The Caddie Shack

Thanks Jack….the goal is for my tent to resemble yours

yep, this is my 4th DDA. They always start out a little funky.
I feel like they end funky too most times! At least when I've seen them! Beautiful strain I know why it's run so much here

Nice to see the DDA outgrow the funk! The other three are coming along nicely too. :thumb:
Yep, DDA is on her way. The other three are doing well. Cheese is showing a cal mag def so I added 25% recommend to res. Hopefully that cures the issue.

The DDA will be grown in a GH Waterfarm. This is how I started my journey into hydro.
Trip back in time for me! This brings back such good memories . The GH Waterfarm was my very first try at hydro about 15 years ago. I did about 3 grows in it then moved all my soil to hydro and got a big 30 gallon GH Texas reservoir. Now I’m back in the dirt. And Happy.

Love that DDa

Day 23

Quick update for all my grow buddies.

DDA has been topped. Her leaves are somewhat normal. Low ppm diet for this gal.
dda12072021.jpg

CD-1 is coming out of her funk. Normal growth. I expect she will take off soon. I'm anxious to cut some clones and start on my seed project.
cd112072021.jpg

Skunk #1 is looking great. About ready to top this lady. Already smelling the skunk odor when I enter the room.
sk112072021.jpg

Cheese on the other hand...not liking her soup. At first it looked like a calmag issue but now I'm not sure. I added a little calmag to the res but there's still issues on the new growth. Any ideas?
cheese12072021.jpg

And for all you pepper lovers....here's my three orange salad peppers. Stuff these with cream cheese and wrap with bacon.... :drool:
saladpeppers12072021.jpg

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Because of your set up I'm not sure I know enough to offer any food advice other than prompt the questions of: how long ago did you add the cal mag and when did you first notice this discoloration. Is that leaf brittle like?

Day 23

And for all you pepper lovers....here's my three orange salad peppers. Stuff these with cream cheese and wrap with bacon.... :drool:
you need to try that with jalapeño peppers (just make sure to trim the white part inside the pepper - that sh!t is HOT)

Trip back in time for me! This brings back such good memories . The GH Waterfarm was my very first try at hydro about 15 years ago. I did about 3 grows in it then moved all my soil to hydro and got a big 30 gallon GH Texas reservoir. Now I’m back in the dirt. And Happy.

Love that DDa
The waterfarms are fun to grow in until you hit flower. 2.5 gal res is tough to manage when their drinking a gallon a day. Requires a lot of res changes to keep the soup balanced. A big res is the way to go. That's what I do now in my dutch buckets. One res for veg and one or maybe two for flower. I still grow a plant or two in dirt but I like to keep that outside. Dealing with bugs indoor is a pita.

Because of your set up I'm not sure I know enough to offer any food advice other than prompt the questions of: how long ago did you add the cal mag and when did you first notice this discoloration. Is that leaf brittle like?
I added the calmag about a week ago. Leaf isn't brittle. I normally don't add calmag until I change my res to flower. Rarely an issue. This is why running different strains with the same soup is problomatic. Never grown cheese before. I'll figure it out.

you need to try that with jalapeño peppers (just make sure to trim the white part inside the pepper - that sh!t is HOT)
I used to grow jalapeno when I was younger. Then I switched to tame jalapeno. Now I like the salad peppers. My old gut can't handle the heat anymore.

Day 23

Quick update for all my grow buddies.

DDA has been topped. Her leaves are somewhat normal. Low ppm diet for this gal.
dda12072021.jpg

CD-1 is coming out of her funk. Normal growth. I expect she will take off soon. I'm anxious to cut some clones and start on my seed project.
cd112072021.jpg

Skunk #1 is looking great. About ready to top this lady. Already smelling the skunk odor when I enter the room.
sk112072021.jpg

Cheese on the other hand...not liking her soup. At first it looked like a calmag issue but now I'm not sure. I added a little calmag to the res but there's still issues on the new growth. Any ideas?
cheese12072021.jpg

saladpeppers12072021.jpg

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Great set up and I love how neat and tidy you keep it. :love:
Girls look good.
Can I have one of those bacon cheese peppers yummy.

Stay safe
Bill

I used to grow jalapeno when I was younger. Then I switched to tame jalapeno. Now I like the salad peppers. My old gut can't handle the heat anymore.
Strange because I have a sensitive stomach and as long as I trim that white part out (and the seeds obviously), I can eat them almost by themselves!

Oh and the orange and red bell peppers are DA BEST!!!

Great set up and I love how neat and tidy you keep it. :love:
Girls look good.
Can I have one of those bacon cheese peppers yummy.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill....I like to keep everything in its place. Easier to manage that way.

The peppers are like potato chips. Can't eat just one.

Strange because I have a sensitive stomach and as long as I trim that white part out (and the seeds obviously), I can eat them almost by themselves!

Oh and the orange and red bell peppers are DA BEST!!!
I used to be the same way. Fresh peppers, no problem. Pickled Jalapenos....gut wrenching...now I can't eat anything spicy.

Yep orange and red are where its at.

I added the calmag about a week ago. Leaf isn't brittle. I normally don't add calmag until I change my res to flower. Rarely an issue. This is why running different strains with the same soup is problomatic. Never grown cheese before. I'll figure it out.
I have blue cheese that liked extra nutes, period...I always run with at least 5 different strains usually...I know it's harder to work with your system than me being in soil...btw I am a sucker for anything spicy

Back
Top Bottom