The DeVille's White Widow & Bubbleicious - 8 Plants Under 2x Mars Pro II 320

Enjoying the fruits of my labour. This is Big-Bud #1

Time to get ZzzzZzzleeeepy

fruits1.jpg

UPDATE #4

DAY 7

Today I gave the babies clean non pH'ed water without any nutrients. All plants have come up from the ground and they're looking good. Things are progressing just as expected so far. I noticed some stretching, so I lowered the lights a little bit.

In the room the climate conditions are good. Temperature is stabile but as usual RH is too low. Put up the humidifier to fix that. This is just the first 4 weeks and after that the plants themselves will maintain the RH in the room. Guessing that in 5-6 weeks I will have too high humidity in the room. It's all extremely predictable.

01_main_room.jpg

All plants came up in the main-room and everything is looking great

In the mother-tent everything is not looking as good as in the main-room. I have burned the mother-plants. I have been spraying them with water when the lights are on. I know I'm not supposed to do that and I got burned - Well - They got burned because of me :) It's ok though. They'll get well again.

I noticed the very tiny White Widow seed also came up. It took 3 days longer than the others. Will be interesting to see if the plant turns out healthy. Not sure what to do with that one. Maybe I put it outside in the summer and let it flower naturally. Or maybe i'll keep it as a mother. That all depends. I think one of the plants in the main-room will become a mother. I have my doubts about this seed.

021025.jpg

The tiny White Widow seed sprouted

The mother-tent is a multi purpose tent these days. Keeping all sort of stuff in there

031014.jpg

The best plants from the previous grow became mothers for future grows. I only kept strains that works well in my system. Mothers being burned but still going strong.

I'll try to be more nice to the mothers :) I need to keep them alive as the product I am smoking from the previous grow is insane. Pure Power Plant is a friggin killer! Same applies to Big-Bud, but that one is more like a sleeping pill for me

That's all that is going on here

Over and out
DeVille

Looks good man! that's weird that your burned your plants by spraying them i never burned my plant's even tho i spray them 3 times a day in veg and 2 times a day in flower to then half way then 1 times a day and last 2 weeks not at all.

I always spray when the lights are on since my good friend who has over 10 years experience in growing said that if you spray the plants too close to dark that the leafs don't have time to dry before dark is health risk for your plant's since all molds and stuff start to infesting in the moisture on the leafs in the dark.

that's why i never spray them too close to dark specially in the flower period maybe LEDs burns the leafs easier than HPS i don't know never used LEDs yet

Interesting.

I think they got burned for these reasons:

1. I moved the tent out to the garage
2. The garage was much colder so I turned the light on full to increase the temperature in the tent
3. The light was too low

You see - I always did spray them with the lights on as well and it always worked out well - except this time.

I think this was a shock to the plants because before that I only ran the blue lights at 60%. After I moved the tent to the garage both red and blue was set at 100%

Bought a couple of autos. Will spice up this journal and plant a few plants outside. Summer is almost Here.

420-magazine-mobile871124679.jpg

Still a little uncertain about how many to plant outside. We have a huge property, but I worry about the smell. Loveryder is the perfect candidate as it can be easily hidden.

Then we have the Jack Herer. Have no clue if the auto-version can compare with the original, but just wanted to grow it to check out the strain. If I like it, I'll get my hands on the original one for my private collection. Not sure if I should try to grow that strain outside or if I should try in a tent.

Any of you have experience with these strains/autos?

I have never grown an auto before. Are they as good as the non auto ones or?

The advantage with autos for growing outside is obvious. This far north the plants won't get 12 hours of darkness before late autumn, and then they won't have time to finish flowering before frost sets in. With autos it's possible to flower outside even here as they don't give a shit about lighting schedules. Also figured they could be a fun way to check out a few strains I'm curious about.

What do you folks think about the auto thing? I'm a little old school, but if it's cool it's cool

I haven't tested autos yet but i'm tempted with new Dutch passion USA strains since they seems only be AUTO's i don't know why since i think most people still prefer normal. what i've read about AUTO's they more for beginners since you don't have trigger the flower they start to flower when they want to and that's one reason i don't like them i want to be master. MASTER of puppets hehe plus the harvest is smaller vs normal version of same strains.

but they perfect for outside grow since you don't need to have have stickly 12/12 light/dark periods

you should use cloth pots for the AUTO's since they don't like to be pot transfered so i think best bet would be put them cloth pots and when they big enough just dig a holes outside and put the cloth pot there it's gonna decompose inside the dirt

I was actually thinking about using Air-pots for the autos. You see - My garden is under attack from an intruder called the Murder-snail (Arion vulgaris). They eat everything they get their mouths on. I have hopes that they won't be able to climb the Air-pots

1275647061airpot.jpg

Subbed. Anything sharp will ward off the little slimy bastards keep in mind them air pots literally have a billion holes for gnats and other soil dwelling pest.

Sitting here smoking my latest crop. I took some of the biggest buds and I dried them seperately from the rest because I was worried about mold. I put them into this old antique coffin. Several hundred years old from one of the great China dynasties. I like to collect art & antiques.

Anyway - The buds I dried there got this horrid coffin smell now. I am so hoping the cure will get rid of that scent. Kinda ruin the experience of the smoke. Luckily I did not dry everything in there.

Fucking coffin smell

OMFG, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry about the smelly smoke, but damn,, that's funny :)

After a few weeks cure, the smell is slightly better, but I think the coffin smell is here to stay. It's a pity because Big-Bud usually has one of my favorite smells. It didn't affect potency however :) It's still a very heavy couch lock strain

OMFG, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry about the smelly smoke, but damn,, that's funny :)

Did some training of the mother-plants today. Have an extra Pure Power Plant that won't be a mother, but I still kept it around. Wondering about flowering that one as soon as I have some space available to do so. Been considering to buy another tent. Was kinda brutal with that one during training. Check out what happened! I have seen so many people panic when they have accidents like this one with their plants. To show you just how sturdy the cannabis plant is, I did not even bother to tape it together. I think it will not only survive, but even thrive when the big shock is over :)

mothertent_001.jpg

As you can see the stem got split in half when I forced the branches too far down.

mothertent_002.jpg

Close-up

Also trained the other plants. Were a little more careful with them. I would not recommend stressing the mother-plants too much. Even if they do survive a lot, we don't want them to go hermie on us or become seriously stunted. After all we want to take healthy cuttings from them for years to come.

Here is a photo of my favorite bedtime strain. Big-Bud #3 - Purple pheno. I also have Big-Bud #1 - Green pheno in this tent. I love them both. They both give me a couch-lock narcotic high and they both make me sleep very well. But there is a difference between them. When I get too tolerant to one of them I just switch to the other and voila - no more tolerance issues. I can't keep several mothers of all my favorite strains due to space restrictions, but for this one I keep two different phenos.

mothertent_003.jpg

Big-Bud #3 - Purple pheno. This one has a beautiful purple stem. Think I wanna bonsai a cutting from this one as it's so pretty.

The rest of the plants are starting to come up now. The 3 skulls with catnip can probably be moved out of the tent in a week or two. Thinking about taking cuttings and plant outside. They should be able to survive outside soon.

The two tomato bushes will be put in air-pots and be grown side by side with the autos. It will be an interesting summer indeed. My very first autos :)

mothertent_004.jpg

Current status of the "mother-tent" which in reality function more like a multi-function tent.

Because I have the first Pro-series Mars lamp in the tent, I have a great flexibility I don't have in the main-room. I can adjust the light very precise so it can be used for rooting, seedlings, vegg, flowering, etc. Now I am running both red/blue on 100% because it's still kinda cold in the garage. Usually I prefer running the lamp on 50-60% blue and 0% red for mother-plants. To make them grow slow but still avoid stretching. For cuttings I use only blue and usually on 30-40%

Guess that was all for today. Next update will be from the main-room

over and out
DeVille

UPDATE #5

DAY 16

HAPPY 420 FOLKS

Today's update is gonna be short. All I did was to feed the plants in the main-room 20 liters of clean non pH'ed water. I usually do that between day 14-16. Like clockwork. Every grow starts the exact same way :)

The plants are looking as expected. They are almost ready for their first topping. Will post new photos after I do that. Probably doing that this week.

As usually I have managed to get one fucker that is growing slower than the others. Not sure how I managed to stunt it's growth. All the others are pretty much of identical size. May not top that one to allow it to reach the same height as the others.

I see now that I will need to put my net lower than first planned, so I will buy some nets made for use in tents and put below the point I planned to make my net. I may end up with two layers of net where the first layer is to scrog the plants while the second net will be more a support-net. That can prove to be useful as the latest grows the buds got so heavy several of the plants had problems supporting the weight.

Will get my ass to the hydro-shop and invest in misc needed things. I know that I will run out of time fast now. From this point on the growth will explode. In about a week I will open the 225 liter Flexitank and give them their first nutrients. That's when it all explodes.

Also trimmed away some growth from the mothers. That's always sad. Cutting away branches that could have become new plants. But I simply have no room for more plants at this point. Threw away 30 something cuttings that will never become clones.

DeVille

UPDATE #6

DAY 17

TOPPING DAY
I could see explosive growth just since yesterday, so I topped 7/8 plants. The stunted one is starting to grow again as well. Left that alone until I see it's growing healthy for real. May or may not top the last plant depending on a lot of things but mostly how tall it gets when the time is here to put up nets.

As you can see they are looking nice and healthy. The leaves on some plants are curling upwards. That never happened before. I wonder if it can have something to do with the humidity issues. I have problems keeping it up. That's the same story every first month of a grow. After that the plants are getting so big and have so much leaves, they become capable of maintaining a high humidity on their own just by existing. That's when I have to start removing leaves to reduce humidity in the room again. But back to the upwards curling leaves. I have seen that happen to many others. Any of you know what causes it. Mostly the plants look nice and healthy and I am a happy camper so far.

I have to remember to fill the humidifier daily. That will keep the humidity levels where I want them to be.

0013428.jpg

White Widow - Day 17. Right after being topped

Been thinking more about what to do with nets. I think I'll go for two nets. One low and one on the frame top. That means I need to cut some more legs for the frame to attach the nets on. Think I'll use two nets 90x90cm on the first "level", then I will make my own net for the top of the frame. I already put in screws to hold the treads I will use. As you see, I can't wait until they reach the top of the frame before I start filling out the net. That's a waste of time and space.

0023310.jpg

The collection on day 17

Besides from that I did my daily watering of the mothers. Thinking about putting them in an autopot system too so I don't have to tend to them daily. I can go max 1,5 days without watering them. Very very thirsty plants.

Over and out
DeVille

Back
Top Bottom