Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

UPDATE: Day 53 12/12, Day 49 Flower
Nugs taken from the other three large plants, and they look pretty close. I'm going to finish the gallon of nutes then start to flush.

The smaller Big Bud. This one's pistils are retracting, and it's not as dense as the larger one... a bad pheno? I didn't clone it. Flush beginning tuesday. The whole thing is coming down to make room in the tent.
bb-small-closeup.jpg

The larger Big Bud This one has several branches, all of them are sagging outward now, opening up the middle more. The buds are dense relative to the other Big Bud, but not as hard as the NL. The pistils have retracted suddenly on almost the whole plant, but not the very tippy top nug which has more calyx growth continuing. She will start flush tuesday. This one will be revegged.
BB-big-closeup.jpg

The smaller Northern Lights - this one still has some time... its calyx are still firing off white pistils everywhere and is thickening. I'm gonna let her go longer.
-
nl-small-closeup.jpg
-

In other news:
The non LST Big Bud clone, day 19 12/12 She's a hairy little girl! Gonna be interesting to see which one will yield more.
BB-clone-day19.jpg

I know. It's got such skinny finger leaves... I got these seeds from a distributor that did not mention any breeder's name, so it could be whatever I guess. I didn't pop all the 10 at once, and just assumed I had a weird pheno.

Naw, it's a clone from the mom I'm about to harvest. She had thick leaves at the start, but I defoliated most of the bigger ones. I thought from the beginning though, that her leaves were not very indica-y

My next round has more reputable seeds, and definitely indica strains :)

Who knows, maybe We are both right. I just googled, how many grams in a pound. The top three answers all said 453.59237 grams per pound. That was Yahoo answers,Convert Units - Measurement Unit Converter and wiki.answers.com, so rounded up, 454 grams per pound. I used to have problems with the 454 number, and People started bringing Me Bread Pkgs, Peanut Butter Containers and even Salad Containers, to prove to me 454 gs was a Pound.:thedoubletake: I tried to look up Standards of Weights and Measure at NIST, and got an OOOPS! Page Not Found. So since I cannot corroborate your answer, we can both be right:laughtwo:. So, I guess if You want a Fatter than You are used to Pound, come here! It looks like we are practically giving it away for Free:hmmmm:! Thanks jandre2k3 for the info from Your/Our part of the Galactic Sector, only in NOR-CAL can we all be right!!!:blalol:SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

i also got the same problem it seems a gallon in america is smaller than a uk gallon, so this makes the nutrient mixture slightly weaker, im not to sure how much the difference is but i dont think its much, so following the bpn guide makes me slightly off the right mixture, i think i need to get a ppm tester to test what i have mixed up, it seems to be working so i think the difference must be small, im sure i could search the net and find out,

Weight update: two lowryders 1.8 and 4.4g. not surprising since they were so small and/or scraggly. Although one of the pieces of the mini was *missing* so it may have been included in the lanky one's weight. They'll get separate jars from now on.

Great trich pics! Looks like you are going to have some serious smoke!!
I liked your term indicay when you talked about the skinny leaves on the Big Bud. That sounds like a great strain with 100% indica. I have the same issue with my new Tangerine Dream. The last one had normal leaves. My new dream has very skinny and long leaves. Like 2 completely different strains.
What is the big deal on the weight anyway. All most of us do is grow for ourselves and friends anyway. So what if weed looses half a gram per oz after completely curing. As long as it is good. The price is always right if you grow your own!
Now I hear that a gallon is smaller in America as in England. On baggage wars on tv the other day was filmed at Heathrow Airport in London . One of the bidders won old American coins. They are worth more in England too!! Things get any worse I am moving to England!!
:circle-of-love:

Nothing beats FREE HERB. If you go back a couple of pages, you can see where jandre2k3, and I are having a little discussion about what a pound really weighs. We both have data to back up our respective sides of the coin, it is just Friendly Banter between Knowledgeable Growers. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:blushsmile:

Nothing beats FREE HERB. If you go back a couple of pages, you can see where jandre2k3, and I are having a little discussion about what a pound really weighs. We both have data to back up our respective sides of the coin, it is just Friendly Banter between Knowledgeable Growers. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:blushsmile:

I understand. I love friendly spirited banter. Lets get on with it!! I missed that discussion. Sometimes I read something and react without getting all the info. I respect all sides too. Thanks James for setting me straight!
I always thought a pound was 16 ozs with 28 grams per oz which would be 448 grams.
:thumb:

Who knows, maybe We are both right. I just googled, how many grams in a pound. The top three answers all said 453.59237 grams per pound. That was Yahoo answers,Convert Units - Measurement Unit Converter and wiki.answers.com, so rounded up, 454 grams per pound. I used to have problems with the 454 number, and People started bringing Me Bread Pkgs, Peanut Butter Containers and even Salad Containers, to prove to me 454 gs was a Pound.:thedoubletake: I tried to look up Standards of Weights and Measure at NIST, and got an OOOPS! Page Not Found. So since I cannot corroborate your answer, we can both be right:laughtwo:. So, I guess if You want a Fatter than You are used to Pound, come here! It looks like we are practically giving it away for Free:hmmmm:! Thanks jandre2k3 for the info from Your/Our part of the Galactic Sector, only in NOR-CAL can we all be right!!!:blalol:SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

JTG you crack me up buddy. :rofl:

453.59237 / 16 = 28.349523125 Rounded, that's 28 grams... BUT if you Multiply... 28*16=448... It seems that converting from U.S. Ounces to the metric gram is not an exact science. This is why I'm a proponent of getting in line with the rest of the frikkin world and America switching to the metric system. Working with 10's and 100's is a lot easier than figuring 12, 16, 32, 48, and 56's all for different measures.

Our inch is broken into 16ths, but that same inch is 1/12 of a foot, which is 1/3 of a yard which is 1/1760 of a mile...

Also, 16 ounces in a pound is 1/2000 of a ton... which is ACTUALLY 907 kg. Missing 93kg of the metric tonne.

And don't frikkin get me started on VOLUME measurements... Oh, my GAWD that gets frikkin confusing...

Okay, I'm started on it. For some frikkin reason, there is a DRY ounce and a FLUID ounce, which has NOTHING to do with the other volume measurement of Teaspoon, tablespoon, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons!

Okay maybe I've gone overboard there, but 8Fl oz = 1C... which seems to be 16 TBSP

So there are 2 TBSP per Fl Oz... right? But there are frikkin 3 tsp to a TBSP?!?

and to confuse things even more....

3 tsp in a Tbsp
2 Tbsp in an ounce
8 oz in a cup.
4 cups in a quart / 32 oz in a quart.
4 quarts in a gallon / 128 oz in a gallon.

What's with all the frikkin different numbers... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 1000... DONE!!

How many mL in a L?? 1000... easy...

How many grams in a kilo?? 1000... easy...

How many meters in a kilometer?? yup you got it!! 1000... EASY!

Ugh... Metrics is so much less confusing...

jandre2k3, I am glad to be able to crack anyone up. It is Supposed to make You Live Longer,:thumb: and we can ALL use that! I wasn't kidding about the Packaging either:loopy:! It used to DRIVE ME NUTS. Anyways, take care, if you ever need a Bloated Pound, COME HERE:yahoo:! SINCERELY, JAMETHEGREEN:thumb:.

All I know about the weight of an ounce is that it never weighs 28 grams when it finally gets in your hands after your friends and their friends have taken their share before delivering to you. Around here the plastic baggie is included in the weight, along with stems and seeds. Something I won't be missin.:Namaste:

ATTN: GRACESGARDEN, Move Now!!! Just what your saying, is Really Pissing Me Off! What they are doing to You and Everyone else is just WRONG!!! I have NEVER been anywhere where this happens. Follow some Threads, and learn how to Grow!!!:slide:Then You can be the Master of Your Herb Supply!:tokin: And You can LOOK like this Everyday.:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Hey James, thanks, can't move, take care of mother-in-law, we can't move and she's 89, draining me, and very healthy, but likes to act like a child. Anyway, I did just what you mentioned, I'm on Day 48 of flowering, I started a grow journal a few weeks back. Anyway, I'm done buying dry buds, can't wait to taste my own. Thanks/grace:Namaste:
Day_48_flowering_002.JPG

All I know about the weight of an ounce is that it never weighs 28 grams when it finally gets in your hands after your friends and their friends have taken their share before delivering to you. Around here the plastic baggie is included in the weight, along with stems and seeds. Something I won't be missin.:Namaste:

ATTN: GRACESGARDEN, Move Now!!! Just what your saying, is Really Pissing Me Off! What they are doing to You and Everyone else is just WRONG!!! I have NEVER been anywhere where this happens. Follow some Threads, and learn how to Grow!!!:slide:Then You can be the Master of Your Herb Supply!:tokin: And You can LOOK like this Everyday.:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

:rofl:

Hey James, thanks, can't move, take care of mother-in-law, we can't move and she's 89, draining me, and very healthy, but likes to act like a child. Anyway, I did just what you mentioned, I'm on Day 48 of flowering, I started a grow journal a few weeks back. Anyway, I'm done buying dry buds, can't wait to taste my own. Thanks/grace:Namaste:

:bravo::cheer::thumb::goodjob::morenutes::goodluck::welldone::woohoo::party::;)::allgood:

Back
Top Bottom