The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Purples

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

well something unforseen and surprising has occured,yesterday i got a clone back that i gave to my brother along time ago, it was cut/cloned on feb 10th thate 3 1/2 months knock off 2 weeks for rooting it has vegged for 3 months, a couple weeks ago i went and looked at it and it was 3 ft or more tall, i did an emergency lst/topping/pruning/bending session, as he only has cfl and got a new job,his timer broke and then he moved out of moms house, so she has been taking care of and forgetting it, it has already started flowering, so we decided its best i flower it under a 600 so here she is i call her b.o.b. (big ol bitch)

i
PM15WKVEG.jpg
PM15VEG15_3.jpg

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

goawdddd damn it! that damn plant brought spider mites and fungus gnats into my grow! i have been mixing neem oil and garlic/tobacco juice and doing battle all day, it is my first ever bug problem { other than a couple gnats in some ffof a couple yrs ago} totaly freaked me out, i always keep everything so clean n pest free i just figured my brother would too,,argh!

goawdddd damn it! that damn plant brought spider mites and fungus gnats into my grow! i have been mixing neem oil and garlic/tobacco juice and doing battle all day, it is my first ever bug problem { other than a couple gnats in some ffof a couple yrs ago} totaly freaked me out, i always keep everything so clean n pest free i just figured my brother would too,,argh!

This is why I have a quarantine. Pest/Disease is brought in from outside plants. Keeping things free of those requires a period of separation so you can observe the plant and make absolutely sure that nothing is brought in from the outside. Or you could just fight mites with SNS 217 on everything you have instead of the one plant.

LOL! Sorry, I had to. Just never assume that the other grower (no matter WHO IT IS) is as careful and loving as you are.

BTW, I do like your "Bug Juice" though

well im guessing the new plant was resistant and more of a carrier as it has very little damage and critters compared to the blue cheese which has gotten quite chewed up in 36 hours,i know my flower tent was pest free before i added bob,i had just done a complete check and cleaning of both tents,yet bob has very little damage, i know that bob was bug free when i did the lst/topping/bending session, i spent at least an hour up close n personal with her,so i did not think an in depth exam was needed,i did give her a once over, im just traumatized by this, the blue cheese was one of the most perfect and pretty plants i have grown, now shes ugly in the blink of an eye!!
my recipe for "death juice"
1 gallon boiled ro water
1-2 tsp 100%pure azadirachia indica"neem" oil
2-3 cloves fresh garlic
tobacco i used wintergreen snuff (skoal) but redman or 2-3 ciggs just as good
1/2 tsp triple action ajax dish soap (any regular dish soap will work)
chop garlic very fine and if i use ciggys i remove the tobacco from the paper filter etc
then i put the tobacco and garlic in a coffee filter and tie it shut with a rubber band or small zip tie essentially making a tea bag (uh huh huh i said tea bag and fond memories of playing halo flash across my mind)
i steep the concoction for 10 min or so , dump the whole mess into my 1 gallon pump sprayer
shake like hell and drown my plants top bottom,under,side,other side,other bottom and repeat over and over
shake the sprayer every min or so cuz the neem likes to separate and float to the top
cuss profusely ,ask "why me?",start itching and scratching at bugs that are no really on me! mentally kick myself for letting my guard down and not making absolutely sure like i normally do
i repeat until i have used it all , then i go lay down and continue the self loathing and hating, till i fall asleep or think of something to do:thumb:

Settle down, Beavis, uh huh huh huh..."teabag"

The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - and on such short notice. Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it.

Four o'clock, wallow in self pity
4:30, stare into the abyss
5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one
5:30, jazzercize
6:30, dinner with me. I can't cancel that again
7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing

I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9 I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?

oh fudge. Hey thanks Bro!

Great job on the training, defoliation. Good luck on the pests.

question: with my batteling of bastard bugs in mind, does anyone think it could be a good idea to switch back to chem ferts for a while ? my thoughts are perhaps it would provide less organic foodstuffs to use for survival, i have been reading up on spider mites,gnats etc. and i under stand many of them hide /live in the soil eating organic bits, as well as up and on the plants,thus making it harder to get rid of them. but on the other hand organic fed plants appear to have more "immunity" to pests and disease, and on the third hand( oops i musta used chem poisons sometime ) i might just be overthinking the whole issue, also it may not be the new plant to blame, this new house seem a bit buggy due to having sat empty for a while and i have noticed mites and gnats on other house plants, i had some strawberry starts come in infected at the begining of the move so im just spinning on how to deal with it all, today is the last day of movingim exausted and in a butt load of pain, mynew house looks like a storage room/thrift store, and honestly i just wanna go to bed for a month!!

ok gang this will prolly be my last or close to my last post for a couple/ 3 weeks,as of thursday night my internet will be off till it gets installed at our new place, i just discovered my digital camera got broken in the move, so i cant do the update i was planning on tomorrow, so unless i go to my moms i wont be online, the plan now will be to do a last update to this journal with the weights and pics from my tablet, close it and start a new one after the service is on again, hopefully things around here will have slowed and settled a bit by then,,:high-five::peace:

question: with my batteling of bastard bugs in mind, does anyone think it could be a good idea to switch back to chem ferts for a while ? my thoughts are perhaps it would provide less organic foodstuffs to use for survival, i have been reading up on spider mites,gnats etc. and i under stand many of them hide /live in the soil eating organic bits, as well as up and on the plants,thus making it harder to get rid of them. but on the other hand organic fed plants appear to have more "immunity" to pests and disease, and on the third hand( oops i musta used chem poisons sometime ) i might just be overthinking the whole issue, also it may not be the new plant to blame, this new house seem a bit buggy due to having sat empty for a while and i have noticed mites and gnats on other house plants, i had some strawberry starts come in infected at the begining of the move so im just spinning on how to deal with it all, today is the last day of movingim exausted and in a butt load of pain, mynew house looks like a storage room/thrift store, and honestly i just wanna go to bed for a month!!

Hey BID! I wouldn't try to starve them out by going to chemicals...if there's no fungi for the gnats to eat in the soil the can and will go after the plant's roots. The mosquito dunks worked really well for me, the microorganisms kill the larva in the soil and break their lifecycle...the adults only live about a week. But the gnats are more of a nuisance pest...spider mites are little satanic minions, sent from the depths of hell...

:Namaste:

yea vape i was thinking how hard i have worked to get the microherd going all the tea brew ing and such it would pain me to hurt them,i have not seen any gnats in a week,and spider mites are on the decline for sure, i dont think they like my neem welcome! i noticed it effed up some of my seedlings tho giving them slightly warped leaves, i will scream if i lose my chemdog over this, i have hundreds of k-roc seeds,but just the 1 cd, but the new growth looks fine,just made the first 2 sets of leaves curl n twist a little, my bluberry gum clones are going crazy i defoliate and lst supercrop,top and generally abuse the hell out of them and they actually seem to like it they are the picture of health despite my weeklyattacks!! the only plant thats really showing signs of stress is my blue cheese, that i was unable to clone,the last clone died today i noticed that it was crispy, i may reveg the thing after harvest, i had just the one seed, and i was gonna produce feminized seed from the clones, now i cant and need new clones, i dont wana nor can i afford to buy seeds at this time,,i can honestly say blue cheese is the most difficult strain i have worked with,hard to clone,suseptible to plague , but heaveny smell vigorous growth and huge nugs, and i havent even smoked any yet!,:high-five:, my plan early on was to clone and make seed from all the genetics i purchased being on disability its hard to afford buying seed for every grow,and i dont love having clones as my only source of new plants,and that brought me to breeding and crossing strains which i love, anyway im rambeling (dang bluberry gum) but so far so good on the bug battle i think im winning, i'll be around 1 more day before my forced hiatus , thanks for the input vapedog:thumb:

last day for a while, bug situation is looking good, i was playing around with the blue cheese looking for living mites (found none) what an amazing smell she has like pine sol and fruit, i had to steal a test bud, i could not stop sniffing, my carbon scrubber and 3 negative ion generators do such a great job eliminating odor i seldom smell anything till harvest, but wow she smells so different than all the purples and bubble gum crosses i have been growing, she dose have the blueberry fruit smell, from her mother, but i guess its that uk cheese giving the different lovely aroma idk but i like it, cant wait for this test bud to dry!

ok guy n gals this really is my last post for a while unless i go to my moms n get on over there in about 30 min were unplugging the router and flipping the breakers at the old house, were shampooing the carpets and turning in the keys tomorrow, no more can i have spotty connection cuz the new house is only 200 yards away,from the old, as it stands now we have been told 2 weeks or so we shall see,i willmost likelyhave harvested the last 3 plants from this run,, when i return i will post final weights and do my product review for the jdl 600 watt ballast's,i will prolly pop in once a week till theni shall miss you all dearly farwell and chow fer now!:adore::420::headbanger::allgood::rocker::green_heart::circle-of-love::Namaste::peace:

well i couldnt take it and got myself a new android phone for my birthday it has internet and wifi hotspot/tethering so im on/back sorta i dont see me up loading pictures with this spotty connection, i live so far out im on edge signal and it drops alot, but al least i can visit and post a little, and there is news one of the support bars cheapo brackets broke causing my inline fan and light to fall effectivly ending this grow a good deal of blue cheese was burned and the mi5 and sas were snapped in half i got 5 z wet for blue cheese,1.9 for mi5, and 1.2 for sas, i spent the whole day yesterday trimming/cleaning and fixing the flower tent, i got chain to replace the support bars it seems much stronger and more versatile, so this journal is more or less over, thank you to all that have followed along/posted without you it would not have been half as much fun or interesting ,the new journal will be up at some point not to far off, i have to get some things dialed in and be able to upload pics but once again to everybody many green thanks for you attendance and support i love you all:love::circle-of-love::love::thanks::420::high-five::Namaste::peace:

First...that really sucks bro! I'm glad you were able to salvage some of the harvest at least!
Second...Hempy B-day bro! :party:

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom