Stunger's Last Stand: Banned To The Balcony!

Halfway through Christmas and I haven't wished you a joyous day! Hope you are celebrating in ways we can only vaguely remember. :high-five:
Yes we are a bit ahead of you on this side of the world, we'll head off to spend a Christmas afternoon/evening with friends in a couple of hours.

I've just been marvelling how much growth the girls have shown in the last 10 days. It is the month before outdoor flowering will start in NZ, and with the sunny warm days plant growth really picks up, which is great as I had been regretting that I didn't start my grow earlier this year to build a bigger veg base.

Wishing all a safe and happy Christmas! Keep well everyone and happy growing! :hookah:

CBD Express update

This plant is getting close to harvest, it's recently kicked off another wave of fresh pistils. She hasn't grown any taller since she reached 30cm about half her life ago, but she has thickened up a bit to basically become a single modest cola plant. I have been trying to reverse her for 26 days now by spraying her once or twice a day with Colloidal Silver. If anyone spots something that may suggest reversing is working please sing out because if it is happening then I am missing the signs. Some of the calyx with orange pistils appear quite swollen but I have spotted no signs of pollen being produced so it seems unlikely that they're swollen from bearing seeds, as much as I'd like to hope they are.

One good thing about kicking off an auto with photos when growing outdoors, is that you get the pleasure of seeing fast maturing trichomes so early in the growing season, it'll be a couple more months before the photos are anywhere close to the stage of this auto.

CBD Express auto (2)

This is the second plant that I have going of the CBD Express auto. I am hoping that because I have kicked her off in December and that she'll get better sunny/warm months than her older sister and will grow bigger than her. If the older girl produces any pollen I can use it to pollinate her, but I feel that is looking unlikely at this stage. I've probably been smoking too much but hey, here's to hoping!

I hope everyone's grows are thriving and you're keeping safe and well, and if you've also been able to enjoy the festive season too then that is a good bonus in these times.
:ganjamon:

This plant is getting close to harvest, it's recently kicked off another wave of fresh pistils. She hasn't grown any taller since she reached 30cm about half her life ago, but she has thickened up a bit to basically become a single modest cola plant. I have been trying to reverse her for 26 days now by spraying her once or twice a day with Colloidal Silver.
I don't think this is going to give you any pollen as you would definitely have seen pollen sacs by this point, but just a reminder not to smoke this plant. I have no idea about using it for oil (I wouldn't personally) though.

Remember that inhaling something is different from burning it and inhaling the fumes.

Godfather OG update

I applied some LST to lower her leading branches to be a bit more horizontal. In a few days time I will probably supercrop her more vigorous growing branches to bring them lower again. She is probably only 2 to 4 weeks away from showing pistils. Overall, I want to keep on top of her vertical growth to keep that below the balcony rails for stealth purposes which means a maximum plant height of about 80cm or about 2.5 feet. I am looking forward to this girl progressing.:ganjamon:

Here's a few pics of her before and after LST, with last pic taken this morning.

Looks nice and flat, but I think her neighbors might calling for an encroachment violation!
There is indeed a bit of encroachment, the pots are sort of crowded to the corner where the first wedge of sunlight appears, but I have to be careful not to let them get too close to the balcony glass otherwise there appears a whole bunch of marijuana leaf shadows viewable to the neighbours, which if they ever got a whiff and looked up it would be pretty confirming. Avoiding viewable shadows are yet another stealth necessity.:slide:

Godfather OG update

I applied some LST to lower her leading branches to be a bit more horizontal. In a few days time I will probably supercrop her more vigorous growing branches to bring them lower again. She is probably only 2 to 4 weeks away from showing pistils. Overall, I want to keep on top of her vertical growth to keep that below the balcony rails for stealth purposes which means a maximum plant height of about 80cm or about 2.5 feet. I am looking forward to this girl progressing.:ganjamon:

Here's a few pics of her before and after LST, with last pic taken this morning.

Wicked training brother... she's looking fantastic.

Mango Sherbert update

I have been training this girl with LST, restraining her main stem to bend over almost horizontal and today tying her growth shoots down a little while spreading them around for greater evenness. She is a little lighter than her bigger step sister the Godfather OG but I feel she growing well. Very large fan leaves. Last pic is this afternoon's.

Currently we are having plenty of hot sunny days and the girls are liking it.

Keep well everyone and bountiful growing! :hookah:

Nice shapes to them, Koro.
Canopies optimised for photon collection. :yummy:
Cheers DD, I am trying to make the most of the photons that do fall, and plus keep 'em low and out of sight, if not smell.
I'm liking that canopy and the sunny locale. :) Happy new year Stunger!
Thanks Shed, Happy new year to you too, and everyone, I hope this one brings better tidings.
Beautiful brother. She has taken off and a nice collection you’ve got going at the moment. How’s the reverse auto going?
Thanks BC. That sunshine is just pouring down and the girls are lapping it up.
Re my attempt to reverse the CBD Express auto; I stopped spraying it last week as I felt with no signs of reversing occurring that there was just not enough time left for pollen. I'll put that one down to the strain perhaps being particularly resilient to reversing. The plant itself is just a very stocky little stump, only 30cm tall from the base, and with spraying it for 4 weeks mostly twice a day I was a getting a little concerned that with chucking so much wetting on it that I could cause it to develop bud rot. But I'll try again which unfortunately probably has to be next year, that's the bugger about relying on outdoor growing!

Here's another overhead shot

The 2 main girls are starting to look quite promising and I feel the excitement of flowering soon to kick in. Damn, can't help looking forward to that. :ganjamon:

Cheers DD, I am trying to make the most of the photons that do fall, and plus keep 'em low and out of sight, if not smell.

Thanks Shed, Happy new year to you too, and everyone, I hope this one brings better tidings.

Thanks BC. That sunshine is just pouring down and the girls are lapping it up.
Re my attempt to reverse the CBD Express auto; I stopped spraying it last week as I felt with no signs of reversing occurring that there was just not enough time left for pollen. I'll put that one down to the strain perhaps being particularly resilient to reversing. The plant itself is just a very stocky little stump, only 30cm tall from the base, and with spraying it for 4 weeks mostly twice a day I was a getting a little concerned that with chucking so much wetting on it that I could cause it to develop bud rot. But I'll try again which unfortunately probably has to be next year, that's the bugger about relying on outdoor growing!

Here's another overhead shot

The 2 main girls are starting to look quite promising and I feel the excitement of flowering soon to kick in. Damn, can't help looking forward to that. :ganjamon:
Gorgeous shot brother. Can’t wait to see the buds arrive

Looks like summer's been treating your garden well, Stunger! :ganjamon: :headbanger:
Thanks, it has been this last week or 2 that have seen the 2 main girls (the Mango Sherbert and Godfather OG) start to motor, the increase in growth has been quite dramatic in this period.

Strawberry Cough update

This girl is a little bit different from the others. Since a seedling she has been noticeably lighter and smaller than the other girls, with very tight internodal distances. Even though she is in one of my 2 large containers, a 50L/13gallon that was re-amended over winter so it shouldn't be lacking anything, of course it's possible there may be something out of whack, but it puzzles me because the other plants in the same soil seem quite fine. This Strawberry Cough is said to be 80% Sativa and may well find the environment that she's stuck in to not be particularly optimal for her. I gave her a top dress of a half a cup of Blood and Bone which if she was Nitrogen deficient I'd have expected her to get a bit greener but she showed no apparent change.

Given her very small size I am not holding out hope that she'll be a big producer. In fact, in yield terms I have already written her off. So I thought I'd sprinkle in a small handful of some oyster/mussel shell flour/dolomite in case it could help, but that didn't appear to change anything except give her some leaf tip burn on her new top leaves. She now seems to have got past that and is continuing on as she was, so at this point I'll grow her out and see what she does. Hopefully she'll still produce a little bud that I can test and appraise to get an experience of this strain that some folk consider to be quite special. I have to admit, so far she is not looking very promising.

:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom