The Captain's 1st 420 Grow: Blue Dream & Girlscout Cookies In Soil

Tiger bloom seems pretty Hot, lowers my ph a bit.

So far, I've been having success with the ff trio with 1/4 dose amounts. I think me ladies are reacting to the new soil from their transplant, as I added extra castings and bat guano to it.

Hey Cap, you have a sweet grow going on here and I'm excited to see your Blue Dreams grow up. I've got about 2-3 weeks left on mine, and I've had quite an issue handling her height. I flipped exactly 10 weeks ago today, and I have colas snaking across the ceiling with how tall she is. I'm thinking I just got a weird pheno (seed's from Humboldt) that simply never stops growing. Keep up the good work!

Thanx! The BD is known to get tall and lanky, and hopefully by letting them fill the screen during "stretch", it will help. I think by next week, they will have it filled in pretty good. Fingers crossed!

Spring Cleaning

Cleaned up under the screen today. Removed all lower leaves, and any branch that wasn't going to make it to the Canopy, or provide any buds. Also, cleaned up top a bit, to allow more light penetration.

I usually wait another week before cleaning, but I'm seeing alot of healthy flower development, and don't want any plant energy wasted on Larf.

Overall, the ladies are lookin great, and have 20-25 main budsites, with the exception of my shorty GSC, who has 18.

Before:

After:

End of week 1 flower

Girls looked great at lights on today, the end of week 1 in bloom. They bounced right back from their trim yesterday, and the early bud development looks great. Lowered the lights down a bit to 20 inches above the screen. Stretch is still going strong.

Me ladies:

Blue Dream development:

Here is a side by side of Blue Dream and Girlscout Cookies. The BD is Slightly more Sativa. (Cool band name there!) Lots of new growth since I topped them, and the training is going well. In the next couple of days, I'll be training the upper shoots too.

Pots are getting light, so they'll get some water tonight or tomorrow morning. They got nutes (1/2 recommend dose) on the last watering 3 days ago, so regular 6.5 is on the menu.
Looking good

DANGIT! That looks AWESOME! How come my stuff always looks like such a slob? Oh yeah. I'm a slob, might have something to do with it. My new girls look as disheveled as their big sisters Cap, I'm gonna have to rethink this next go around. I want THAT! Cheers mate, nice! :yahoo:

DANGIT! That looks AWESOME! How come my stuff always looks like such a slob? Oh yeah. I'm a slob, might have something to do with it. My new girls look as disheveled as their big sisters Cap, I'm gonna have to rethink this next go around. I want THAT! Cheers mate, nice! :yahoo:

I've always done the "keep it simple" way of things, and try not to over think my ideas. As I'm sure you're well aware, we growers have a tendency to fall into the ole "helicopter mom" routine, and sometimes try some off the wall things! Ha!

Mid-week update 10d

Me ladies are lookin great! They are absolutely loving these quantum boards, and the growth is healthy and bountiful. Bud development is looking spot-on for sure. Feeding twice a week with 1/4 dose Tiger Bloom, 1/3 dose of Big Bloom and Calmag every watering. 6.5 PH'd RO

Group:

Across the screen:

Bud development:

End of week 2 flower (14d)

Me ladies are filling out nicely! 14 days into bloom, and the new growth and Bud development look great. Started lowering the amount of Tiger Bloom yesterday, to 1/8 dose. Week 3 will be the last week of any "extra" Nitrogen, and the Big Bloom will get increased to 3/4 dose.

Also, everything under the screen will be removed next weekend, day 21 to be specific.

Group shot:

Across the screen:

Back
Top Bottom