The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Yeah even worse they're heaps seeds not cannabis seeds. Dude must have pulled a quick one on me:eek::D:p

So I did some clones late last night. Psm did well. GC male cut fine but the stanks kept culling over on me... I had 1 that kept upright and not wilt. Like I've seen dead plants that looked healthier than 2 of the 3 cuts!

But it's not my first rodeo (it's my 3rd or 4th). So I left then culled over, wilted and literally lifeless. I even said oh I'll take a picture in case they come back.. but, no, wait they're too far gone for that. Well if you know me and my plants, whenever I ever doubt one enough, or simply talk enough shit, they try harder to surprise me.

Needless to say all the clones look perfect today. Apparently they just wanted to keep my on my toes.

Heres a peek at the "EZ CLONE HOME 2.0"

And some random psm pics

20181014_220150.jpg
20181014_221138.jpg
20181014_222135.jpg

Have a great week eveyone!

Attachments

• 20181014_222201.jpg
    20181014_222201.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 8
Glad to hear the cuts are cooperating for you Dabber! Its amazing how bad they can look and then you give them a few hours and you come back and they look like nothing happened.

Okay. Plan was to flip them tonight. But I want to be sure the clones are happy in the veg place the just went into... sooo
ONE MORE DAY!

They're sure ready! The scrog stank is kinda limping back to life also, and I want it to at least have 1 good stride of growth before flip. So it gets the rest of today and tomorrow. Then its go time

20181014_222201.jpg
20181015_074913.jpg

Tubs gonna be rockin soon!
Yesssir! I cant wait :high-five::slide:

The worm bin helped my leafy green intake :rofl:.
Right! Worms save lives!

I fed my worms last night and tossed the ones trying to escape onto the food pile (blended spinach, carrots, and celery). Then I tossed some coffee grounds on them and closed the bin. You can see the escapees on the top edges in the pic below:

Can you explain you new cloning tray and tell me if you think I should recut the long stems in the cloninator?

I fed my worms last night and tossed the ones trying to escape onto the food pile (blended spinach, carrots, and celery). Then I tossed some coffee grounds on them and closed the bin. You can see the escapees on the top edges in the pic below:

Can you explain you new cloning tray and tell me if you think I should recut the long stems in the cloninator?
Your worms are looking mighty fine there Mr. Shed!

Oh well it was more of a hypothetical statement about the stem lengths. Like woody mentioned, where from the plant they are taken could be a factor as well. I'm less inclined to believe the difference in root time is due to when you watered, fertilized or time of day you took them, because I assume they were taken in a group. While correlation doesnt imply causation, I did notice the first one to root had the least amount of stem below the lid. Again, just a thought. But I could see how others could argue more stem = more surface area to produce roots. But it could be the opposite too. Less surface area for the cut to try and grow roots out of = faster rooting.

Another thing I really think helped is the 24/7 mister vs. Interval. I believe the reason they rooted up by the neoprene was probably because that was the place where water got trapped and provided a moist crevasse for roots to form.

Either way the bucket in cooler temps seems to be doing stellar buddy. No criticism, just trying to help you get to the 90% clone point.... (insert "realist" shed reply about how he will always be better at killing than cloning cuts... HERE)

20181016_075317.jpg

So my "cloner thing" is just a bigger version of my previous "EZ CLONE HOME".

instead of using the bottom half of a nutrient bottle, I used a Tupperware type deal, and covered it in tape (probably not necessary since the stem ends are already in the darkness of the rooter). The kabob sticks hold the tray of rooters up higher allowing me to have. Bigger "res". Its filled with water so all the plugs are kept wet with oxygenated water. And lastly I up graded from a 2 inch airstone, to 6 inch.

Overall they look really... not dead. So hood signs. The PsM has re oriented itself to face the light I've noticed too. Good signs of a "not yet dead clone".

So the plan was to switch the lighting timer, but I gonna wait. ONE MORE DAY.... mainly because I need to plan to give my self access to the room morning and evening (before and after work). But daylight savings is coming I think, so I'll need to also account for that. Apparently the day after my b day...

I'll throw the vipar up untill I can do the wire splice. Hopefully still flip tomorrow and spend the rest of the week getting the drivers all positioned for connection.

Lots of fun hole you all have a terpy tuesday!

:cool::peace: Dabs

Attachments

• 20181016_075317.jpg
    20181016_075317.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 11
insert "realist" shed reply about how he will always be better at killing than cloning cuts...
HERE! Since you mentioned the stem length thing in passing I wanted to know more of your thoughts on it :). I can't run the pump in there 24/7 because of the heat but the two that have roots have done it at 1/15 so I think they're wet enough. What the difference is between those that root and those that don't (they were all taken at the same time of day from about the same part of the plant) is still a mystery, except that I'm 2/3 on the AK and 0/3 on the Sour G. I guess that means the AK is easier to root!

In light of your stem-length comment I did slide the longest ones higher in the neoprene to shorten the stems...we'll see!

Does EZ Clone Home 2.0 have the airstone under the rooters in the reservoir? It's hard to tell in the pic but it doesn't look deep enough.

Cuttings look good. Nothing dead yet!

I have 1 cutting with roots showing so I'm really stoked right now! Hoping for the others to produce visible roots here in the next couple of days. I'll post pics this afternoon.

I have 1 cutting with roots showing so I'm really stoked right now! Hoping for the others to produce visible roots here in the next couple of days. I'll post pics this afternoon.
Pshhhh! sounds like your doing great qith them penny. I'm honestly a little scared to flip in case they take a turn for the worst. But I guess I can always take flowering cuts if that's the case.

Apparently there was a huge storm system over Canada yesterday. 2 hours later they discovered it was a giant could of smoke :laugh:

So not much of an update today. I'm not happy with the final container sizes for the the grape crush so I'll hopefull grab 2 this morning omw to work as well as some h202 to drown the gnat larva that remains.

Gonna get these puppies watered the. I'm out. I'll try and get some pics up if I get to work early.

:peace: Dabs

Back
Top Bottom