Tangie - 400W HPS & 300 MarsHydro LED - Soil - First SCROG

I started the flushing process on the Tangie last night. Mixed 4 gallons of water with FF Sledgehammer and ran it all through, checked the Ph of the runoff and it's sitting right at 6.3. I'm going to flush for a week and most likely harvest next Saturday. I did a test wash earlier in the week on one of the smallest kolas, no noticeable dirt and only a small amount of pm film ( oily looking stuff on top of the water ). There was only a small noticeable spot of pm on a few leaves so I wasn't expecting to see much. The bud was dry enough to smoke after 5 days and I tried it out last night. It was a nice up high and energetic feeling, if my wife would have let me I probably would have spent the rest of the night working in the garage. Lol. Seems like it's going to be a good daytime smoke for doing chores or other projects around the house.

The SD is doing well, bud sites are growing larger and trichom production is picking up. I wish I had had a better spot to plant her that got better sun exposure. My neighbors tree blocks the early morning sun until around 10am, maybe I could convince them to cut it down haha or at least trim it... "Hey guys, would you mind chopping down your tree?? It's really blocking the sun from my pot plant!" Maybe I'll just see if they would mind trimming it up a bit.
IMG_151231.JPG
IMG_1522.PNG

These will most likely be the last pics of the Tangie while she is still alive. We are on the home stretch now with just about a week of flushing left to go. This grow has had its ups and downs and I have learned a lot of new info as I've had to deal with new issues. I love that even after 10+ years of off and on growing there is always something new to learn.

IMG_153235.JPG
IMG_152937.JPG
IMG_152833.JPG

These will most likely be the last pics of the Tangie while she is still alive. We are on the home stretch now with just about a week of flushing left to go. This grow has had its ups and downs and I have learned a lot of new info as I've had to deal with new issues. I love that even after 10+ years of off and on growing there is always something new to learn.

IMG_153235.JPG
IMG_152937.JPG
IMG_152833.JPG
Well done, that is a beauty right there, should be proud of that!

Dense buds:bravo: great job

IMG_153235.JPG
IMG_152937.JPG
IMG_152833.JPG

Tangie update: She is on day 65 since the flip, I have been checking the trichomes and they are mostly cloudy with a few amber. I would like to see around 60/40 cloudy/amber before the harvest. I've started my last round of nutrients that I will probably use for the next 2-3 waterings and then flush for a week or more. I have noticed that her buds are starting to fatten up and fill in more so the end is in sight.

IMG_143444.JPG
IMG_143243.JPG

IMG_143138.JPG
Updated pics.. they beef up some more for u near the end

I'm late to the show but enjoying reading your Journal. I live in N Cal also and growing in a garage. I had to shift to a 1 AM - 1 PM light cycle due to the heat. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts also as I open my garage door about 6 inches before going to bed to pull in the nice cool air.

She really looks beautiful -

I'm about 4-5 weeks behind you as I didn't know how long to keep them in Veg. I kept my Clones in Veg for 56 days. I know that in my next grow I will be switching over much earlier.

Great job. I'm salivating just looking at your pictures and hope you continue showing your chop and cure process. I'll be watching closely.

I'm late to the show but enjoying reading your Journal. I live in N Cal also and growing in a garage. I had to shift to a 1 AM - 1 PM light cycle due to the heat. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts also as I open my garage door about 6 inches before going to bed to pull in the nice cool air.

She really looks beautiful -

I'm about 4-5 weeks behind you as I didn't know how long to keep them in Veg. I kept my Clones in Veg for 56 days. I know that in my next grow I will be switching over much earlier.

Great job. I'm salivating just looking at your pictures and hope you continue showing your chop and cure process. I'll be watching closely.

Hey Troy thanks and welcome!!

Yeah the heat waves up here were rough this year, I'm glad it has finally started to cool down and the nights have been perfect for keeping the garage cool. Your clones must have gotten huge with a 56 day veg! The new grow I just started I'm only going 4 week veg, long enough to get a clone or two and then flowering. I have 5 plants going so I don't want them getting out of control.

I will def keep updating for the chop and cure and keep it rolling for the SD I moved outdoors. I'll be swinging by to check out your grow as well to see how thing are going.

They did grow rather tall, not sure if that will result in a higher yield. I hadn't yet started reading 420magazine and didn't know about stretch in bloom cycle. Oh - I have so much to learn. I was getting a bit concerned as they were really stretching and I probably built my scrog too high expecting them to keep stretching but they stopped stretching just as I introduced the Scrog to the grow room.

My Animal Cookies took a beating when my DWC pump accidently got unplugged and had a bout of root rot. That set her back a couple weeks.

I'm really interested in the total dry and cure process. We are leaving on a 6 week cruise on Thanksgiving and need to have completed by that time.

They did grow rather tall, not sure if that will result in a higher yield. I hadn't yet started reading 420magazine and didn't know about stretch in bloom cycle. Oh - I have so much to learn. I was getting a bit concerned as they were really stretching and I probably built my scrog too high expecting them to keep stretching but they stopped stretching just as I introduced the Scrog to the grow room.

My Animal Cookies took a beating when my DWC pump accidently got unplugged and had a bout of root rot. That set her back a couple weeks.

I'm really interested in the total dry and cure process. We are leaving on a 6 week cruise on Thanksgiving and need to have completed by that time.

Dont worry too much about the scrog height, it will help hold up those fat heavy kolas as they start to pack on more buds!

You should be good time wise to complete the grow, harvest, dry then cure before your cruise. If I calculated right you will have about 4 weeks of cure time before you leave. Look into Bovida packs, they are great for maintaining RH for storage.

I was noticing today that some of the kolas were starting to sag as they put on weight, I guess I will have to start tying them up for support.

I purchase some Brovida 62 packets earlier this week and they arrived yesterday. Now I need to get some Bell jars.

I was noticing today that some of the kolas were starting to sag as they put on weight, I guess I will have to start tying them up for support.

I purchase some Brovida 62 packets earlier this week and they arrived yesterday. Now I need to get some Bell jars.

Not a bad thing when your buds need to be held up!
I've always used 1 large jar that I can fit all the buds in to cure, makes it a lot easier not having to mess with a bunch of jars with different Rh levels.

Recently I learnt a tip to avoid stretch in flowering. That is, have some blue spectrum in your flowering bulb i.e. duel spectrum, then the plant won't go looking for it. You may know this already but it was new to me :) . My speculation is less energy stretching more time Bloomington

Not a bad thing when your buds need to be held up!
I've always used 1 large jar that I can fit all the buds in to cure, makes it a lot easier not having to mess with a bunch of jars with different Rh levels.

Great idea. Tell me if you know. Can you use plastic or does it have to be glass? I have a couple big jars (the ones that nuts come in from Costco).

Recently I learnt a tip to avoid stretch in flowering. That is, have some blue spectrum in your flowering bulb i.e. duel spectrum, then the plant won't go looking for it. You may know this already but it was new to me :) . My speculation is less energy stretching more time Bloomington

Interesting. I never heard this before - Looked under my light on Amazon and someone had asked about the blue spectrum and this was posted. I didn't realize you could flower in full spectrum so my ladies were under the Red Grow portion for most of their flowering.

Wavelengths: This lamp uses around 12 different types of LEDs to produce primarily “Photosynthetically Active” light plus some UV and IR, and a small amount of white/green light to help you see normally. The wavelengths produced, especially in Veg mode, extends from far blue 425 nm through far red 675 nm, with most of the energy in the blue range. Bloom mode has lots of 630 nm red combined with small amounts of 460 nm blue. In combined mode you get a very broad spectrum light. I’m especially appreciative of the far blue light around 430 nm, which you don’t commonly see in the less expensive LED lights.

Great idea. Tell me if you know. Can you use plastic or does it have to be glass? I have a couple big jars (the ones that nuts come in from Costco).

Personally I prefer glass because it can be sterilized and doesn't hold smells like plastics can. Not saying you can't sterilize plastic but it can some times be hard to get ride of the smell of what ever was stored in it. Thats just my preference, if you have plastic already and want to use them and they have a good seal there shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom