Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

the 73gramms was after 36 hours of drying and its been pretty warm here, i dont think ill hit the oz it has shrunk a bit, i just weighed it and your not to far off mate, weighs in at 20.79grammes, so not the oz i was thinking, but i still got a nice huge bud to smoke when its cured, i have put it into curing jars now because it was getting real dry so put it in jars to get the moisture back into the buds so its not drying out to quick,

@jandre, not a bad guess mate, i wonder why i didnt lose this much weight with the kush and the nl x bb, i didnt lose that much weight with them, but i think i was under watering so the plants where probably dryer than they should of been, your pretty good at working out what dry weight ill be left with, does it dry to about 1/4 of the wet weight then, you know whats strange, it looks like their is more bud here than in the kush and nl x bb but its a lot lighter, not to worry, ill settle with just over 20g from the hempie, its not bad considering its 12-12 from seed, i did quick dry a couple of buds about 1/16th of an oz just so i could give it a try, the buds off this hempie are bigger than the kush even the smaller side buds are a lot bigger than the buds off the kush and nl x bb, i wonder if the lst and topping meant id have more smaller buds and less bigger buds, this time round im not doing any lst as such and no topping either

on this last hempie i just did, it was 12-12 from seed and i recon i got about an oz off it, i did take 2 clones but for some reason they did not root, but i could of taken another 4 clones but i decided to leave them as branches lower down, i ended up with 1 huge bud and 4 smaller buds of the 4 lower side branches, i recon i got slightly less than i did off the plants i vegd for 7 weeks, but this time the clones are growing better than the mothers so yields should be bigger this time round, my 2ltr hempie when it finished was 1ft high the main bud was just a bit smaller than a 2ltr pop bottle, i put some pics up off the bud and you can see me holding a 2ltr pop bottle up behind the bud, i was shocked at how much i got considering i went 12-12 from seed, i could of taken 6 clone off it as the 4 branches i left could of come off, but it was well in flower when them branches grew so i just left them then the plant ended up looking like a trophy, i got it drying now, will have dry weight in a day or 2, the wet weight was 78g if i remember right, its in my journal im sure i wrote down the wet weight, well i say wet weight, i did not weight it after i harvested it, it was 36 hours later so it had over 24 hours to dry, im hoping i get just under an oz from it, im hoping anyway,

This is why I wonder about the merits of going 12/12 from seed... when Twelv/12 was doing his experiments, I believe he let the clones go 2 weeks from cutting, then to 12/12 so it seems to arrive at where he was (and 420fied) our seedlings would need to be at about the same age/size as their clones before going into 12/12 to get larger yields per plant/sog/etc. rather than starting from seedling...

Looking forward to your smoke report dp.

From your journal, First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

"wet weight is 73.5 grams" should be right around 18g. 10 shy of an ounce.

Encyclopedia Jandreica! :thumb:

I'm usually too medicated to find that stuff again - nice work! :thumb:

This is why I wonder about the merits of going 12/12 from seed... when Twelv/12 was doing his experiments, I believe he let the clones go 2 weeks from cutting, then to 12/12 so it seems to arrive at where he was (and 420fied) our seedlings would need to be at about the same age/size as their clones before going into 12/12 to get larger yields per plant/sog/etc. rather than starting from seedling...

Looking forward to your smoke report dp.

12/12 from seed can be an awesome way to grow if you really pack them in tight. So, it's not about how much per plant, as much as how many plants you can squeeze in there, so to speak, that gives you the yield. I've seen amazing yields 12/12 from seed when considered on a "per square foot" basis. But, with fewer plants, a little veg time is a good alternative. 12/12 seed method has the inherent issue of needing a lot of seeds, which is only realistic I think if you are making your own seeds. One plant seeded though, can give you bazillions (that's the scientific actual number, bazillions) of seeds for future grows!

It should be noted, that not all strains seem to work well this way. If I remember right, Doc Bud had mixed experiences based on the strain, and concluded it was better with certain strains, but I don't remember specifics anymore or even what journal that was in..

SpeeCees from No Mercy seedbank (sponsor here still I believe) used to do some killer grows this way. He is typically credited with pioneering this method, or at least making it more mainstream:

No Mercy Seeds 12/12 Hours 7 Harvests a Year System

Sorry to hear about the humidity issues. If you don't have dehumidifier, try lots of fans keeping much air moving. Fans can lower humidity a lot. I know you're probably doing a lot already, but shy of a dehumidfier it's your best bet. I had to save up for a dehumidifier a couple of years ago, and it's been a priceless addition for me. My RH was getting near to 60% in bloom at night recently, but with the dehumidifier it now went to about 40% at night. I only run the dehumidifier at night right now, because with lights on it goes down to about 40% on it's own. Late in flower I might lower it a little more, but I like 40% for lights on/early flower.

Good luck with the RH. Damp Rid will help, but not a lot. :goodluck:

smoke report will be soon, im having a read through that link, sounds interesting, i got to agree to make it worth doing it would need a lot of seeds, i just wanted to try the 2ltr dwc hempie, i had no clones so i soaked a seed and didnt think it would need much veg as im not counting on the side branches to give me a yield, im aiming to get 1 bud on the stem, which is what i got, i dont think i would just grow them on their own unless i did it from mother plant with load of clones or having a seeded plant so i can have enough seed to fill a room then it would be worth doing, but what i plan on doing is growing my normal 3gallon plants, and then have 2 x 2ltr hempie going as well, with the hempies i can try new strains and still take clones from the hempie, it would not need the long veg so i could veg the plants im growing in the 3gallon pots then a week before flipping to 12-12 i could soak a seed and get the hempie ready for the flower round.

im just thinking its a good way to sample and see how well the plant grows without spending 4 to 6 weeks vegging it first, i am growing clones of plants that produced bud i liked so im growing out the 3 clones from my first 2 plants, i dont think ill take anymore clones off this strain ill try something else, so as i wont be taking clones from the clones im growing now then this means i need to think about the next go round, because i like to have plants in veg while im flowering some off, so i could then get some seeds and put them under 12-12 from seed when my clones are put to flower, then while my big plants are flowering off i will have 2x 2ltr hempies growing of a new strain and this will allow me to take upto 6 clones from this hempie before its finished, so if i like the way it grows then i can take clones and re-veg them while the plants and the hempies are flowering off, this then gives me monster cropped clones and also lets me veg plants while the others a flowering,

i dont really want to veg a plant for 6 weeks and find out it grows like crap or dont yield much so the hempie will give me some idea of how well it will grow and the kind of bud im going to get off it, then i can use the clones or if i dont like it soak some more seeds and find something i like,

Encyclopedia Jandreica! :thumb:

I'm usually too medicated to find that stuff again - nice work! :thumb:

12/12 from seed can be an awesome way to grow if you really pack them in tight. So, it's not about how much per plant, as much as how many plants you can squeeze in there, so to speak, that gives you the yield. I've seen amazing yields 12/12 from seed when considered on a "per square foot" basis. But, with fewer plants, a little veg time is a good alternative. 12/12 seed method has the inherent issue of needing a lot of seeds, which is only realistic I think if you are making your own seeds. One plant seeded though, can give you bazillions (that's the scientific actual number, bazillions) of seeds for future grows!

It should be noted, that not all strains seem to work well this way. If I remember right, Doc Bud had mixed experiences based on the strain, and concluded it was better with certain strains, but I don't remember specifics anymore or even what journal that was in..

SpeeCees from No Mercy seedbank (sponsor here still I believe) used to do some killer grows this way. He is typically credited with pioneering this method, or at least making it more mainstream:

No Mercy Seeds 12/12 Hours 7 Harvests a Year System

Sorry to hear about the humidity issues. If you don't have dehumidifier, try lots of fans keeping much air moving. Fans can lower humidity a lot. I know you're probably doing a lot already, but shy of a dehumidfier it's your best bet. I had to save up for a dehumidifier a couple of years ago, and it's been a priceless addition for me. My RH was getting near to 60% in bloom at night recently, but with the dehumidifier it now went to about 40% at night. I only run the dehumidifier at night right now, because with lights on it goes down to about 40% on it's own. Late in flower I might lower it a little more, but I like 40% for lights on/early flower.

Good luck with the RH. Damp Rid will help, but not a lot. :goodluck:
Hmm, I have a low plant limit, so I think I'll be going for fewer, bigger plants instead, but I like the idea of testing strains and seeing which ones may be keepers by flowering early from seed... If I had a ton of seeds... Like you say though, if I get one boy--especially since the g13 and breakout are so damn vigrorous, I'll cross em up and have a buttload of seeds.

smoke report will be soon, im having a read through that link, sounds interesting, i got to agree to make it worth doing it would need a lot of seeds, i just wanted to try the 2ltr dwc hempie, i had no clones so i soaked a seed and didnt think it would need much veg as im not counting on the side branches to give me a yield, im aiming to get 1 bud on the stem, which is what i got, i dont think i would just grow them on their own unless i did it from mother plant with load of clones or having a seeded plant so i can have enough seed to fill a room then it would be worth doing, but what i plan on doing is growing my normal 3gallon plants, and then have 2 x 2ltr hempie going as well, with the hempies i can try new strains and still take clones from the hempie, it would not need the long veg so i could veg the plants im growing in the 3gallon pots then a week before flipping to 12-12 i could soak a seed and get the hempie ready for the flower round.

im just thinking its a good way to sample and see how well the plant grows without spending 4 to 6 weeks vegging it first, i am growing clones of plants that produced bud i liked so im growing out the 3 clones from my first 2 plants, i dont think ill take anymore clones off this strain ill try something else, so as i wont be taking clones from the clones im growing now then this means i need to think about the next go round, because i like to have plants in veg while im flowering some off, so i could then get some seeds and put them under 12-12 from seed when my clones are put to flower, then while my big plants are flowering off i will have 2x 2ltr hempies growing of a new strain and this will allow me to take upto 6 clones from this hempie before its finished, so if i like the way it grows then i can take clones and re-veg them while the plants and the hempies are flowering off, this then gives me monster cropped clones and also lets me veg plants while the others a flowering,

i dont really want to veg a plant for 6 weeks and find out it grows like crap or dont yield much so the hempie will give me some idea of how well it will grow and the kind of bud im going to get off it, then i can use the clones or if i dont like it soak some more seeds and find something i like,

I think I'm going for a happy medium of 3 weeks veg for one plant, then 6 weeks for the next one, then 9 for the last to see what the f*ck happens (of course if I have males, this won't happen :)

Update:
Seedlings day 25

Breakout Leaf Day 25
Breakoutd25DSC00306.jpg

Breakout
BreakoutDSC00307.jpg

Stacked Kush bent over on day 25
StackedKushDSC00311.jpg

Stacked Kush Roots
StackedKushDSC00310.jpg

G13 x Hashplant shorter but bushier than the others. Node growth happens very quickly on this baby.

g13hashDSC00309.jpg

They LOOK SO GOOD! What type of Hashplant is that, a Lebanese, Morrocan or the One from Sensi Seeds, I think it was? I think the Seed Bank One has two different, types of Hashplant in it, I believe, and this from Memory, and could be wrong, that the two different Hasplant Strains in it, were a Lebanese and Nepali in the Seed Bank one. Anyways, all Hashplants produce Great Buds! And I wish I had some growing in My Garden. I have not grown any Types of the Strain, in like 7yrs. I think I shall make it a mission of Mine to get some for next Year. Everything looks GREAT, Keep up the GOOD WORK, SurfBuddy, You make all Growers Proud!:adore: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

They LOOK SO GOOD! What type of Hashplant is that, a Lebanese, Morrocan or the One from Sensi Seeds, I think it was? I think the Seed Bank One has two different, types of Hashplant in it, I believe, and this from Memory, and could be wrong, that the two different Hasplant Strains in it, were a Lebanese and Nepali in the Seed Bank one. Anyways, all Hashplants produce Great Buds! And I wish I had some growing in My Garden. I have not grown any Types of the Strain, in like 7yrs. I think I shall make it a mission of Mine to get some for next Year. Everything looks GREAT, Keep up the GOOD WORK, SurfBuddy, You make all Growers Proud!:adore: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:
Thanks James! Not sure which Hashplant it is, the cross was created by NDNguy and distributed by Hazeman. I am exited to see what happens when she flowers!

reps my friend, for such amazing plants
Thank you sir donpaul!

Looking awesome buddy!!!:bravo:
Thanks James!
:surf:

Disaster Strikes!
LED Wholesalers has done it again. I've read countless others here who have fallen victim to the falling lights from these damn plastic crossbar attachments. I am no exception. Thank god I was right there, putting my reflective pieces between the plants when it happened. A CFL broke, but the LED's and plants seem to be OK. My two biggest plants, of course, took direct hits from each of the lights. That poor NL kola just keeps getting it's ass bent over LOL. They are still thickening, so I'm letting them go longer.

Did some defol on the veg side since it was too bushy for my liking. Have gone to feed-water-feed-water-feed-flush/feed-water and the big plants are drinking almost all the water daily again.

Have a nice weekend.

EEK! If I had read about the breaking plastic, I would have tried to reinforce them in some way. So sorry to hear you took a hit from it, too.

About the NL kola... you just can't help but super-super-super crop it, huh? And this time it was due to equipment failure! At least it didn't completely break off, though.

EEK! If I had read about the breaking plastic, I would have tried to reinforce them in some way. So sorry to hear you took a hit from it, too.

About the NL kola... you just can't help but super-super-super crop it, huh? And this time it was due to equipment failure! At least it didn't completely break off, though.

I know, learn the hard way.. I thought I read people said it lasted 6 months. mine was not even three. I had been thinking about how I would do it, gorilla tape, etc. Now I just use rope ratchets around the bars and down to the light. As a bonus my light can go another 2 inches higher.

LOL super duper pooper crop. She's a fighter, her head may be down, but she's chugging along. I pulled a lower nug today to check trichs, only 1 or two amber on her.. it was the bottom of a lower nug.

I was able to look a little closer due to a present I found in the mail about 20 minutes ago... a USB microscope!

NL-micro1.jpg

NL-micro.jpg

Is that the little seedlings that we were talking about on the last page??? Damn they grew up since last time i saw them. Sorry I haven't been keeping up on many journals lately. Looking very nice though :)

Is that the little seedlings that we were talking about on the last page??? Damn they grew up since last time i saw them. Sorry I haven't been keeping up on many journals lately. Looking very nice though :)

Yup, that's them! Gonna put two into flower as soon as I cut the current group in the tent. I'm down to 9 hours of light and 15 dark... things are getting close! No worries about not being around... they look nice thanks to your feeding schedule!!

Wow, jandre2K3, you guys still get away with the old street weights of 28g per ounce!?! Here it is 454g per pound, which is just about how many grams an actual pound has in it, and most people add an extra 6-10gs per pound, to eliminate any differences in scales, bad storage practices, like leaving it in your car, or your car trunk, and it drying out even further on a warm day. We weigh our ounces out at 28.5gs, which comes out to 456gs per pound, which is not so bad, considering how much extra we add per pound on our own anyways. I realize we have more to play with an outdoor crop of say 10 or more Plants done right, but it just astounded Me that people are still COOL with a 448g pound, at 28gs per ounce. That's 6gs less than a true pound. People here would castrate you if you tried to get rid of a P or an O at those weights! I realize that this must still be the NORM in many places, like your part of the Galaxy, Penny Pinching Clubs, back East, maybe even everywhere but NOR-CAL. It is like People are weighing their Herb out at TROY(The way Gold is measured) as opposed to the STANDARD TABLE(What You and I use) chart of weight measurements, a pound is still a pound! I find it amazing. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:blushsmile:P.S. jandre2k3, I am not trying to sound like a DICK, so please do not take this as an insult! JTG.:thumb:

Wow, jandre2K3, you guys still get away with the old street weights of 28g per ounce!?! Here it is 454g per pound, which is just about how many grams an actual pound has in it, and most people add an extra 6-10gs per pound, to eliminate any differences in scales, bad storage practices, like leaving it in your car, or your car trunk, and it drying out even further on a warm day. We weigh our ounces out at 28.5gs, which comes out to 456gs per pound, which is not so bad, considering how much extra we add per pound on our own anyways. I realize we have more to play with an outdoor crop of say 10 or more Plants done right, but it just astounded Me that people are still COOL with a 448g pound, at 28gs per ounce. That's 6gs less than a true pound. People here would castrate you if you tried to get rid of a P or an O at those weights! I realize that this must still be the NORM in many places, like your part of the Galaxy, Penny Pinching Clubs, back East, maybe even everywhere but NOR-CAL. It is like People are weighing their Herb out at TROY(The way Gold is measured) as opposed to the STANDARD TABLE(What You and I use) chart of weight measurements, a pound is still a pound! I find it amazing. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:blushsmile:P.S. jandre2k3, I am not trying to sound like a DICK, so please do not take this as an insult! JTG.:thumb:

[SIZE=+1]National Institute of Standards and Technology:
[/SIZE]
Mass (weight)

SymbolWhen You KnowMultiply ByTo FindSymbol
ozounces28gramsg

So 28g per ounce
If 16 ounces per pound
then 448g per pound.

It's not "Old" or "outdated" it's from Standards of Weights and Measures at NIST...
We're working on getting cannabis legalized in America so keeping things accurate is one part of that. No "Street Value" or "Homie Weights".

The Office of Weights and Measures promotes uniformity in U.S. weights and measures laws, regulations, and standards to achieve equity between buyers and sellers in the marketplace. This enhances consumer confidence, enables U.S. businesses to compete fairly at home and abroad, and strengthens the U.S. economy.

And umm... I live in NorCal

Back
Top Bottom