Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

Just a Question, anyone feel free to answer. I keep LIKING certain Posts, go away from the page, and poof when I get back, all of my LIKES have been erased or something, so I like them again, and it happens all over again. Am I, or are they permitting Me to like things more than once. I am getting pretty Damn frustrated by this, anyone have a novel answer that will put me at ease? SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Drilling is just one example. Why not drill enough so and us our own natural resourses so we don't have to deal with countries that hate us anyway. Instead of putting them to work we could put our own to work. I do not believe by drilling we would wipe out any species of life with the new technolgies. Drill Baby Drill!!! Natural Gas is abundant in this country and runs cleaner than petroleum. It is proven to be able to run large trucks. This could be one solution. I know there are other solutions too. Win Win!!

The U.S. population is a major consumer of oil and the United States can't produce enough oil on its own to meet this demand. In 2008, the United States produced around 4.9 million barrels of crude oil per day [source: U.S. Energy Information Administration] -- that's almost two billion of barrels of crude oil for the year! However, the United States still has to import more than twice that amount to fill its business and consumer needs. Looking again at 2008, the United States imported around 9.8 million barrels of crude oil per day from other countries [source: U.S. Energy Information Administration], and that comes out to a whopping 3.5 billion barrels per year!

In 2009 America consumed 18,690,000.

DateAmountWorld
Consumption Rank
2009 18,690,000#1
2007 20,680,000#1
2005 20,800,000#1
2004 20,730,000#1
2003 20,030,000#1
2001 19,650,000#1

The Bakken oil field is the biggest oil field we have at 503 billion barrels (estimated) and not all of that is even recoverable. Oh yeah, 503 Billion is an impressive number, right?? Check this out: the USGS estimates that there are only 3,649 million barrels of technically recoverable oil in the entire US Bakken accumulation. Associated with the oil production are 1,850 billion cubic feet of natural gas.

Yeah that'll last past our life... But maybe not our kids' lives and definitely not our grandkids' lives... Only 182 years AT OUR CURRENT consumption, which is bound to rise. Besides, extraction is slow, and cannot be processed form source rock fast enough to keep up with demand... Sure things will be good for a while, but then we're right back where we are now... Hurting for the importing...

I agree that Natural Gas is a cleaner alternative, but guess where natural gas sits... Right on top of the oil and in MUCH less supply.

Then what? We only have 727 million barrels in the US oil reserves... That's about 36 years... That's in MY lifetime... America cannot produce enough oil to sustain our own hunger and must rely on outside producers to satiate it.

I, for one, think we all should think a little more long term.

We are the nations largest producer and exporter of natural gas. China imports more natural gas from us than any other nation. A lot of other experts think we could be self reliant with our own resourses.
I just think our nation needs to use what God gave us instead of using politics and wars to go elsewhere. Just think we could save a lot of lives and good karma by not invading different countries and telling the world what to do so we can protect our precious supply of crude oil.
I agree about the alternatives energies. However, I think we should use what we have now. Why not?

Heard about those Earthquakes Grace, scary to think We could really be causing them. I knew you were a Browns Fan! Ohio eh, maybe Cleveland, or somewheres there abouts! You Plants look GOOD, I bet they blow away that SHIT your, what shall we call them, Robbers in Charge, are selling. Do not let anyone in Your Area know what You are doing, as they might get jealous, and either rob You or turn You in. Just keep it all for Yourself and you wont create a War between the Robbers and You! They would probably like the competition as much as they like being fair to the People that buy their Shit:thedoubletake:. Not trying to tell You what to do, You probably know all of this already anyways:blushsmile:. I am so PROUD OF YOU!!!:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Lake Erie area, closer to Cedar Point, just got a terrible storm off the lake, more to come. Believe me, I've read all your guys posts before deciding to do this, this is my secret hobby, and I have no intentions on selling or sharing my hard work. I've had no problems with smells at all, it goes straight out the attic and the breeze blows it away constantly. I don't have a hard time keeping this to myself, I have isolated myself from these kind of people, even ended two relationships of 15 and 30 years, these girlfriends of mine were so negative, always crying the blues, looking for advices and never taking it. Weak people, they drain your energy. Thanks James:peace:

We are the nations largest producer and exporter of natural gas. China imports more natural gas from us than any other nation. A lot of other experts think we could be self reliant with our own resourses.
I just think our nation needs to use what God gave us instead of using politics and wars to go elsewhere. Just think we could save a lot of lives and good karma by not invading different countries and telling the world what to do so we can protect our precious supply of crude oil.
I agree about the alternatives energies. However, I think we should use what we have now. Why not?

I agree, Natural Gas is a much cleaner burning and more efficient fuel than those from crude, and I see no reason not to use what we have already. Hell, all the city buses, civic maintenance vehicles, and government vehicles run on CNG with the exception of the police cars and heavy equipment that are still on some form of petroleum whether Gasoline or Diesel. My point is that if every American switched to CNG burning cars, I doubt that supplies would last long at all. Combining the two, (oil and CNG) will only delay the inevitable, and using natural, non-renewable resources, at some point it will be depleted, at which point there will need to have been some thinking beyond "Keep Drilling".

Here, where I live, we are already seeing the car plug-ins going into some businesses, and some gas stations are now offering ethanol. This, in my opinion is a step in the right direction to weaning Americans off their dependance on oil and other fossil fuels, not drilling for more to place a band-aid on a wound that will not heal.

BTW, I am loving this debate :cheesygrinsmiley: thank you for having it with me. I mean no ill will to you. I revel in the spirited conversation had with intelligent people.

Hey Surfbuddy, if you would like for this debate to cease, you only need to say so and I will drop it.

I agree, Natural Gas is a much cleaner burning and more efficient fuel than those from crude, and I see no reason not to use what we have already. Hell, all the city buses, civic maintenance vehicles, and government vehicles run on CNG with the exception of the police cars and heavy equipment that are still on some form of petroleum whether Gasoline or Diesel. My point is that if every American switched to CNG burning cars, I doubt that supplies would last long at all. Combining the two, (oil and CNG) will only delay the inevitable, and using natural, non-renewable resources, at some point it will be depleted, at which point there will need to have been some thinking beyond "Keep Drilling".

Here, where I live, we are already seeing the car plug-ins going into some businesses, and some gas stations are now offering ethanol. This, in my opinion is a step in the right direction to weaning Americans off their dependance on oil and other fossil fuels, not drilling for more to place a band-aid on a wound that will not heal.

BTW, I am loving this debate :cheesygrinsmiley: thank you for having it with me. I mean no ill will to you. I revel in the spirited conversation had with intelligent people.

Hey Surfbuddy, if you would like for this debate to cease, you only need to say so and I will drop it.

They have all kinds of alternate energy systems, they just haven't finished getting all the money they can from gas, once it stops being as profitable as it is now they will then be selling us the rest of the energy sources they are holding back from us, and then continue with their large profits. Anyway, that's my opinion/grace:peace:

I like this debate too! Never will there ever be hard feelings with me. In my family when I grew up my mother always told me to not be afraid to have an opinion and express it. Thank you for allowing me.

If it must cease it must. If it must not it must go on. It is all in SB's hands!

I do not like ethynol. To me when you use food to make energy that is a waste of recources. I would be all for it if there were no starving people. Also, It has been proven that you get more miles to the gallon when using pure gas that with ethyl.

I like the idea of plugging a car in to go. I believe the prius recharges its batteries when the brakes are being used. I am sure there could be a time in the future that a car would be able to recharge itself without having to plug in all the time. That would be really awesome. Even the little RC Race cars are going to electric. The fastest RC car available over the counter is electric now. It goes over a 100 miles a hour in just seconds!

heheh, brushless motors are the best IMHO. They will go faster the more volts you put to them, BUT, run too much through them and you'll smell the awful smell of cooked lacquer, and the motor will putt to a stop. Time to throw it away, or harvest the mags out of it. I used to make my own with neodymium magnets, but I wouldn't suggest anyone try this one as they can get VERY expensive and are really brittle, and prone to losing magnetism if heated so you have to find a good balance of wire gauge and power vs. weight and heat output.... They were great for my dragsters, but not really very good for RC cross, rally, or blacktop track. N35's can really take a lot of heat though, (200*F-or-so) but I never got to work with those. Mine were N4's so they were like 150* if I remember. Not much in the Texas summer heat.

I like this debate too! Never will there ever be hard feelings with me. In my family when I grew up my mother always told me to not be afraid to have an opinion and express it. Thank you for allowing me.

If it must cease it must. If it must not it must go on. It is all in SB's hands!

I do not like ethynol. To me when you use food to make energy that is a waste of recources. I would be all for it if there were no starving people. Also, It has been proven that you get more miles to the gallon when using pure gas that with ethyl.

I like the idea of plugging a car in to go. I believe the prius recharges its batteries when the brakes are being used. I am sure there could be a time in the future that a car would be able to recharge itself without having to plug in all the time. That would be really awesome. Even the little RC Race cars are going to electric. The fastest RC car available over the counter is electric now. It goes over a 100 miles a hour in just seconds!

Those pug-in cars, The Leaf are popping up all over the place here. I was at the green's Wal (<-> switcharoo that) the other day, and to my surprise, there was a plug-n-go station for them installed.

Yes the prius does recharge the batteries when braking, but still relies on gasoline to get up and go. There are some mad prius drivers around here that got them and found that the gas mileage that is advertized is not what they get, but those drivers are also prone to the jackrabbit start, so there goes the mileage right out the tailpipe.

I'm also liking the idea behind the Biodiesel. We have a couple of "french fry" trucks around here, and to ride behind them is AWESOME! They just go by their local restaurant and pick up all their used oil and process it to diesel. Really good way to recycle, if you ask me.

im not that technical mate, aint got a clue what you going on a bout, but i do know brushless motors mean less heat more spead, my tamyo rc car has them. my fish tank pump has them, they even work under water, the bit that spins round in my fish tank pump is under water, the actual motor parts are sealed but the spindle with the prop on it spins and this is in the water, its the way forward i think, its just about getting the power right, not sure how full size cars would work with brushless motors but they way tech is going it wont be long before these motors use less power but get more powerfull, i have got a fuel nitro car, does 70mph and its 1/6 scale so its over 2ft long, you need good space to use that, hit someone and you could kill them, my battery rc car does slightly less but the shop i buy my parts from has these new motors and the petrol rc cars will be out classed by battery motors very soon, not sure torque related how it works, but flat surface rc cars would benefit, its just the battery time thats the problem, you spend more you get longer life from the battery, but thats where petrol rc comes into its own, you only have batts for the steering so dont use much power and can bu run for longer, but with the brakes on them and the power from a stop start really bashes the tyres, i can get through tyres in a few hours, but thats me, i like to give them a good run every now and again,

im not that technical mate, aint got a clue what you going on a bout, but i do know brushless motors mean less heat more spead, my tamyo rc car has them. my fish tank pump has them, they even work under water, the bit that spins round in my fish tank pump is under water, the actual motor parts are sealed but the spindle with the prop on it spins and this is in the water, its the way forward i think, its just about getting the power right, not sure how full size cars would work with brushless motors but they way tech is going it wont be long before these motors use less power but get more powerfull, i have got a fuel nitro car, does 70mph and its 1/6 scale so its over 2ft long, you need good space to use that, hit someone and you could kill them, my battery rc car does slightly less but the shop i buy my parts from has these new motors and the petrol rc cars will be out classed by battery motors very soon, not sure torque related how it works, but flat surface rc cars would benefit, its just the battery time thats the problem, you spend more you get longer life from the battery, but thats where petrol rc comes into its own, you only have batts for the steering so dont use much power and can bu run for longer, but with the brakes on them and the power from a stop start really bashes the tyres, i can get through tyres in a few hours, but thats me, i like to give them a good run every now and again,

In the fish tank, it's an impeller, The actual motor is inside a watertight case, and the magnets are used to dive the impeller.

Yeah, the dragsters I used to build, were pretty boss. They got up to 50-60mph (80-96kph), and that was in the 1980's.

should build a car now mate, i may even dig mine out and see what upgrades they got, im sure my son would love to destroy one of my cars, he is 7 so wont be having full control off them yet, probably be best if i got him a basic one first to get used to, ill dig mine out from my moms and have a look, see what has improved, it must be years since i even used them, i got a beach buggy, a off road type one and this 1/6th scale monster, ill get them from my moms, ill pm you some pics, the size of the one is huge, ive not even seen many for sale, you need a van or big car to take them out, it was an impulse buy some years ago,

Yeah, my dragsters got up to about 2.5 feet (0.46m) and were pretty heavy with batteries (home made power pack), servos, motor and crap... but on the outside of the cowl, it was all quiet power. I made vacuform bodies to fit my monstrosities on the chassis and painted the insides with flashy colors so other competitors couldn't see what was "under the hood". Had a lot of fun, but I got kicked out of nitro class when I ran my first race and won, (on a bet) and winning against the electric class was no fun. Soon no one wanted to race me but one other self-builder... I saw everything from the 5.7v on up to the 12.9v class get blown away by my brushless 4.3 volt home-made. Race officials actually told me that if I didn't buy my motor, I wasn't allowed to drag race anymore. WHAT?!?! I guess they got bought out by someone that could afford to throw their money away on a slower, less efficient motor. "So what if I build my own motors? Sorry you don't have the time to devote to winding your own core or tech your own IC boards!"

So I went to RC planes. Now THAT was fun...

Yeah, my dragsters got up to about 2.5 feet (0.46m) and were pretty heavy with batteries (home made power pack), servos, motor and crap... but on the outside of the cowl, it was all quiet power. I made vacuform bodies to fit my monstrosities on the chassis and painted the insides with flashy colors so other competitors couldn't see what was "under the hood". Had a lot of fun, but I got kicked out of nitro class when I ran my first race and won, (on a bet) and winning against the electric class was no fun. Soon no one wanted to race me but one other self-builder... I saw everything from the 5.7v on up to the 12.9v class get blown away by my brushless 4.3 volt home-made. Race officials actually told me that if I didn't buy my motor, I wasn't allowed to drag race anymore. WHAT?!?! I guess they got bought out by someone that could afford to throw their money away on a slower, less efficient motor. "So what if I build my own motors? Sorry you don't have the time to devote to winding your own core or tech your own IC boards!"

So I went to RC planes. Now THAT was fun...

I watched a really cool documentary the other day about the life of professional RC racers. It was really interesting.

Sounds like you had one bad ass dragster. I never realized that they also had drag races too. That sounds like a lot of fun! I tell you. I can see how that would be an addictive hobby. I know you went to planes. You must like that more than the cars.

Dog fights are INTENSE!! Must have VERY fast reflexes, and an even better attack plan to cut their ribbon before yours gets cut. Believe me, keeping your eye on TWO planes at the same time, and trying to control the correct one takes a LOT of practice, or you kiss dirt.

No mater what though, you have to be ready to lose your plane on every flight, because mid-air collisions happen... often... When flying that close to each other, it's like controlled chaos. Whirring props, barrel rolls, loops, S-patterns, crazy 8's, Ivans, it goes on and on... Eventually, **CRACK**BOOM** both planes go down in flames. Well, not usually, but if they hit head on it's quite pretty until the fire extinguishers cover the area with foam.

Update: NL Chopped 7/3

Wet weight 208.3g, with four kolas of 135.6g and other misc side branches and nugs of 72.7g We'll see how she drys.

Pic is pre-cut and trim
NL-pre-chopDSC00326.jpg

Post cut, this stub will be revegged
NL-post-chopDSC00342.jpg

NL Hanging
NLhangingDSC00345.jpg

Stacked Kush Leaf and my phone. She took NL's place in flower... It's at 9 hours daytime now, not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet.
SKleafDSC00346.jpg

I'll have better pics when they dry.

As to the direction of conversation on this thread- It's all good as long as it remains "friendly" and away from name calling flaming etc. It seems I missed a political debate turned energy debate turned RC car turned RC plane themes... Personally, I think we should have ron paul in office, but no one will vote for him, although it seems that every president, no matter what BS they say to get in office, once they get in they go into some dark chambered meeting and come out paler, older, and more worried due to the "realities" of office that the public will never know about.

But I look at it like this, Bush had an 8 year chance to flub things up into the state the economy is in now, so why not let this hawaiian try for 8 years... I'd rather see that than have a guy who flip flops so much he doesn't even have a speech where he hasn't directly contradicted himself even within the last year, and who is so disconnected from the rest of us that he doesn't even know he is disconnected.

Re: energy I think too that we need to invest in alternative energy. We're going to need oil regardless of whether we use it for (there was an article in Nat Geog that had a photo of a family posing in front of all the shit that we use daily that is made from petroleum but I can't find it), even without using it as a fuel. So why not save it for those things and use/explore a different source of energy.

RC stuff, never got that into it but GF just got an RC helicopter, which is kinda fun :)
:surf:

great result mate, i am also going down the re-veg root, i took some clones very late into flower and they have ended up monster cropped, and the growth now its back in veg is amazing, i got more branches than i have ever seen, and they are growing a lot quicker than the plants i took the clones from, is that what your aiming for with that, i think it would be a great way to make a mother plant, due to the fact i can take loads and loads of clones all ready and its not been vegged long so cant wait to see how it turns out,i wont be using it as a mother, i wasnt even planning on taking clones, but i decided to try this monster cropping and im amazed at the results, but the problem is, does this mean more bud and a bigger yield, or does it mean im going to have a lot of smaller buds and pretty much the same yield as last time, im hoping the first is true and ill have a bigger yield than last time round, all ready the 1 kush clone is bigger than its mother was even after 7weeks of veg, these have only been in veg a couple weeks and growing like crazy

Yeah, weak People really do drain your energy! They do it faster than a Tank or Plane eats Fuel! I applaud You on staying away from these types of People. Grace, why are you stuck taking care of an 89 yr old Woman, I know You said why, but I cannot find the Thread. I think You said it is because they are Your Better Halves Family. My Mom has Alzheimers, and does not know who I am anymore:rollingeyes:, and it hurts! Keep on Keeping On Grace, You will reap the Karma for being a good Family member:thumb:! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Sorry if I threw the direction of this Thread onto a different tangent:trance:, it was truly unintentional. I get back after having been gone for a couple of Days, dealing with a Family Members Medical Problems, and you guys are now talking about Racing Model Cars and Planes! Anyways, back to the Plants Surfbuddy, what You have Harvested looks "KILLER", it looks like You are trying to speed dry them(I COULD BE WRONG), I would let them Dry Slowly, in a Cool, Dark Dry Place. Then when they are Dry enough to Jar Up, I would do so, that way they can cure properly! I bet You know all this already, but in case You did not, I thought I would put it out there:rolleyes3. Great Grow!!! Can not wait to hear how they tasted, their effects, and flavors.:thumb: Take Care Brother. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Back
Top Bottom