember "The Red Green Show"? At the end of some shows Red would say "and if the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." PBS in it's day at it's best imo! Well that's how this plant reflects to me, pretty handy.
Lol. I love Red Green.

I made an experiment. I stabilized the weed RH in jars for 36 hours and drew a vacuum with my seal a meal. With the meter in there I see the RH stayed exactly the same for a whole month. No reason to think longer term would be any different. Less oxygen to degrade our bud so let's see how long these last.

Today is her 7th day in flower! First week went well with only 4 to 6 inches of stretch. All her new growth is coming in good now that she has me up to speed getting her watered. This one gets hangry if I'm late. 3 gallons every 2 days and increasing. If the tall lemon og candy grew like a sativa then this one is too. Lots of branches off the mains. I mean Galore! Here she is today.

Well, she's looking pretty darn good and seems to be less trouble this time around.

Glad she's challenging you and you are staying on top. Hope she isn't giving you too much anxiety. I know what that's like all too well. :eye-roll:

Back
Top Bottom