SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

Have fun Sue! Congrats to your friend for selling her house!

She was touched that you'd think of her Van. Thank you for making her feel special. She said to tell you thank you from her.

Congrats on the harvest Sue!!! I bet your house smells soooo delicious with those fresh flowers hangin about!! Where's the smellovision!!??? Happy Tuesday!! :volcano-smiley:

OMG Scottay, the smell every time I pass her in the hall is rediculous. :laughtwo: I just noticed as I read this that the smell really permeates the entire apartment, but I'm so conditioned to the smell of cannabis that I don't notice it. Lol!

Canyon said:
Way back when I was still growing in the back of a closet, I tried putting plants in darkness for 28 to 48 hours. Then, I would go with about 10 hours until the flowers were showing and jump to 12. Near the end I would start increasing the daylight time.

I only tried this a few times but I think it reduced the overall time it took for flowers to show. As far as the extended daylight near the end, it may have extended the flowering time some and built better buds. That was my impression anyway.

My first question is at what age did you put them into darkness? How close to the finish did you begin increasing the daylight hours, and how much of an increase? You didn't think the increase was significant enough to try this again or continue as a regular practice?

The entire weekend was... pleasant ;) . Oh, and R. just stopped in for dessert and his birthday card. We all loved them, there. Thanks from everyone.

And I'm really chuffed over the seeds I placed into water cracking and extending rootlets so quickly. That was technically part of the weekend, too (when I dropped them), so... yes, a good weekend all around.

Called Mom on the way to work this morning and learned that her sister passed yesterday. Ya have to take the bad along with the good, I suppose. Down to three of them (out of 12 or 14). Oh, and I believe Mom's great aunt is still kicking - that one got smart and moved to Australia around 60 years ago, lol, so she might outlive us all. Or... IDK. Haven't heard from/about her for maybe two years, now that I think about it. Hmm...

That happens from time to time (if the seller is lucky ;) ). People might think the property has been listed below market value in order to start a bidding war. Or comps for similar properties in the neighborhood may be high. Or the buyer's lease is up (or they're actually living out of a motel :rolleyes3 ) .

My condolences to your family on your aunt's exit from the physical realm. Don't you find yourself wondering what she might be doing now that she's free of physical limitations? I know I always wonder that when people pass. The mystery that we'll never solve until we die ourselves.

Sincere condolences .. Here's the only virtual hug I could give you :hug: ... An hour ago my mom in law called that my husbands grandma passed away, still a bit in shock, she was 89 though.. was getting ready to leave for her in the morning, guess she didn't wanna see us one last time :laughtwo:
I took a painkiller (bad) and ripped a top off my pretty Tangie auto (bad) that still has a month to go.. well my headache told me to, so I talked it out with Tangie and she understood :love:

Here the prices on houses have started to get up to ridiculous highs again.. can't be a good sign since last time we barely made it through the economic crisis, hope that we learned something from last time, but feels like nope.

Sue that lady you cut smells delicious, lemme tell you I can lick my screen and I tasted it :rofl:

:circle-of-love: We need some love today!! And no haven't had that bud yet, even if I may type like I have :laughtwo:

I have plenty of love to offer. :battingeyelashes:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

We need to get you on capsules and find a dose that eliminates the headaches, but how thankful am I that you had a Tangie on hand to make a sacrifice on your behalf. :circle-of-love:

Came to see the pictures leaving happy with the close ups but super excited to see UltraDawg upside down, harvest happy:cheer:

I worked my ass off to get that picture just to impress you keltic, so I'm glad my plan worked. :battingeyelashes: :love: Thank you for the compliment, and for being such a brilliantly talented photographer that you push me to be better. :hug:

UD has moved from the kitchen to the hallway to dry before I deep six her into darkness for two months. I really want to replicate what Shiggity just did.

IMG_043843.JPG

Along those lines, I jarred up Carn4 today.

IMG_043348.JPG

IMG_043245.JPG

IMG_043146.JPG

These two branches are going into complete darkness.

IMG_043653.JPG

Back in this closet, closed up in this bag, they'll sit for two months. I just wanted to see if that would work with buds already trimmed. The irony is I never trim this closely, but for Carn 4 I got carried away. Now I stumble upon a curing technique that works when nothing is trimmed at harvest. :laughtwo:

Let the cure commence!

IMG_043442.JPG

A treat from my daughter. She found this on Reddit's Trees thread.

Cannabis eclipse. :circle-of-love:

IMG_043945.JPG

Sue: "My first question is at what age did you put them into darkness? How close to the finish did you begin increasing the daylight hours, and how much of an increase? You didn't think the increase was significant enough to try this again or continue as a regular practice?"

My best guess is that it was 7or 8 years ago. They were probably around 6 months old. I think probably the last three weeks I kept increasing the light until I got to 14 hr days near harvest. I knew a lot less then. All I can say is, I don't remember having any real problems.

I run perpetual grows so it is not something I could work with now.

Let's just say I have experimented with the hempy setup by a friend and it was a disaster. I didn't pH the water, think that was my downfall.

I tried the hempy, too, but I could not wrap my old soil-grower mind around the feeding schedule, and my plants were 1/3 smaller than soil grow. You don't have to PH in soil.

The RX Green Solutions Grow Better line of nutrients I'm using right now don't require pH adjustment. I can't wait to get the last of the Osmo girls done so I can stop the practice myself. The difference is astounding.

Soil girls

IMG_045149.JPG

Hempy girls

IMG_045252.JPG

You see why I'm switching? :battingeyelashes:

Sue: "My first question is at what age did you put them into darkness? How close to the finish did you begin increasing the daylight hours, and how much of an increase? You didn't think the increase was significant enough to try this again or continue as a regular practice?"

My best guess is that it was 7or 8 years ago. They were probably around 6 months old. I think probably the last three weeks I kept increasing the light until I got to 14 hr days near harvest. I knew a lot less then. All I can say is, I don’t remember having any real problems.

I run perpetual grows so it is not something I could work with now.

Yeah, I run perpetual too, so it's not something I'll be trying anytime soon. :battingeyelashes: Interesting concept though.

Good morning everyone :love:

You'd be surprised at the number of times I walk right past this and don't notice. Lol!

I love over the way the fans embrace the buds when you hang them intact. Made me wish I'd left them all on.

IMG_045349.JPG

Next harvest I will.

IMG_045550.JPG

Hit her with a flash and she lights up like a Christmas tree. :slide: This strain is a great oil producer, by all appearances.

IMG_045961.JPG

IMG_046344.JPG

IMG_0464.PNG

What a delightful sight to greet the day. Just made the joy bubble right up to the surface and overflow. :yahoo:

Time to crank up another day my friends. I may actually have a light garden day today. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure I'll find something to occupy the time. Lol. For one thing, I need to adjust the lights over my veg shelf. The older girls have grown too tall.

IMG_046658.JPG

Looks like I have some rearranging to do. That seems to be a reaccuring theme for this shelf. Lol!

I hope you woke today to the thrill of another chance to play with the cosmos. There's no better way to view life than through the lens of gratitude and joy, IMHO, so if you haven't already, stop and proclaim right out loud "You bet I'm ready to play!"

:laughtwo: I do get a little passionate about it, don't I? You all have been wonderfully indulgent of my effusive nature. I appreciate that, since I may be incapable of toning it down very much. Lol!

Time to roll into the kitchen and feed Susan before the rest of the crew. Try things a little different this morning. Lol! I can't be the only one among us who discovers that three hours have flown by tending to the girls and no food yet materialized for the gardener. Today I'll try to flip that dynamic in favor of my grumbling stomach. It's so easy to get distracted with this many charges.

I decided last night to accelerate the flowering stage of a couple of the girls that I might be inclined to let veg longer. I want to get the garden back under control with the regular strains of Carnival, DDA, CBD Critical Cure and Candy Cane, with possibly two other strains in the running, but stop at that. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all of this.

It'll slow down if I stop taking clones of everyone when I flip. Risky business, I know, because you never know when this one is "the one." The reality of my garden is that I've already identified four strains that fit that category, so it's time to make some choices for consistency and resist the pull to explore every strain in the world. :laughtwo:

Alright, I'll stop talking for a while now and get that breakfast feast going. Until later my friends,

:ciao:

Time to roll into the kitchen and feed Susan before the rest of the crew. Try things a little different this morning. Lol! I can't be the only one among us who discovers that three hours have flown by tending to the girls and no food yet materialized for the gardener. Today I'll try to flip that dynamic in favor of my grumbling stomach. It's so easy to get distracted with this many charges.

I decided last night to accelerate the flowering stage of a couple of the girls that I might be inclined to let veg longer. I want to get the garden back under control with the regular strains of Carnival, DDA, CBD Critical Cure and Candy Cane, with possibly two other strains in the running, but stop at that. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all of this.

It'll slow down if I stop taking clones of everyone when I flip. Risky business, I know, because you never know when this one is "the one." The reality of my garden is that I've already identified four strains that fit that category, so it's time to make some choices for consistency and resist the pull to explore every strain in the world. :laughtwo:

Alright, I'll stop talking for a while now and get that breakfast feast going. Until later my friends,

:ciao:

I was wondering when this might happen. It's always more fun when you're getting a harvest every few days.

:goodjob::bravo::love:

I was wondering when this might happen. It's always more fun when you're getting a harvest every few days.

:goodjob::bravo::love:

And that's the problem Jim. I adore the having frequent harvests. Lol! If you want to harvest every two weeks you have to grow a lot of plants. I hear frequently that you keep them in veg as long as you want, but I'll be honest and admit that with these new nutrients and hempy I having a time containing them. :laughtwo:

Looks like a great candidate to do that! 2 months not so long away, good luck UD!:high-five:

Thankfully I have other harvests to pull from, and I cut off one tiny, sticky bud to test. It's drying on top of one of the quantum boards. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Today she smells mostly of hay.

IMG_047643.JPG

She's noticably shrinking now, as the hydration diminishes. I'm beginning to pay closer attention to the progression through drying and curing. Shiggity gave me some fine-tuning pointers yesterday. I'm getting ready to walk to Lowe's and pick up a new bucket with a lid. Turkey bags are a staple around our canna kitchens. Lol! Sometimes I wonder if the retail world has any inkling of the magnitude of the economic machine that is cannabis cultivation. :laughtwo:

The apartment has the sweet underlay of the predominant terpene in the Devil's Carnival. Wish I knew what that one was. It's a strong contributor to the scent of Carnival as well, but definately more pronounced in the DC. I'm feeling blessed to be up here on the top floor, at the end of the hall, where no one goes but me. :laughtwo: Look at this beast. :thedoubletake:

IMG_047749.JPG

IMG_047848.JPG

IMG_047950.JPG

IMG_048037.JPG

IMG_0481.PNG

The colas are filling out a full 18" deep, and doing so with vigor and oodles of promise. :yahoo:

IMG_048261.JPG

She's gonna give me more than on ounce, that's for sure. Lol! Well my friends, I have a bucket to purchase and it's a mile away. The Burgh is enjoying a superb summer day of moderate temps and mostly cloudy skies, much like the developing atmosphere on the surface of my CBD Critical Cure coming into her harvest window. Lol!

Time to get out there and show the world how happy stoners demonstrate joy. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's the one time I don't mind the stereotype. We are happy, and by God, if everyone was free to grow like we do they'd all be happier too, don't you think?

It occured to me yesterday that I grow more plants than I believe any state has legalized for a home grow. My daughter reminded me that I was growing as a caregiver, so no I wasn't over some arbitrary limit. That made me feel much better about what I do in the privacy of my own home.

We have an electrician coming in next week to give an estimate on installing dedicated outlets for the air conditioning units used by tenants. A nice upgrade that would have created a little complication on my end, considering what I'd have to disguise. Turn off the filter for very long and there's no denying I have something behind those curtains that isn't Christmas decorations. Lol!

Well, before Dale got really sick he and I installed a new circuit to power his workbench area and the lights over his Tillandsia garden. It's the circuit I now use to power my grow. The main reason we went through that trouble was to leave the outlet that the air conditioner draws from, an outlet on its own circuit, as a dedicated line. So, the electrician doesn't have to stop here and the landlord, who'd forgotten he financed our upgrade, was thrilled to learn he wouldn't need to pay to have one installed here.

I thought that worked out really well. :cheesygrinsmiley: May your day have magical moments like that sprinkled from start to finish. Remember, life is supposed to feel good, and only you control how good it feels for you. :hug: :love:

Later guys. Gotta run. :ciao:

Looks like Dale continues to watch out for you Sue, it's not just coincidence!

That hanging girl looks like a nice frosty lady. I hope your test works out!

She's covered in sparkly trichomes Shiggity. :slide: I'm all ready now to seal her up for a couple months.

IMG_048460.JPG

Nice Sue just make sure to check the first couple of days and make sure she stays dry enough. Wouldn't want you to get mold terps hahah!

Mold terps.....:rofl:

Took the time to do a little Upcanning today. Blue Dream S1 and Ultra Dawg 1.1 both got deeper pots.

IMG_048751.JPG

IMG_049648.JPG

IMG_049750.JPG

I also clipped the tops off the leaders on Devil's Carnival 1.1 and Thin Mint Cookies 1.1. They have a bit more time to veg. I can see Malawi is getting close to the limits of her one gallon, and Neiko had warned me that she'll need to be flipped as soon as she gets root bound in this pot. She'll get priority for the real estate in the bloom tent. Before long I'll have all three in there.

Happy Friday Sue!! I love how it looks like the leaves on those hanging flowers almost hugs them!! Very cool indeed. I've heard a lot to be said of the terpines on the sugar leaves. I know you're a big fan of decarbing. Have you ever heard/seen of cooking bag sealed water decarbing? The chefs I saw did it in 150-200F water but zero terpines were lost but only marinated in it's own natural juices. Was interesting. It was a cooking show called Bong Apetit!! I thought of you today as I made a tin of brownies :thumb: I leave the plant material in them for fiber goodness!! Haha Hope everyone has a great day!!! :volcano-smiley:

On a side note I ate a decent sized browie at 230pm and at 10pm could still feel that giddiness inside! (Yessss I said Giddy) :volcano-smiley:

You'd be surprised at the number of times I walk right past this and don't notice. Lol!

I love over the way the fans embrace the buds when you hang them intact. Made me wish I'd left them all on.

IMG_045349.JPG

Next harvest I will.

IMG_045550.JPG
"I love over the way the fans embrace the buds when you hang them intact."

i dropped a tear with the quote and picture :Namaste::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom