SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Dilly Dilly...Philly Philly

Great big white ball in the sky today. Calls me out there. Great looking girl you have going to harvest tomorrow.

:passitleft:

:laughtwo: I had a good laugh when I saw they won. A friend told me it was a game worth watching.

The sun's calling me too. I'm on my way out in a few minutes. Have fun getting the natural Vit D Jim. :kisstwo:

Sweet Sue I love to read your journal it is full of wonderful life your zest for life and unselfish giving are an inspiration to me. You are one of the "good ones" peace!

Why thank you SOG. I love writing them. :hug:

ACV is such a treat now that I know how effective it truly is. ACV every day keeps the diabetes away.

That huuuuge 15 gallon bad girl is going to be the hugest plant you ever grew, even bigger than your Jamaican baby. I think, hahahahaha.

Love being here to drop by for my daily hug :hug:

I'm good for daily hugs. :hug::hug::hug:

I stopped to take a look before I run out the door into the cold but sunny day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's gonna be hard to beat the Jamaican, I think. She's feeding a copious amount of tops.

IMG_87127.JPG

IMG_87138.JPG

And they're all becoming frosty. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_87146.JPG

IMG_87178.JPG

This was the first I noticed the blossoms changing color. :woohoo:

IMG_87188.JPG

Carn 4.6 looks happy to have more soil.

IMG_87207.JPG

She hasn't figured out yet she can grow vertically. Lol! That'll likely start tomorrow. Look how perky she is though. :slide:

IMG_87216.JPG

Alright gang, let's see how fast I can get changed and bundled for the cold. Until later. :ciao:

High Sue,
Looking sweet in the yard.
Enjoy your day!:passitleft:

Looking good. Frost is starting for sure.

I know. I gotta get the CATs in. Considering my challenges with her I'm not certain whether to give her TransWater next or go straight to the CAT. Think I'll ask Doc.

High Sue,
Looking sweet in the yard.
Enjoy your day!:passitleft:

Hey buckaroo. :hug: Don't you love what we do? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Since she comes down tomorrow I took some Swan Song photos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_87285.JPG

IMG_87295.JPG

IMG_87295.JPG

IMG_87308.JPG

IMG_87346.JPG

IMG_87363.JPG

IMG_87375.JPG

IMG_87384.JPG

Her last night will be unfettered.

IMG_87485.JPG

IMG_87505.JPG

IMG_87514.JPG

IMG_87546.JPG

IMG_875611.JPG

IMG_87596.JPG

Thats enough for me. :battingeyelashes: I haven't had dinner yet and the stomach is growling. :laughtwo: Until later :ciao:

Wow!
Enjoy your meal....you earned it suga.:circle-of-love:

Wow!
Enjoy your meal....you earned it suga.:circle-of-love:

Mmmm..... it was tasty too. Mango Chicken with chutney jasmine rice and vegetables. Thank God frozen entrees have entered a golden age. :laughtwo: At 11 PM I think I'll pass on the brownie and have DDA again. I just finished Callanetics right before that last post. Now I'm all charged up and nourished. Time to see what I've missed out on around the threads. Looks like the Opioid Withdrawal thread will have to wait until after harvest. I'll be turning her into FHO. :slide: That means all day on my feet, my chief reason for my pulsing session. Now the body is ready for the strain.

Good morning everyone :love:

I'm fully engaged with cosmic play mode today. :laughtwo:

The deed is done. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_87614.JPG

IMG_87625.JPG

IMG_87635.JPG

IMG_87657.JPG

IMG_87645.JPG

I'll be back later. I need to wash the smell off before I go have lunch with the seniors. :laughtwo: By the time I get back she'll be ready for oil-making. :slide:

OK.....did that spark a joyful murmur from deep within? Good. Now get out there and potentiate it by sharing with anyone lucky enough to cross your path today.

Love you all. :ciao:

Great looking harvest Sue. All green n stuff. Now that's a growing goal right there, to get to harvest with super healthy plants instead of plants with deficiencies or lockouts or nute burn (changing colours from drawing out the last nutrients all natural like or from a flush is fine though).

What type of oil will you be making? And what page number/journal would your current recipe be on? I'm going to be real interested in your CBD and oil threads soon. Well, 3+ months soon. I've got 3 CBD Critical Cure seeds to try but I've got growing a CBD Hash Plant from Seedsman for my first CBD chemovar cause the effects should be more suited for my needs. I'll likely smoke/vape the first batch depending on how much I get but a high CBD chemovar or two will most certainly be in my grow from here on out.

Great looking harvest Sue. All green n stuff. Now that's a growing goal right there, to get to harvest with super healthy plants instead of plants with deficiencies or lockouts or nute burn (changing colours from drawing out the last nutrients all natural like or from a flush is fine though).

What type of oil will you be making? And what page number/journal would your current recipe be on? I'm going to be real interested in your CBD and oil threads soon. Well, 3+ months soon. I've got 3 CBD Critical Cure seeds to try but I've got growing a CBD Hash Plant from Seedsman for my first CBD chemovar cause the effects should be more suited for my needs. I'll likely smoke/vape the first batch depending on how much I get but a high CBD chemovar or two will most certainly be in my grow from here on out.

I flushed this girl every day for 10 days, expecting her to fade a little. When trichomes started turning amber I gave up waiting. :laughtwo: I'll be turning her into Fresh Harvest Oil this afternoon. All the buds get clipped into a stock pot, oil is added and it's all blended into a pulp with an immersion blender. Then the stock pot goes into an oil bath and the cooking commences. It's a way to bill out the water, infuse and decarb all in one.

I use the measurement for double-strength FHO - 400 grams of wet buds to 500 ml of extra-virgin olive oil. We have a thread on this oil. You'll find it here.

Awesome work as always Sue! She’s a frosty one.

Have a good lunch with...the seniors. LOL! Just a guess, corn on the cob won’t be served. :tokin:

I'm the baby in the group. :laughtwo: You'd be correct in that assumption GT. Lol!

I flushed this girl every day for 10 days, expecting her to fade a little. When trichomes started turning amber I gave up waiting. :laughtwo: I'll be turning her into Fresh Harvest Oil this afternoon. All the buds get clipped into a stock pot, oil is added and it's all blended into a pulp with an immersion blender. Then the stock pot goes into an oil bath and the cooking commences. It's a way to bill out the water, infuse and decarb all in one.

I use the measurement for double-strength FHO - 400 grams of wet buds to 500 ml of extra-virgin olive oil. We have a thread on this oil. You'll find it here.

Thanks Sue, always the fountain of knowledge, which is why I'll be showing more of an active interest in your journals/learnings now I've got my own grow growing.

Is your FHO the same recipe as what you started out with (meaning the first post recipe)? I've noticed with some of your community learning experiences that what you start out with isn't always the recipe you end up with a year later. Don't get me wrong that's a great thing to be learning and sharing with the community what works best, it's just that going through what can sometimes be hundreds of pages and thousands of posts to find the latest recipe can take a while. I love learning but that can get a little overwhelming. You may do so already (I took a bit of a break from 420 around Christmas and New Years) but any chance you do like a yearly update on community learny stuffs? Like, the recipe starts out with this (page 1), increased amount of something to something else (page 17), username suggested using X instead of Y (page 33), and a year later or on the new year do the latest/current recipe as if you were writing it for the first time with the latest ingredients/technique. That's not just something for you but something I'd love to see from every popular community learning experience, a 6-montly/yearly update that condenses 6-12 months of learning and posts into one or two posts (links as required). Maybe I've just been spoiled by awsome peoples such as yourself with all the fantastic information and linkage to posts/websites.

Thanks Sue, always the fountain of knowledge, which is why I'll be showing more of an active interest in your journals/learnings now I've got my own grow growing.

Is your FHO the same recipe as what you started out with (meaning the first post recipe)? I've noticed with some of your community learning experiences that what you start out with isn't always the recipe you end up with a year later. Don't get me wrong that's a great thing to be learning and sharing with the community what works best, it's just that going through what can sometimes be hundreds of pages and thousands of posts to find the latest recipe can take a while. I love learning but that can get a little overwhelming. You may do so already (I took a bit of a break from 420 around Christmas and New Years) but any chance you do like a yearly update on community learny stuffs? Like, the recipe starts out with this (page 1), increased amount of something to something else (page 17), username suggested using X instead of Y (page 33), and a year later or on the new year do the latest/current recipe as if you were writing it for the first time with the latest ingredients/technique. That's not just something for you but something I'd love to see from every popular community learning experience, a 6-montly/yearly update that condenses 6-12 months of learning and posts into one or two posts (links as required). Maybe I've just been spoiled by awsome peoples such as yourself with all the fantastic information and linkage to posts/websites.

I'm more interested in starting a community thread dedicated to our favorite oil recipies, all in one place. Trying to organize this much information as it's still being fluidly defined is too big a challenge for this young lady. :laughtwo: I've been attempting to with my Study Hall thread for over a year, and it hasn't gone as well as I'd hoped. Lol!

I'm back to using the original recipe Nightmask, on top of the stove in a hot oil bath, stirring incessantly for hours. :battingeyelashes: I've tried with the Instant Pot, and although that method does produce the oil faster and with less physical energy investment it makes an inferior oil, IMO. It was euphorically effective, but it tasted so nasty I couldn't bear to ingest it without capsules. The pressure cooker method is good for those who can't deal with hours on your feet over a hot stove or be safe with hot oil processing on a stovetop. It's just not my preference. Taste matters to me just as much. It's a determinant, in my mind, of the quality of the healing oils.

Any of my threads I recommend you come to the current page and ask your question. Someone in the room will remember where what you're looking for is. :battingeyelashes:

It's such a relief to get to get the final buds clipped from the branches. Whew! Sticky work. Lol!

IMG_87666.JPG

Respectable. That's enough for an even half batch of oil. :slide:

IMG_87678.JPG

The extra 23 grams went into the fridge to dry low and slo.

IMG_87686.JPG

Every batch I make I look in the pot at the beginning and think "It needs more oil added." :laughtwo:

IMG_87694.JPG

Half an hour later we're going strong. Almost up to temperature, so two more hours to go. :yahoo:

IMG_87716.JPG

I think it's delicious oil GT, but that's just me. The stovetop method is more work, but better product. I get so mesmerized watching the mash decarb I hover over the pot the entire time. :laughtwo:

Harvest: CBD Critical Cure 2.7 (Day 119, flip + 59)

IMG_87796.JPG

I blended together 200 grams of buds and 250 ml of EVOO and subjected them to a stovetop cook in a hot oil bath. I ended up with 150 ml of FHO and a whole mess of mash with the rest of the oil locked in that'll be spooned into capsules for dosing.

IMG_87766.JPG

IMG_87886.JPG

Another 23 grams went into a paper bag and dropped in the crisper for a low and slo dry.

Her card got added to the wall. I need more magnets. :laughtwo:

IMG_87864.JPG

Her mother was in a larger pot that's wider, allowing for better training. This girl came in at half the harvest of the mother. Lesson learned, this chemovar, when grown hempy, does best in the larger pot.

IMG_87874.JPG

I faced the hard reality today that we may not squeek through to the next CBD CC harvest. We may be fine, but I'm rethinking my garden priorities with an eye to keep me supplied in Carnival and DDA and my daughter in her Jamaican and CBD Critical Cure. I can't be running out with her. It's not an option.

At the moment I'll be flipping one CBD CC tomorrow, after I get the bathroom scrubbed clean, and I've another in hempy that'll be ready to flip when Chemdawg comes down. Oooo..... Chemdawg is starting to go autumnal colors. :slide: I'll have pictures tomorrow.

What a day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue I may be out of line here but have you ever thought of decarbing you flowers then grinding them into a fine powder and filling the capsules dry would be an option for your patients ? I have done it this way and find that I have stronger pills than filling with oil based extracts. There is ery little mess and you can fill 24 caps at once with a capsule machine (very cheap). I would happy to provide you with more information if you are interested .

Sue I may be out of line here but have you ever thought of decarbing you flowers then grinding them into a fine powder and filling the capsules dry would be an option for your patients ? I have done it this way and find that I have stronger pills than filling with oil based extracts. There is ery little mess and you can fill 24 caps at once with a capsule machine (very cheap). I would happy to provide you with more information if you are interested .

I don't see how that could be out of line SOG. :battingeyelashes: Not a bad idea, just one I've never considered, much less tried. How much more information could there be? Share away.

I was going to ask about using the Magical Butter Machine to make oil but if SOG is right maybe all you need is a really fine grinder. Who needs expensive equipment when a pair of scissors will do. But I'll still probably get a MBM for other stuff if they're as handy as they look. Have you considered one Sue or is a saucepan the better (or maybe just cheaper) method?

Awsome record keeping by the way. Brilliant way to record what works best and gives the best results.

I was going to ask about using the Magical Butter Machine to make oil but if SOG is right maybe all you need is a really fine grinder. Who needs expensive equipment when a pair of scissors will do. But I'll still probably get a MBM for other stuff if they're as handy as they look. Have you considered one Sue or is a saucepan the better (or maybe just cheaper) method?

Awsome record keeping by the way. Brilliant way to record what works best and gives the best results.

That banner over my name has a long list of contests I've won. Each of them, with the exception of the Gallery win was accompanied by an MB2. I've given all but two away. I used the first one until the handle fell apart. :laughtwo:

One can grind and fill capsules and you'll get cannabinoids in,band the THC will be converted to 11-hydroxy - my fVorite euphoric component :cheesygrinsmiley: - but you won't get the bioavailability increase of the carrier oil and liquid sunflower lecithin. So, if you're using cannabis for recreation, or you're a patient with a lack of equipment and supplies, yes, this is a good option.

Have a serious disease state you're treating with an eye to systemic healing? I'd use an infused oil or a formulation like biobombs and I'd use every method I could comfortably fit into the regimen to increase that bioavailability - apignen, mandolin, green tea, dark chocolate, you name it. If it's going to keep the liver enzymes busy while I dose with cannabinoids or clean up those methyl groups blocking CB receptors, I'm gonna be all over it to give my healing ECS the best chance I can.

And the entire time, with every dose, I'll envision the celebration of joy going on in my cellular community that reserve troops have arrived. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rec use is a valid and important part of the cannabis experience. It concerns me that the push to include cannabinoid therapies hasn't stopped this national obsession with "the dangerous side effects" of the act of feeling f*n good. I, and many more of you than I can count, function best in a heightened state of euphoria. According to our legislatitive bodies it's apparently not in the best interest of our planet that the populations heal and feel good most of the time. I'm learning to look past the concern to a brighter future without prohibitionary mindsets.

It's disconcerting to realize how easy it was for them to bamboozle an entire planet full of people. The propaganda goes so deep I can barely discuss cannabis with the seniors. I've been warned by the coordinator that this group contains individuals that will turn me in, believing they were saving me from the devil's lettace. I have my ways. :battingeyelashes: I'll start plying them with pain cream. :cheesygrinsmiley: I don't have to tell them I grow it. I don't know a single one in the group that uses a computer.

Thank you for the compliment. The record keeping's been an evolving thing. I'm really liking the cards on the wall. It's so easy to get a quick overview. As they develop I'll have more info on the cards, and I'm thinking of redesigning the flow sheets, although they look to be doing the job well. When I started taping leaves down the right side of the front I suddenly understood why I'd designed the layout that way. :laughtwo:

How funny that you should mention the records. I had the papers out on the floor, thinking of doing a card for every plant I've grown. Someday that may happen, but it's an extensive list.

These are the current flow sheets, dating back to late 2016

IMG_87905.JPG

And these are the stacks of cycle flow sheets that were from the first two years of my growing adventure.

IMG_87918.JPG

If I'm going to actually learn from the art of cultivation some sort of record keeping is necessary. With me it's easy to go overboard. I have a love of turning data into visual. :laughtwo:

Good morning everyone :love:

It's miserable outdoors in the Burgh today. We've a winter storm watch going on until about 6 tonight, and it's not fit for man or beast out there in the slush and freezing rain. I think this will be an excellent day to crank up some tunes, get completely euphoric and scrub the bathroom top to bottom. Then I can get the next CBD CC flipped.

Oh! I promised pictures of Chemdawg. She's in her eighth week of bloom, getting flushed every day. Her trichomes have just started to go cloudy and her fans are making their color shift.

She's still actively blooming. This is her tallest cola.

IMG_87962.JPG

IMG_87971.JPG

I keep looking in here and thinking I could slip Black DOG in here while she finishes up, if I cinch her up a little.

IMG_87982.JPG

But she's looking so fine with all the light being hers, and hers alone that I talk myself right out of it. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_87944.JPG

IMG_87934.JPG

IMG_87926.JPG

I've broken my new rule about not reaching for the iPad before I shower and meditate by posting this, so let me get back to starting my day on the right foot. :slide: I'll be back later with pictures of the changes in the Spa. Until then, keep on with your own joyful adventure. Remember to grab all the hugs you can. Hugs are a healing force in their own right. The daughter and I get at least one a day in, held lovingly for three slow breaths, a practice I recommend with loved ones to create better bonding and a healthier ECS.

Be boldly joyful my friends. I'll catch up to you all later. :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom