Tales From The Krip!

Very respectable numbers and amazing looking nugs! Auto correct just tried changing "nugs" to "nuts" WTF? :rofl:
Well, I'm glad you caught that typo cuz' I would have been thanking you for the entirely wrong thing - not that you would have been entirely wrong, though! :rofl:

:thanks:

ANOTHER BREEDING PLANS UPDATE

I'm really working on moving the breeding plans forward and my biggest issues is space. Don't even ask me where I'm gonna store all plants from the clones I'm about to take (and just took!), but...

The one tray with humidity dome I have is pretty packed right now with three X-mas Bud clones and three Bubba Hash clones (I just topped the BBH's yesterday). So, I ordered another humidity dome to get cuts from the seven plants in the breeding cabinet which are all ready to be topped now.

Pretty much as soon as all those clones root and I know I have backups, I'll put them (or the mom's?) into flower. I'll then ID and cull any males and finish flowering out the females as small Bonsais. I won't get much yield in the small cabinet, but I will get sample buds from each.

By then, I'll know what I actually have for males and what females would be best for breeding and/or flowering out later.

Since the Bubba Hash and Orient Express in the main tent will still need to veg for probably another month, or so, before I can flip them; I think that will be enough time to get all that done, select the male I want to use, and be able to do an actual pollination run when the BBH's & OE's are a couple weeks from harvest.

Anyways, that's the plan, now. If you've been following, you can see the plans keep changing, so I don't know if it will hold up, but I think, with no other surprises (like zero males out of 10 reg seeds! :rolleyes: ), it should be doable!

Happy Harvests!

K

OK,..i'm pretty sure Mr. Kripperman is havin too much fun.....:yahoo:....lmao...:rofl:
We gotta talk....i mean sit, laugh , puff, eat , .....Waddaya gonna breed the BH with? How bout A5 X Bubba Hash...lmfao.....how many pheno's.....:nervous-guy: Interesting stuff Krip..cheers.

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon:
Great question! :high-five:

The answer is, I don't know, yet, what the BBH gets crossed with since I don't yet know what I'll get for males. But, ultimately, the BBH, which are all fem's, will get crossed with any males I run.

The concept behind the Bonsai Sultan Method, other than using Bonsais to conserve space, involves flowering only one male per cycle (he's the "Sultan") to pollinate all of the females (the "Harem").

Depending on how many females I end up with, I may not be able to flower them all in the breeding cab at the same time, but, if possible, I'll also collect some pollen from each run and use it to later pollinate any females that don't make it in the cab for that cycle.

By flowering only one male at a time, it's easy to control what gets pollinated with what and I should end up with a BUNCH of crosses and more phenos than I'll be able to count! :D

PLATINUM KUSH BREATHS IN 2' x 4' FLIPPED

I just changed the timer in the 2' x 4' to 12/12 so the two PKB's are timed for harvest right around May 15th. For some reason, either habit or superstition, I tend to always make the flip on a Friday.

As with any new strain, I'm a little nervous about the stretch since this is my first time running the PKB's and the tent is only 5' tall. I know I will end up removing the light from the ratchet hangers, and I do predict this one will be a little close! :laugh:

The Bubba Hash & Orient Express plants in the main tent got another TP drench this morning and all have been topped, although, I didn't keep any OE clones. I may take some late in veg, depending on space availability.

I'm gonna have to cull a few of the "extras" in the veg tent this weekend, too, to make some more room. I'm actually considering culling the Tut. It was great med's but, thinking about it, I just don't know if/when I'd run her again. If I was going to run anything again from the clones I have (and have already run!), I'd have to say the Blackwater, Forbidos and Dolato would all come in ahead of the Tut. Plus, I do still have some more Tut seeds, so, I think I'll end up culling her, also.

The Dolatos should be ready to jar tomorrow or possibly on Sunday and I'll get a pic update in before the end of the weekend.

Happy Harvests!

K

JUGGLING CLONES

First, since we've pretty much confirmed, at this point, that the Hazeman PTK is, in fact, '79 Christmas Bud, instead of calling them "PTK" I'll be referring to them as 79XB.

So, with that in mind, the 79XB #2 clone is showing roots growing out of the bottom of the 2" container. It wasn't really ready to come out of the humidity dome so I put a plastic bag around it to keep some humidity in and put it in the veg tent.

That freed up a spot under the humidity dome which let me take a clone of one of the Apricot Jelly plants (AJ #2). That little seedling has only been vegging a few weeks, but those leave stink like skunk!!! I've never had my hands smell like that from handling a plant in veg! I'm sure it's not gonna cure like that and I don't even know if it's male or female, but I'm gonna' be keeping an eye on that one!

Since 79XB #2 was showing roots out of the container, it's likely the other two 79XB's have also rooted and the roots just aren't showing yet. It's not as easy to see those roots when the clone is in a container of soil instead of a Rapid Rooter cube! :laugh:

I've got four more seedlings to clone before I can move the breeding project forward and they're all ready to top now, but the new humidity dome won't be here until Wednesday. So, I'm TRYING to be patient but will probably move those PTK's to bags and take another couple of clones before then.

In addition to all the other benefits, one of the reasons I'm so anxious to move this project forward is to reduce the number of plants - I just don't have the room for all of these and, the bigger they get, the bigger an issue it becomes! :morenutes:

I can't wait to get some more of these girls into flower! :nervous-guy:

Happy Harvests!

K

Typically when I have plants stink real hard in veg, especially before they start alternating nodes, they end up being male. I had a Huckleberry Kush male that smelt more in veg than almost any of my girls in full flower! If I had a place to breed I would have used him. He had great structure and stayed helathier in a 1 gallon pot for longe rthan almost any female I have ever grown! He just loved life.

DOLATO DRY WEIGHTS

The RH on the Dolato buds is right at 69% so I'm about to jar them and just took a weight. Total is 265 g's or 9.46 oz. of incredibly frosty chocolate-smelling buds! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

Typically when I have plants stink real hard in veg, especially before they start alternating nodes, they end up being male. I had a Huckleberry Kush male that smelt more in veg than almost any of my girls in full flower! If I had a place to breed I would have used him. He had great structure and stayed helathier in a 1 gallon pot for longe rthan almost any female I have ever grown! He just loved life.
When I started growing I had 2 tangie ghost train plants that absolutely reeked of orange cream in veg. They were from fem seeds so both were girls and the harvested buds had such an intense orange taste that it was like that orange mop n glo cleaner coated your mouth. I didn't realize at the time what I had and let them go after 2 runs. Some people complained the orange was too intense and didn't like it. Now I know what I had, I wish I had it back. The last seed was a Ghost Train pheno (@Van Stank is running it) and it doesn't smell in veg. It has a more fuel taste with a citrus background. Hopefully some of the seeds he's making will show those orange terps.

When I started growing I had 2 tangie ghost train plants that absolutely reeked of orange cream in veg. They were from fem seeds so both were girls and the harvested buds had such an intense orange taste that it was like that orange mop n glo cleaner coated your mouth. I didn't realize at the time what I had and let them go after 2 runs. Some people complained the orange was too intense and didn't like it. Now I know what I had, I wish I had it back. The last seed was a Ghost Train pheno (@Van Stank is running it) and it doesn't smell in veg. It has a more fuel taste with a citrus background. Hopefully some of the seeds he's making will show those orange terps.
Yeah if you have girls show that sort of funk in veg it is probably best to hold on to them! It is always early on that we find such great plants and tend to let them go before their time.

DAY #4 OF 12/12 FOR THE TWO PLATINUM KUSH BREATH

They're doing great but I've already had to remove the ratchet hangers from the light and have less than 6" more I can raise without have to rig something special, so hoping for little stretch on these!

I went to take some pics of the girls in the main tent, but saw they all needed a feeding ASAP so, instead of taking pics, they got their first GE Drench.

Happy Harvests!

K

QUICK CLONING UPDATE & SMALL TENT RECONFIGURE
So far, I've had 100% success cloning directly into soil ( :dude-knocking: ) and, since I'm no longer doing hydro, I see no reason to clone into the Rapid Rooters going forward. I do still highly recommend the Rapid Rooters for cloning for a hydro grow.

The other two 79XB's were showing roots out of the bottoms of their containers, so I moved them into the breeding cab and took the first top from the one Black Cherry Jelly that rooted. Since I had been waiting for room under the humidity dome, the top was long enough that I split it into two cuttings/clones and I'm pretty sure they'll both root.

Assuming they're female, I'm going to try to run them next cycle with the Platinum Cakes in the main tent. The last thing I need is another clone but since only one of the two BCJ's rooted and If they both rooted, I would have taken a clone from each, it still puts me ahead by one plant! :oops:

On another note, I noticed that the temps in the 2' x 4', where the Platinum Kush Breath are now in flower, had gotten up to about 88* F and may have still been rising.

The big issue is that there really is no good way for me to hang the carbon filter & fan in that tent and, even though it was sitting on a bucket to elevate it, it was still sitting below the lights and just unable to suck enough heat out quick enough with those bloom lights on.

So, after messing with a few possible setups, I finally moved the fan and filter outside of the tent and have the fan ducted into one of the top ports sucking the hot hair out and pushing it through the carbon scrubber. That seemed to work fine and brought temps down to 80* F which is manageable. Added bonus is it bought some extra space inside the tent, On the minus side, it put another piece of gear sitting on the floor of the bedroom! :rolleyes:

That's all for this update and more to come soon.

Happy Harvests!

K

Funny, I was gonna ask about the filter the other day.

See? If you stick around here long enough, all your questions will be answered! :rofl:

Dude, everything takes up so much damn room, it's crazy! Forget about the (now three!) tents plus breeding cabinet, between all the nute bottles, soil storage, sprayers, extra lights, trimmer, distiller, etc. I need a whole other, or helluva lot bigger, house just for this hobby! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom