Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

I bought a few packets of dried shrimp at one of the local Asian food shops. I am guessing it is cheaper than what a grow shop would charge if they had Frass available. Altho it must be said that I rinse the dried shrimps first to remove the salt that they're dried with, but Chitin all the way baby.

Update

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! Just another mostly pictorial progress report.

Mulanje Sherbert

Frozen Black Cherry

A couple days ago whilst rejigging the training at her strongly upturned ends, I unfortunately caused a partial break on one. I then eased the training pressure and thankfully she seemed to heal pretty quickly without any problems. This sort of thing is easier to cope with when growing a quad line or hexline plant as you've always got more branches available as backup, but with Fluxing there are only 2 'fluxing arms' which would make losing one a bit of a disappointing loss.

Super Lemon Haze

Mulanje Sherbert - possible male

From above

We are getting hot muggy weather now, rain coming this afternoon. So far I have only watered the trough once since potting the plants. The forecast rain ahead should replenish the trough soil nicely.
Anyway, cheers for dropping by. All the best :ganjamon:

Update

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! Just another mostly pictorial progress report.

Mulanje Sherbert

Frozen Black Cherry

A couple days ago whilst rejigging the training at her strongly upturned ends, I unfortunately caused a partial break on one. I then eased the training pressure and thankfully she seemed to heal pretty quickly without any problems. This sort of thing is easier to cope with when growing a quad line or hexline plant as you've always got more branches available as backup, but with Fluxing there are only 2 'fluxing arms' which would make losing one a bit of a disappointing loss.

Super Lemon Haze

Mulanje Sherbert - possible male

From above

We are getting hot muggy weather now, rain coming this afternoon. So far I have only watered the trough once since potting the plants. The forecast rain ahead should replenish the trough soil nicely.
Anyway, cheers for dropping by. All the best :ganjamon:
By the time it’s going to bare weight that crack will be the strongest part on her.
Usually they grow over thicker and solid.
Other girls are well trained and perfect :adore:
Not easy to do, I applaud your capabilities.
I know how difficult it can be.
Hope your doing well today.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Still rolling along, and that's only a flesh wound!
Yes absolutely, nothing major.
By the time it’s going to bare weight that crack will be the strongest part on her.
Usually they grow over thicker and solid.
Other girls are well trained and perfect :adore:
Not easy to do, I applaud your capabilities.
I know how difficult it can be.
Hope your doing well today.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
It is only a small crack and as you say it will become much stronger at that point as a consequence. I just journaled it as a minor 'toe stub' on the way to remind myself to take more care as those ends can turn upwards very strongly. Cheers!

I unfortunately caused a partial break on one.
Nice save, Stunger- pretty sure I'd of broke it clean off ...:oops:

That training is really cool- the perfect method for growing in a trough...

Nice save, Stunger- pretty sure I'd of broke it clean off ...:oops:

That training is really cool- the perfect method for growing in a trough...
Thanks Carcass! I'm curious how they turn out, so far the training would appear to contribute to smaller plants, and constantly stripping off growth to leave only one bud at the end of each branch maybe holds the plant up a little, but hey, I'm committed to trialing this and we'll see how it goes. :morenutes:
Nice training Stunger.
Cheers Joe! Hopefully they'll build a bit more growth in veg before nature's light bulb in the sky flips them to flower!

Cheers Joe! Hopefully they'll build a bit more growth in veg before nature's light bulb in the sky flips them to flower!
All in a row, in the trough. I predict there will soon be a massive mass of green growth. :woohoo:
When will things flip on your side of the world?

All in a row, in the trough. I predict there will soon be a massive mass of green growth. :woohoo:
When will things flip on your side of the world?
Thanks Stinker! I am yet look back over my past journals to check when nature's flip day is. But thankfully there should still be 2 or 3 weeks of veg to go before that happens.

Update - A quick pictorial of the progress of the 'kids in the trough'

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! The plants have been basking in high heat and appear to be doing well. I have only given them 2 waterings since they've been in the trough. The greater mass of media obviously retains more moisture than my previously used 'drilled out' plastic pots.

Mulanje Sherbert

Frozen Black Cherry

Super Lemon Haze

Mulanje Sherbert (possible male)

All together

Thanks for dropping by, I hope your own gardens are blooming and a nice smoke/vape/edible is on hand! :ganjamon:

Great work on the training, Stunger👍
All 3 4 look great , but I think the Frozen Black Cherry
wants to be the star of the show!

Update - A quick pictorial of the progress of the 'kids in the trough'

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! The plants have been basking in high heat and appear to be doing well. I have only given them 2 waterings since they've been in the trough. The greater mass of media obviously retains more moisture than my previously used 'drilled out' plastic pots.

Mulanje Sherbert

Frozen Black Cherry

Super Lemon Haze

Mulanje Sherbert (possible male)

All together

Thanks for dropping by, I hope your own gardens are blooming and a nice smoke/vape/edible is on hand! :ganjamon:
Looking good mate :bravo:

It looks ideal, Stunger. With that much great soil, you should be able to go a long time between watering's. :thumb:
Next year you might be wanting low profile wheels. I bet its heavy!

Back
Top Bottom