The Dudes Abode: An UrbanAchiever Joint

Yeah I'm hoping to look into building (finishing) my soil after I get back. I'm doing that worm compost deal (vermicompost). Van mentioned adding basically those things you listed the meal cake and DE. I would want to do a cover crop and the whole deal I think. Idk much but I know most companies make it pretty easy these days. I love the idea of lazy gardening and mixing nutes once or twice a day is the opposite of that.

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend brother!

Ideally I would be vermincomposting too but I haven’t got all the way there yet. I have half a garbage bin that I put veggie scraps and other plant material. Been doing that since I built it, and rotate that into my soil being used. Recently too dressed this crop with some of that soil. But eventually having some worms wouldn’t hurt.

Eventually, I will have to restart using neem oil foliars and adding more Neem Meal / diatomaceous earth to the top dress. But I have been very lucky lately with no pests or toxicity issues so, a good balance is where we are at now.

I really should document here every time I touch the plants or feed water. Just to show how little I do lol.

Looking good there Urb. Living soil, not much to do cept watch the plants grow and water. Good to see the healthy plants. They look great. You can keep going with that soil, it's only gonna get better each round. Top dress your compost and stir in some malted barley powder and watch the goodness.

Looking like you're going to get some purps there to on 1 or 2 of the HSO gear.

Really can’t complain with HSO, for the most part their genetics have been good to me, this round is no different.

As we get closer to chop I am seeing the fruits of other peoples labour. Their genetics, clacks soil mix, and the folks that have helped me along. Really, the credit belongs to everyone, plus my part.

The soil is humming along now. Next grow will be even stronger as I am not going to disturb it, just add another layer with the seedlings. Good things come to those who have the patience not to fk with things lol.

Here are a few shots of the trichomes on the fruity Gift of Fire F2. I think she will be the first to come down. Haven’t watered them for 4 or 5 days now and they are beginning to show some wilting. We are only sitting around 5 weeks post flip, so maybe another week, the rest still need 3 or 4.

Ordered some cannabis off my provincial website. Took a day or two longer due to the postal strike.

UpCannabis - Meridian
I found the packaging to be fine. First impression was decent. Buds look grown in the sun and very Sativa. Smoked smooth, decent taste, reminded me of Acapulco Gold. Long clear head high. Good energy.

The other strain, Gems, is a hybrid, with a much more indica looking bud. Haven’t tried that yet.

I will take some proper photos with my camera, now that I think about it.

looks tasty!:smokin:
I know right! Another week for one, maybe 2 or 3 for the rest. Looking forward to the cure, love the smells in the jars.

Hey Urb, hope all is well! I’ve been enjoying HSO too - my Green Crack was big on yield and potency. I’m going for their Blue Dream next.
DW! It’s nice to see you around the forum again dobe. I know you have had some challenges this summer and may not be as active but I am glad you popped in.

The Green Crack was very energetic. The Blue Dream just has the best vibe.

Sadly my GC and BD was my first real grow attempt and my yield and density were poor. The smells, frost, smoke, and buzz were great. Love that Blue Dream, I have seriously been considering growing 1 again next round.

I have some other HSO tester seeds, Platinum Yeti F3 that look crazy. Sour 76 too, but don’t know much about those. I don’t want to mess with regular seeds this next round.

I am thinking of 2 Seedsman Skunk #1, an HSO Blue Dream and a CKS CB Dream. I might start a fresh journal. For that too.

Thanks Urb!

The way some of the folks around here nail their first grows, you'd think that was the norm, but my first grow was not unlike yours in that yield and bud density didn't really measure up to what I'd hoped. It gets better every round though, and I feel great about where my bud is these days.

I'm going to run a Skunk #1 and a CBDream myself in the new year... it's funny how we land on the same strains.

Urb your flowers look amazing. Water em good bro. Treat them like the ladies they are!

Whats up with the warning on the weed container?? I was un-aware cannabis was addictive. Is there a study that backs up that crap they printed on the label or is that just politics as usual??

The government should make it a requirement to watch Reefer Madness (stoned) before you can purchase cannabis .... Us it as a training tool. :D :passitleft:

Urb your flowers look amazing. Water em good bro. Treat them like the ladies they are!

Whats up with the warning on the weed container?? I was un-aware cannabis was addictive. Is there a study that backs up that crap they printed on the label or is that just politics as usual??

The government should make it a requirement to watch Reefer Madness (stoned) before you can purchase cannabis .... Us it as a training tool. :D :passitleft:

Thanks Bob, I gave them a few gallons this morning as they were ready for a drink, feeling pretty good about where they are. I will get some good buds out of this crop.

The warning labels are purely politics. I was a bit surprised to read their message, as I don’t totally buy what their saying. But that’s fine. People can make their own opinions on what cannabis does and doesn’t do. I wasn’t strong socially to begin with lol

Took a few more photos of the purchased weed.

This is the hybrid strain Gems by Up Cannabis. Pretty decent smoke. Good buzz.

This is the Sativa offering, Meridian. Really dig this stuff. Wish I had the seeds for it.

I want to get something off my chest in my own thread rather than sound off, more than I already have, on another thread regarding the legalization of recreational cannabis in Canada.

There are some who are critical of our laws and the situation in Canada. Going so far as to say it’s not true legalization and that it’s too restrictive.

To that I have to call bullshit. Seriously asinine.

I can purchase cannabis online or in a store, with many strains and companies to choose from. How many cities, states, or countries can say that. How is this restrictive or not “fully legal”.

I can carry up to 30 grams of cannabis, so long as it’s not sitting next to me in a vehicle. How is this restrictive? Is this not reasonable?

I can grow up to 4 plants. Which I have proven can produce plenty of weed. Who is this not enough for and why?

I can give my friends or family, or a stranger if I want, as much as I want. Albeit 30 grams at a time. How is this not legal enough?

I can do all this without facing criminal charges, a record, or any other legal issues. Can someone explain to me how this is not legalization?

Now there are those people who are not happy with those laws. They want more plants. Carry more. Do whatever else they want. My question is why? How is that personal? Who needs more than 4 plants? Medicinal users can get permission to grow more. You know who wants more? Greedy people. Illegal drug dealers. People who want to grow more to make more money. The only people who aren’t happy are criminals or people who have been abusing the law already. As they say, locks only keep out the honest people.

Some recreational users want to make more concentrates and think they should have more plants. Well guess what, you don’t NEED to make concentrates, you WANT to make concentrates. In that case, your personal rights and freedoms are NOT being infringed upon. You are just greedy and think the laws shouldn’t apply to you. Just like you think the speed limit doesn’t apply to you.

That’s fine. But I expect you to pay the fine or do the time when you speed or kill someone. You grow more than you are allowed or try to make a profit without paying the taxman, I expect you to pay the fine or do the time. It’s simple.

I feel like I have to remind people WHY we legalized cannabis. To stop criminalizing citizens for smoking it. To prevent our kids from easily accessing it. To limit the amount of money gangs and criminals make off of the illegal drug trade, and tax that industry so we can actually see some benefit.

There are two questions these people can’t answer me. 1- How are the current laws infringing on your basic rights to purchase, grow, and consume cannabis?

2 - How is this not meeting the intent of legalization?

It’s a trick question because the laws are not infringing on anything but their ego and selfishness. For some people, enough is never enough.

Well, sticking to my journaling style, which is sparse chatting, opinionated bellyaching, some weed cultivation, and regular photo dumps...it’s time for a photo dump.

beautiful photos urbs!

i dont disagree with you on the legalization front. What doesnt sit well with me is the lack of informed individuals in the industry, ive heard some ridiculous things come out of peoples mouths. What i dont appreciate is all the snobs who turned their noses up at me for smoking for years, now actively embracing, promoting and profitting from cannabis.

I can grow up to 4 plants. Which I have proven can produce plenty of weed. Who is this not enough for and why?

i think the law should read "4mature flowering cannabis plants" and have a stipulation for "4 non flowering plants 12"or less and 4 seedlings 6"or less" lets face it growing aint all that easy and its easy to screw up(like i just did) or get an infestation, or power outage, or get 4 males, or hermies, or mold, or or or. its easy to lose a crop and takes a long time tp grow one.

To prevent our kids from easily accessing it.

booze is legal, its never stopped underage drinking. Doubt it will have any effects on underage smoking, one could argue its even more accessible for some youth if their parents are growing at home. Most people dont make their own booze.

To limit the amount of money gangs and criminals make off of the illegal drug trade

criminals are always ahead of the game, if they didnt see the change coming they are retarded. Most probably turned it into a way to make legal money.

I guess this could also depend on your definition of criminal, as some of the biggest corporations in the world are trying to get their hands in it as deeply as possible. Gangs kill other gangs, sure the odd innocent life gets taken, but corporations like monsanto poison and pollute the earth and its inhabittants. And then they get their tax breaks just because of their size and political pull/power. So whos to say the benefits wont dry up? this also makes me wonder about the future for cannabis and its genetics.

sorry, i dont voice my viewpoints often, i keep to myself in the real world and do my own thing, nice to be able to conversate with other intelligent indiviuals on a subject i like to talk about lol

beautiful photos urbs!

i dont disagree with you on the legalization front. What doesnt sit well with me is the lack of informed individuals in the industry, ive heard some ridiculous things come out of peoples mouths. What i dont appreciate is all the snobs who turned their noses up at me for smoking for years, now actively embracing, promoting and profitting from cannabis.

i think the law should read "4mature flowering cannabis plants" and have a stipulation for "4 non flowering plants 12"or less and 4 seedlings 6"or less" lets face it growing aint all that easy and its easy to screw up(like i just did) or get an infestation, or power outage, or get 4 males, or hermies, or mold, or or or. its easy to lose a crop and takes a long time tp grow one.

booze is legal, its never stopped underage drinking. Doubt it will have any effects on underage smoking, one could argue its even more accessible for some youth if their parents are growing at home. Most people dont make their own booze.

criminals are always ahead of the game, if they didnt see the change coming they are retarded. Most probably turned it into a way to make legal money.

I guess this could also depend on your definition of criminal, as some of the biggest corporations in the world are trying to get their hands in it as deeply as possible. Gangs kill other gangs, sure the odd innocent life gets taken, but corporations like monsanto poison and pollute the earth and its inhabittants. And then they get their tax breaks just because of their size and political pull/power. So whos to say the benefits wont dry up? this also makes me wonder about the future for cannabis and its genetics.

sorry, i dont voice my viewpoints often, i keep to myself in the real world and do my own thing, nice to be able to conversate with other intelligent indiviuals on a subject i like to talk about lol

Yeah I can understand about the whole bandwagon jumping thing. Still think there is going to be a lot of work to do to de-stigmatize cannabis and it’s users.

I agree, the whole 4 plant rule doesn’t take into consideration regular seeds, cloning, or other variables. It’s a bit limiting in that regard but, not when taking into consideration phasing into reality the legalization of home cultivation. We can work with those laws.

I think it’s also important for these complainers to remember that they had to get a complex law passed. Such a huge change in policy shouldn’t be done so haphazardly. Not easy to put the genie back in the bottle. So careful limits and restrictions were implemented in order to 1-get the law passed, and 2- have the law as such that it has to be loosened up rather than tightened, in order to dial it in with limited consequences.

It’s a lot harder for kids to purchase alcohol these days. In my teens I could go find weed any time of the day. I had to jump through hoops to potentially get liquor. Regardless, kids who really want something will get it.

The big corporations shouldn’t be allowed in the craft cannabis market. But, every single dollar that is spent in government cannabis stores or private ones, is one less untaxed dollar in the hands of criminals. By criminals that refers to anyone breaking the law in order to make a profit off of untaxed and illegally grown cannabis. I want tax dollars, to go to health care, schools, roads, whatever. Not to pay for some dudes tribal tattoo.

I know we have some challenges but in my opinion, this is legalization. Not prohibition 2.0
We, the people, got what we wanted. Only a vocal minority are unhappy because they thought they would be able to go legit, and either didnt, or can’t.

Back
Top Bottom